So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a much higher likelihood that Will Muschamp takes a DC job in the NFL than there is of him coming back to Auburn to be DC.

will left the nfl because saban demoted him on the defensive staff. i doubt he is high on nfl radars.

Apparently Will already talked to AU according to this

http://tigersandtide...-will-muschamp/

The next page is also all the proof and stats we need to confirm that firing Ellis is a necessary evil.

Well now 06 and 07 was a lifetime ago in the world of college football. The hurry up offense wasn't a big thing then. 90 percent of teams ran the traditional pro style. Even Urban at UF didn't run a hurry up offense. He ran a spread but not fast paced. I'll grant you Will had good defenses while at UF so he has demonstrated he can do it now.

http://tigersandtide.net/auburn-hire-will-muschamp/

The next page is also all the proof and stats we need to confirm that firing Ellis is a necessary evil.

i can't take the link now but if this is the same one i saw earlier he said he has gotten condolences from relationships made in his years of coaching. He named about five dfferent places. Maybe tubs called him. I think the headlines are intentionally misleading.

http://tigersandtide...-will-muschamp/

Well now 06 and 07 was a lifetime ago in the world of college football. The hurry up offense wasn't a big thing then. 90 percent of teams ran the traditional pro style. Even Urban at UF didn't run a hurry up offense. He ran a spread but not fast paced. I'll grant you Will had good defenses while at UF so he has demonstrated he can do it now.

Yeah but if he did that against pro style teams, I'm assuming he can still do it against pro style teams here. Ellis can't do it against anyone.

Reese Dismukes on critics of coaching: "there's a lot of people out there who are going to talk who don't know anything about anything."

@JamesCrepea

Quote...Dismukes: "There's a lot of people out there that's going to say stuff, right now it's just letting our young guys not to listen to that."

@AUBlog

I don't think it is the schemes that need changing. I think we just are not getting the type players we need on defense. You need really aggressive players with an attitude. We have all nice guys.

Isnt this the same coach who helped to lead Carolina out of the bottomless pit of college football....one who beat Alabama by two touchdowns in 2010? He had help on he other side of the ball, but Johnson has been pretty good in this league before. I do think we need a change but I'm not throwing it all on him.

Reese Dismukes on critics of coaching: "there's a lot of people out there who are going to talk who don't know anything about anything."

@JamesCrepea

Quote...Dismukes: "There's a lot of people out there that's going to say stuff, right now it's just letting our young guys not to listen to that."

@AUBlog

But 136 people on the message board have an uneducated opinion. Surely that counts for something

@JamesCrepea

@AUBlog

But 136 people on the message board have an uneducated opinion. Surely that counts for something

Yes. It makes for long threads.

It's interesting that CEJ's defensive stats have improved from year 1 to 2. Muschamp's stayed the same. Also comparing the circumstances of offenses we've played, I don't know those stats tell a complete story.

It is what it is & aint what it aint. With this being said, something will happen at the end of the season if we wind up 8-4 after the Iron bowl. You know what would be interesting would be for having the Iron bowl every 8 years in the UK or some place in Europe. This would be a lot of fun, and would give the rivalry a boost.

Isnt this the same coach who helped to lead Carolina out of the bottomless pit of college football....one who beat Alabama by two touchdowns in 2010? He had help on he other side of the ball, but Johnson has been pretty good in this league before. I do think we need a change but I'm not throwing it all on him.

I agree with you on this. I'm not sure what's going on with this defense but I still believe in CEJ. I was excited when we hired him and I think he's good for the young men.

It is what it is & aint what it aint. With this being said, something will happen at the end of the season if we wind up 8-4 after the Iron bowl. You know what would be interesting would be for having the Iron bowl every 8 years in the UK or some place in Europe. This would be a lot of fun, and would give the rivalry a boost.

How would doing something 99% of the fans can't afford to participate in every 8 years give the rivalry a boost? Not intended as a flame, I just may need a little more info in understanding what you're getting at.

Muschamp is NOT coming to AU. Give it a rest already.......

Roof, Van Gorder, Johnson.... not terrible DCs, are they ? And yet not a one of them can get AU's D to at least respectable levels.

Just freakin' annoying.

How would doing something 99% of the fans can't afford to participate in every 8 years give the rivalry a boost? Not intended as a flame, I just may need a little more info in understanding what you're getting at.

It's odd that you mention this doc. I had a discussion with a life-long UpDyke buddy of mine on Sunday mentioning something similar to this.

AU fans showed up for the NC in HUGE numbers when we played Oregon in California. Same in Miami. And didn't we end up using Oregon's and FSU's tickets to fill our needs ? I would think it would be a hit.

The NFL has been doing well in Wembley, maybe it's time for the fiercest rivalry to make its debut.

It's odd that you mention this doc. I had a discussion with a life-long UpDyke buddy of mine on Sunday mentioning something similar to this.

AU fans showed up for the NC in HUGE numbers when we played Oregon in California. Same in Miami. And didn't we end up using Oregon's and FSU's tickets to fill our needs ? I would think it would be a hit.

The NFL has been doing well in Wembley, maybe it's time for the fiercest rivalry to make its debut.

Oregon was in Arizona, FSU was California.

Roof, Van Gorder, Johnson.... not terrible DCs, are they ? And yet not a one of them can get AU's D to at least respectable levels.

Just freakin' annoying.

Roof and Van Gorder had Chizik meddling and contradicting what they wanted. BVG had no idea what he was getting himself into when he came to AU. Ellis, well I just don't know. Maybe he just hasn't got the ability to coach in todays game.

Oregon was in Arizona, FSU was California.

just flew back from Miami....duh lol

@JamesCrepea

@AUBlog

That's good and all but we were hearing the same things under Chizik. Players aren't going to go against their mentors.

It's interesting that CEJ's defensive stats have improved from year 1 to 2. Muschamp's stayed the same. Also comparing the circumstances of offenses we've played, I don't know those stats tell a complete story.

Its just that Muschamp's defense was already a top 20 defense and its hard to rise when recruiting just didn't pop off under Tuberville. Johnson is working with more talent (on paper) this year than 2007 I'd think. Including injuries, the scales probably slightly tip Will's favor but only slightly

Archived