So if we moved on from Ellis J... (Edit we did)

Dual-Threat Rigby

I think what Saban really knows is that we can't execute that eye candy the same anymore....he and everyone else knew about the style of offense last year as well, we just could do it better.

Agree.

There is a method to the madness. All the movement is meant to get the defense spread out and confused on which way the ball went. Having the non stop fake read option takes away the ability of NM to lead the play toward the holes opened in the D with the pre snap motion. Without a true read option, the D can ignore the motion and play assignment football which is much harder to beat than out of position confused defenders.

hopefully Malzahn reimplements the read option or we're gonna be watching Alabama in the playoffs.

Easier said than done without Prosch's blocking...

While technically true, the fake read option is more in need of Prosch than the real one. A true read sends the play to the best spot where blocking is less crucial. A fake read requires near perfection in blocking as it is more likely to go towards a higher number of defenders

precisely, even Carlson is good enough to block a real read option play.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On D we had an excellent pass rusher who demanded double teams.

When people say we won because we were new I feel that's taking credit away from how good we really were.

by uga, bammer, sec.bcs. we were not new. We were very good. Nobody figured us out.

My fear is that if we don't move on from Johnson and the D next year is as dismal as it has been this year then it won't be Johnson on the hot seat this time next year it will be Malzahn. And none of us want that.

If Johnson needs to go better he go now than later. If he doesn't need to go then certainly there are some position coaches that do need to go.

When people say we won because we were new I feel that's taking credit away from how good we really were.

by uga, bammer, sec.bcs. we were not new. We were very good. Nobody figured us out.

I'm pretty sure they were smart enough to know what play was gonna likely be called by that point

Guest jojo1515

I'm pretty sure they were smart enough to know what play was gonna likely be called by that point

I think he means no one figured out how to stop us whether they knew what was coming or not

I think he means no one figured out how to stop us whether they knew what was coming or not

we are still one of the best offenses in the country without some key players. its not a case of "well they figured us out its all over now". we are still good just nned to develop a few more players to get back to great. nothing wrong with Gus' system.

I think we could have better schemes right now and believe we have the players but we are forcing last years scheme on this team. Fulse isn't Prosh and the OLINE isn't as good. Throw in some triple option and misdirection power run. CAP is a straight ahead runner and will run right into his own oline he don't have the vision Mason had. Give others a real shot to get this thing going. Our we could lineup and run the same plays over and over Because it worked last year.

we are still one of the best offenses in the country without some key players. its not a case of "well they figured us out its all over now". we are still good just nned to develop a few more players to get back to great. nothing wrong with Gus' system.

Exactly, the scheme doesn't fit the players....yet we're still running the scheme

Exactly, the scheme doesn't fit the players....yet we're still running the scheme

Did you forget the sarcasm emoticon? Gotta be careful, some folks around here will think you are serious.

DC Will Mushchamp

DL Tracey Rocker pretty please

LB Kevin Greene

DB DB Coach at LSU or Mich St

Def has recruited fine Ellis isnt devolping them like the other morons.

Since Bo at alot of games can we make him RB coach too

dream staff

Auburn might wsnt to consider Robb Smith, Arkansas DC, held bammers to 14, shutout LSU and Ole Miss, with less talent, star wise, than Auburn.

If not him, Randy Shannon from the Arkansas staff.

Auburn might wsnt to consider Robb Smith, Arkansas DC, held bammers to 14, shutout LSU and Ole Miss, with less talent, star wise, than Auburn.

If a change is made, I have thought the same thing.

If a change is made, I have thought the same thing.

It's Smith's first year. You think he'd jump?

apparently people are hearing from worms in the AD that Ellis is set to retire

This is what i'm hoping. Hard for me to see Gus having the guts to fire him. Gus is a good and loyal man. It would be great if EJ just stepped out of the way.

Archived