So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can keep Pruitt out of any discussion

@JCGroves: #UGA Jeremy Pruitt on #Auburn: "They're really not that good when they don't know what offensive plays are coming".

I do not want him at Auburn but he did not say anything that was not true.

So you believe we steal signals from the other team's offense? That's what he's saying. That's what they(FSU) were claiming last year after the title game. Pruitt was on the FSU staff last year.

@JCGroves: #UGA Jeremy Pruitt on #Auburn: "They're really not that good when they don't know what offensive plays are coming".

dumb

What about Kevin Greene as DC??

Still is involved with Auburn, I believe he gave a pre-game speech at one of the games. I think he is still the LB coach for the Packers. Would be huge for recruiting because of his NFL background. I think him and Garner would be a great pair. And our linebackers would be studs. The DB's are another story. I like Melvin Smith a lot. He is recruiting these tall CB's and once he gets his guys in I think they will be solid. Tony Bridges is 6-2, and Chris Westry is nearly 6-5. If we could get Greene to run the defense, it would be a huge win for us.

So you believe we steal signals from the other team's offense? That's what he's saying. That's what they(FSU) were claiming last year after the title game. Pruitt was on the FSU staff last year.

Bill Snyder claimed the same thing after the Kansas State game.

For the 7,000th time, that is not what Snyder said. And honestly, even if it were true, who's fault is it if signals aren't changed?

For the 7,000th time, that is not what Snyder said. And honestly, even if it were true, who's fault is it if signals aren't changed?

Indeed. His words were originally taken out of context or misinterpreted, and he confirmed that afterward.

What about Kevin Greene as DC??

Still is involved with Auburn, I believe he gave a pre-game speech at one of the games. I think he is still the LB coach for the Packers. Would be huge for recruiting because of his NFL background. I think him and Garner would be a great pair. And our linebackers would be studs. The DB's are another story. I like Melvin Smith a lot. He is recruiting these tall CB's and once he gets his guys in I think they will be solid. Tony Bridges is 6-2, and Chris Westry is nearly 6-5. If we could get Greene to run the defense, it would be a huge win for us.

No. He's wanting to spend time with his kids or some such.

If we wind up with a new DC, I want it to be someone with experience. Not some random person who happened to play for Auburn.

Muschamp is the man. If Gus is going to make a change he is the one who can straighten this mess out.

Muschamp or Gibbs. I honestly think Gibbs might be a safer hire.

Muschamp is the man. If Gus is going to make a change he is the one who can straighten this mess out.

Muschamp or Gibbs. I honestly think Gibbs might be a safer hire.

Joe Gibbs?

David Gibbs...former DC at Auburn. I s currently at Uni. of Houston

Some of this is reminiscent of the back and forth we had over Tony Barbee and the basketball program. I don't mean his last year. I am going back to probably the two previous years. We had defenders wanting to give him more time and others saying his time had run out. I mean how long do you give a man before making the change? If we let CEJ stay and next year is a repeat of this year then there is another wasted year. Sometimes the stats don't add up. CEJ is great at halftime adjustments. Hey that's great except for the fact that the game has a first half too. The first half of a game is typically a disaster. I don't necessarily think being down on the field would make a giant difference. I remember Wayne Hall was usually up in the booth during his days. We had some pretty good defenses then. RG is down on the field and he and the other sideline position coaches can be getting their players taken care of. RG is essentially the assistant DC if he doesn't actually have that title. Fundamentals are lacking across the board in the linebackers and secondary. I would have expected some definite improvement from one year to the next. If we aren't getting top defensive recruits that just compounds the problem. Something is going to have to change. Now whether any coaches get moved out or around, I don't know. I just can't see another year making a difference for the positive.

WE do not decide if he stays or goes. Just sayin'...

Some of this is reminiscent of the back and forth we had over Tony Barbee and the basketball program. I don't mean his last year. I am going back to probably the two previous years. We had defenders wanting to give him more time and others saying his time had run out. I mean how long do you give a man before making the change? If we let CEJ stay and next year is a repeat of this year then there is another wasted year. Sometimes the stats don't add up. CEJ is great at halftime adjustments. Hey that's great except for the fact that the game has a first half too. The first half of a game is typically a disaster. I don't necessarily think being down on the field would make a giant difference. I remember Wayne Hall was usually up in the booth during his days. We had some pretty good defenses then. RG is down on the field and he and the other sideline position coaches can be getting their players taken care of. RG is essentially the assistant DC if he doesn't actually have that title. Fundamentals are lacking across the board in the linebackers and secondary. I would have expected some definite improvement from one year to the next. If we aren't getting top defensive recruits that just compounds the problem. Something is going to have to change. Now whether any coaches get moved out or around, I don't know. I just can't see another year making a difference for the positive.

WE do not decide if he stays or goes. Just sayin'...

Well golly gee whiz bang, I didn't know that. I thought sure I had that power. I'm simply stating my observations and my opinion just like you and everyone else does.

Why is Muschamp's name even being mentioned? According to the terms of his contract, he would receive more than $3 million per year through 2016 from UF -- as long as he doesn't take another coaching job. Even if that amount is negotiated down, since he agreed to resign rather than be fired, he will still receive at least half that amount annually for the next couple of seasons.

Now, why would he give up that kind of money to be a DC someplace earning a small fraction of the amount he could earn just by watching games on TV and watching his money multiply in the stock market? Muschamp may not be a great head coach, but at least give him credit for not being an idiot.

Why is Muschamp's name even being mentioned? According to the terms of his contract, he would receive more than $3 million per year through 2016 from UF -- as long as he doesn't take another coaching job. Even if that amount is negotiated down, since he agreed to resign rather than be fired, he will still receive at least half that amount annually for the next couple of seasons.

Now, why would he give up that kind of money to be a DC someplace earning a small fraction of the amount he could earn just by watching games on TV and watching his money multiply in the stock market? Muschamp may not be a great head coach, but at least give him credit for not being an idiot.

coaches want to coach. Look at how many coaches get fired and go into broadcasting but get antsy and go right back into that grind, even though being in television is so much easier. Coaching and working with young men is what drives them. Being away from it drives them crazy. That is their passion in life. I don't know what Muschamp will do but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go right back into the fray next year, even if it is at the coordinator level.

Money isn't everything to everyone, and he may enjoy coaching enough to give up that amount.

i havent seen his contract but read somewhere he gets 2million thru 2017. i assumed any earnings would be deducted from that so money would be irrelevant. I have no idea if he would be interested or not but to play devils advocate i will project; He wants to get back into a headcoaching position and get the chance to interview (and explain why his UF gig bombed out) for another big job. He is a DC by trade and that is where he must start. We have a bad defense and plenty of room to improve. We have an offensive genious HC who always puts up points and lets the DC have that side. Again it may be impossible and i dont even have a preference.

A 3-4 guy from the nfl. Find out who the linebacker coach of say the steelers, packers, patriots

Our current D-line under performs enough as is and we wouldn't be able to just jump in to recruiting elite 3-4 nose tackles. We would be stuck taking the guys other elite 3-4 teams pass on. Great 3-4 nose tackles are just too hard to come by(see the Atlanta Falcons) and every kid on our current d-line roster would have to learn a new position. Also, if you wanna really get Mikey riled up put our current Lbs in a 3-4 system.

Archived