So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pellini would make more sense than Muschamp would IMHO.

In what way?

I think he would fit in better with the rest of the staff and he's not likely to get his drawers in a wad and leave like Muschamp did. As far as coaching acumen I'd say it's pretty much a wash.

Pellini would make more sense than Muschamp would IMHO.

In what way?

I think he would fit in better with the rest of the staff and he's not likely to get his drawers in a wad and leave like Muschamp did. As far as coaching acumen I'd say it's pretty much a wash.

I think you haven't paid much attention to Pelini then. He's a hothead and a douchebag of the first order. Just one example (language warning):

http://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-on-nebraska-fans-****-you-fans-****-all-o-1327398903

It's not the only example of Pelini "getting his drawers in a wad."

UGA fired their D coordinator after only two yrs and shocked everyone by hiring Pruitt. They are killing it on 2015 D recruiting. Who thought Pruitt would leave FSU after winning the national title and with elite talent. So for those saying CEJ is not going anywhere or that we should give him another year for maintaining some consistency, I say that if we hit a home run with new coordinator, it's a win and the program will shoot up with momentum. I like Muschamp and I think Gus snd Jay can pursuade him to come back. The new D coordinator will need to bring in whom he wants. Also like the Clemson coordinator. Cheez needs to go for sure. I'm not sold on CRG but wasn't he also named assistant D coordinator?

Just my opinion, i would like to go after a secondary coach from the nfl. Make CRG special teams coach and get rocker back from GA. If he won't come back, find a dline coach that has actually played the position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CRG play oline at AU.

The problem I have with getting NFL coaches is that they don't have to do too much teaching. College players, especially young ones need to be taught proper technique and getting rid of bad habits. NFL coaches are dealing with the cream of the college ranks and uaually don't havr to do too much as far as basics go.

The problem I have with getting NFL coaches is that they don't have to do too much teaching. College players, especially young ones need to be taught proper technique and getting rid of bad habits. NFL coaches are dealing with the cream of the college ranks and uaually don't havr to do too much as far as basics go.

Have you seen how bad some of the tackling has been in the NFL level? That's where most of the kids learn their bad habits by watching the NFL guys trying to make sportscenter.

Have you seen how bad some of the tackling has been in the NFL level? That's where most of the kids learn their bad habits by watching the NFL guys trying to make sportscenter.

And it hasn't improved, making my point that they don't expect NFL coaches to have to teach players basics, and they don't. I'd much rather find a coach that can teach players proper technique and let them get better.

And it hasn't improved, making my point that they don't expect NFL coaches to have to teach players basics, and they don't. I'd much rather find a coach that can teach players proper technique and let them get better.

In the NFL you are taking college players and you do have to teach them a much more complicated system than anything they ever saw. It's the same principle at the college level but your system isn't as advanced as the NFL guys are. A good defensive coach can teach the game.

In the NFL you are taking college players and you do have to teach them a much more complicated system than anything they ever saw. It's the same principle at the college level but your system isn't as advanced as the NFL guys are. A good defensive coach can teach the game.

Not talking about the system. I'm talking about fundamentals. Systems and schemes aren't the same thing.

Not talking about the system. I'm talking about fundamentals. Systems and schemes aren't the same thing.

A good defensive coach knows how to teach fundamentals too. If he can't then he's not a good coach.

UGA fired their D coordinator after only two yrs and shocked everyone by hiring Pruitt. They are killing it on 2015 D recruiting. Who thought Pruitt would leave FSU after winning the national title and with elite talent. So for those saying CEJ is not going anywhere or that we should give him another year for maintaining some consistency, I say that if we hit a home run with new coordinator, it's a win and the program will shoot up with momentum. I like Muschamp and I think Gus snd Jay can pursuade him to come back. The new D coordinator will need to bring in whom he wants. Also like the Clemson coordinator. Cheez needs to go for sure. I'm not sold on CRG but wasn't he also named assistant D coordinator?

He is the asst. HC.

Tried and true is over rated. How many of our last defensive coordinators fit that bill only to massively disappoint. I want someone young, with energy and passion, on the sidelines that spent some years as an assistant under a coordinator with proven success.

Just my opinion, i would like to go after a secondary coach from the nfl. Make CRG special teams coach and get rocker back from GA. If he won't come back, find a dline coach that has actually played the position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CRG play oline at AU.

I would cry if we could get rocker back here

LIKE I SAID ON 11/17/14, M-U-S-C-H-A-M-P! --> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2284707-will-muschamp-and-auburn-is-a-great-match-should-terrify-sec

"Auburn's primary problem this season was its pass defense, if anybody can fix that it is Muschamp. His Gator defenses finished in the top four in the conference in pass defense every year and finished in the top three in the SEC in yards allowed per attempt in each of the last three seasons and generally make life miserable for opposing quarterbacks."

So much for all the so-called know it all experts on here!

LIKE I SAID ON 11/17/14, M-U-S-C-H-A-M-P! --> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2284707-will-muschamp-and-auburn-is-a-great-match-should-terrify-sec

"Auburn's primary problem this season was its pass defense, if anybody can fix that it is Muschamp. His Gator defenses finished in the top four in the conference in pass defense every year and finished in the top three in the SEC in yards allowed per attempt in each of the last three seasons and generally make life miserable for opposing quarterbacks."

So much for all the so-called know it all experts on here!

That's right^^ And I was continuously flamed on and was told I didn't know what I was talking about, lol. Well, I hate to honk my own horn but........ BEEP BEEP!!

Archived