***Auburn vs. Georgia Post Game Thread*** (merged threads)

FHeal

I was afraid this was going to occur. It was a demoralizing why to lose a game last week. I wanted to see what kind of character the team had, and i didnt like what i witnessed. The fumbled punt and running into the punter were major. The second half performance was not what a championship type performance by the coaching staff or players.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They might be wondering why we run off tackle on third and 17 and then throw a bomb on third and two.

Master Gus is trying to mix it up. Don't knock Gus or Nick because they're untouchable.

I didnt get the play action jet sweep fake on 4th and 8. the pass went to CJ in triple coverage. not enough deep recievers to spread coverage.

Hey, maybe all this is just one big ruse! Instead of running the smoke draw on 3rd and 20 against UAT, we will run it on 1st and 25! UAT won't know what hit em!!!

yep 8-4. mediocre bowl game. could lose that. wait for next year but not much help for d next year. o will be alright. hopefully schedule will work in favor.

see ya in 2015. Carl please get healthy!

William Laird Cowher

William Laird Cowher

William Laird Cowher

lol

What does that mean?

Bill Cowher, former Cleveland Browns special teams great (?) and head ball coach of the Steelers!!! Go Steelers!!!

yep 8-4. mediocre bowl game. could lose that. wait for next year but not much help for d next year. o will be alright. hopefully schedule will work in favor.

see ya in 2015. Carl please get healthy!

Auburn's a mediocre team who's had a lot of good fortune. They deserve a mediocre bowl right after they play a BCS bowl game vs Bama.

If you want players to wrap up when tackling, then play the ones that wrap up and bench the ones that don't. If you don't want penalties, then play the guys that don't get penalties and bench the ones that do. And so on..... You might end up with a bunch of walk-on's for a game or two but the PROGRAM will be the better for it. Coaches should never decide the starters, players should(on the field). The coaches tell them what is expected, teach them the proper technique, then start the ones that do what the coaches DEMAND. Every player should know why he is or is not playing. There is more going on than play calling and X's and O's.

I was all set to come down hard on this team, especially the defense. Just sum it up by saying it's really going to be ugly in turdtown..

EXTREMELY Ugly. I really hate it. 61 years an aubie and I tho't things were improving. They will hang as many as they want on us, but I won't see it!

When do we start losing recruits?? No way we win any head to head battles with UGA or Bama after they destroy us.

I think Gus should go after the overflow in Texas and Florida anyway. Auburn has lost too many in the head to head battles for instate recruits anyway.With the REC recruiting riches it's really tough. There's lots of talent elsewhere so go get it. Who cares where they are from if they have the goods. AU has had good luck with Florida players as a rule.

The losses of Greg Robinson and Dee Ford were huge.

And Lawson, Prosch, Steven Clark and Cody Parkey.

No doubt these guys were huge but come on. Bama loses NFL guys every year and reloads. We sit here trying to isolate our woes to a few players? Special teams players at that.

William Laird Cowher

William Laird Cowher

William Laird Cowher

lol

What does that mean?

I was laughing at someone thinking a guy who could coach half of the NFL next year if he wanted to coming to Auburn to be a defensive coordinator.

When do we start losing recruits?? No way we win any head to head battles with UGA or Bama after they destroy us.

I was thinking the same thing, just didn't want to say it.

The losses of Greg Robinson and Dee Ford were huge.

And Lawson, Prosch, Steven Clark and Cody Parkey.

No doubt these guys were huge but come on. Bama loses NFL guys every year and reloads. We sit here trying to isolate our woes to a few players? Special teams players at that.

We've recruited pretty well, but we haven't recruited at their level. Nor for as many years straight as they have.

And ask Bama's 2013 team whether a FG kicker matters or not. The bottom line is, our special teams weren't just pretty good last year, they were an absolute weapon. How many times did Clark pin teams inside their 5 last year? Parkey almost never gave up kickoff returns and when he did we covered good. Special teams have hurt us badly, or did you miss the muffed punt and roughing the kicker penalties that wasted good efforts by the defense to force a punt? Or the blocked FG for a TD in the A&M game?

What I've seen this year is plain and simple. Coaching! Fundamentals not there. Game plans not there. Cheerleading on the sidelines is fine, but you got to coach 'em up to win.

Archived