So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a

LIKE I SAID ON 11/17/14, M-U-S-C-H-A-M-P! --> http://bleacherrepor...uld-terrify-sec

"Auburn's primary problem this season was its pass defense, if anybody can fix that it is Muschamp. His Gator defenses finished in the top four in the conference in pass defense every year and finished in the top three in the SEC in yards allowed per attempt in each of the last three seasons and generally make life miserable for opposing quarterbacks."

So much for all the so-called know it all experts on here!

That's right^^ And I was continuously flamed on and was told I didn't know what I was talking about, lol. Well, I hate to honk my own horn but........ BEEP BEEP!!

To my carbon-based brethren:

It doesn't take a bleacher report article to validate a problem that's plagued the defense the last 6 seasons.

I have read profiles on a few up and comers, particularly Odom from Memphis. He looks to be a trendy candidate based from how he turned that set of tigers' defense around relatively quickly. The biggest question mark on him would be his ability to recruit SEC-caliber talent to compete in the Lion's Den that is the SEC West.

Which is why I am signing on board with Project Guschamp. He's already a household name who's highly regarded in recruiting landscape. Arguably, the best DC available; even if only on a short-term basis. Which segues to the downside of Project Guschamp. I think he's only here for another brief stint similar to '06 & '07 seasons. Maybe three seasons max if he has a so-so 2015 campaign. I could see him leaving to take a job as a position coach in the league.

I like this Muschamp idea because what Gus has to prove right now is that he can go all the way, that's literally all that he has left on the plate. We know he can make it to the stage, we know he can go head to head with Saban, but can he win the biggest game in the sport?

Has anyone mentioned Bo Pellini? If we can't get Muschamp (assuming he is our number 1) why not Pellini?

You gotta be kidding

Ellis is here to stay. Hope this is now settled.

LOLWUT

;)/>

The fact that was written AFTER the Iron Bowl is the hardest part to believe

Nah if you follow his posts you'd wonder what took him so long. I'm surprised he didn't write it when Cooper was at around 150 yards in the middle of the 3rd

LOLWUT

;)/>

Nah if you follow his posts you'd wonder what took him so long. I'm surprised he didn't write it when Cooper was at around 150 yards in the middle of the 3rd

I think he was being facetious, tounge in cheek type of thing.

In case it slipped your mind Pelini is the one that told Nebraska fans eff you because they left a game early. We don't need that.

No it didn't slip my mind. And there was more to it than that. He was upset his fans didn't support the team and had a private (or at least what he thought was private) conversation about it. I doubt this one will happen anyway. He'll probably end up a HC at a lower end school.

LOLWUT

;)/>

Pretty obscure humor

IMO Auburn hiring Pellini would be about the equivalent of Bama hiring Kiffin. Hard for the fans to stomach but could produce results and possibly rehab his image under Gus. Although he is pretty unlikeable he is no where near the douchebag Kiffin is.

Still do not want him.

LOLWUT

;)/>

No, that was WT's actual position on the matter.

IMO Auburn hiring Pellini would be about the equivalent of Bama hiring Kiffin. Hard for the fans to stomach but could produce results and possibly rehab his image under Gus. Although he is pretty unlikeable he is no where near the douchebag Kiffin is.

Still do not want him.

Bama is one of the few situations where I think Kiffin could have worked because of Saban's policy of being the only coach that speaks to the media. It prevents Kiffin from saying more stupid stuff and getting his ego all out of whack. Unless Gus wanted to change his policy on this, Pelini would be a public embarrassment waiting to happen.

Still do not want him.

Bama is one of the few situations where I think Kiffin could have worked because of Saban's policy of being the only coach that speaks to the media. It prevents Kiffin from saying more stupid stuff and getting his ego all out of whack. Unless Gus wanted to change his policy on this, Pelini would be a public embarrassment waiting to happen.

Agree. Pelini would be a good fit to go to Louisville and work under Petrino. That would be a PP of similar flash points.

Archived