***Auburn vs. Georgia Post Game Thread*** (merged threads)

FHeal

The losses of Greg Robinson and Dee Ford were huge.

And Lawson, Prosch, Steven Clark and Cody Parkey.

No doubt these guys were huge but come on. Bama loses NFL guys every year and reloads. We sit here trying to isolate our woes to a few players? Special teams players at that.

We've recruited pretty well, but we haven't recruited at their level.

And ask Bama's 2013 team whether a FG kicker matters or not. The bottom line is, our special teams weren't just pretty good last year, they were an absolute weapon. How many times did Clark pin teams inside their 5 last year? Parkey almost never gave up kickoff returns and when he did we covered good. Special teams have hurt us badly, or did you miss the muffed punt and roughing the kicker penalties that wasted good efforts by the defense to force a punt? Or the blocked FG for a TD in the A&M game?

Amen!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt these guys were huge but come on. Bama loses NFL guys every year and reloads. We sit here trying to isolate our woes to a few players? Special teams players at that.

Agreed ^^^^^^^^^ It cannot be that hard to improve just a little week to week and to see that when playing against teams like thUGA you have to coach differently.

William Laird Cowher

William Laird Cowher

William Laird Cowher

lol

What does that mean?

I was laughing at someone thinking a guy who could coach half of the NFL next year if he wanted to coming to Auburn to be a defensive coordinator.

Its good to hope

Our recruiting over the last 5 years is unprecedentedly good. I don't believe you can truthfully say we haven't recruited at their level.i know, for damn sure people were not saying that this time last year. I really think the team is quitting. This team is nothing like the 2012 team.yet, tonight was a very 2012ish performance. No heart, no enthusiam, no want to. Last week broke there backs. Here is hoping they find something in them selves over the next couple weeks.

Here it is: we just got to be big boys now! C'mon Gus. Dadgum!

No doubt, no doubt!!!

You know we're probably gonna get our butts handed to us on a platter by our cross-state rival and he says, we got to be big boys now. What the heck!

I had a serious issue when I heard the reporter during the halftime report state....Gus told her was too conservative in the 1st half. We're playing UGA with a chance to go to a really good bowl game..maybe not playoffs and we're being conservative knowing how bad our defense is?

We were going entirely too slow on offense. Maybe it was because of the defense but we've shown many times that when we slow down and esp. with Nick as the QB our offense just does not operate the same. I just don't know what the answer is at this point but the offense could only carry us for so long and it's caught up with us big time.

I think we had every reason to believe that we could run on UGA and we tried to make it happen. For some reason we couldn't do to them what Florida did to them.

I think we had every reason to believe that we could run on UGA and we tried to make it happen. For some reason we couldn't do to them what Florida did to them.

I'm not familiar with UGA's defense, but I wonder if they disguised and mixed up the defensive looks so that we called plays right into their strengths.

We will be good. Last year was great, this year is good but next year we get Carl Lawson, Andrew Williams Tre Williams Trey Matthews on Defense. On offense we get a more experienced line, sans Reese Dismukes, JJ, too many great RBs, and hope full Duke and Sammie back. I think we lack heart and leadership. The a&m loss took our steam away and it showed. We will play big against yat! Will we win? I'm thinking we can! War Eagle! IGTBAAT.STILL!

I'm not familiar with UGA's defense, but I wonder if they disguised and mixed up the defensive looks so that we called plays right into their strengths.

They just flat out play tougher and stronger. They looked like Auburn of old. :-(

I am very disappointed in the team today. Piss poor effort in all 3 phases. The players I saw working hard were Jonathan Jones, CAP, CJ Uzomah, and Nick Marshall. The rest can and should feel guilty after getting man handled like that. Ellis should be fired after the consistent regression of the defense. There I said it.

I am very disappointed in the team today. Piss poor effort in all 3 phases. The players I saw working hard were Jonathan Jones, CAP, CJ Uzomah, and Nick Marshall. The rest can and should feel guilty after getting man handled like that. Ellis should be fired after the consistent regression of the defense. There I said it.

Ha, pretty dang good post there. :)

Sure hope tackling is HIGH on the list of spring drills. Thought we had fixed that last year. We looked like a pee wee football team trying to tackle guys. I have not been so embarrassed since the 2012 season....esp. on that Chubb catch. Looked like a blooper video on that play. Just made us look silly on defense. I hate to call for anybody's job but I just don't think the 4-2-5 fits us or we're simply just not running it right...IDK. No choice but to make changes b/c it's now affected our offense to a certain point.

alabama never really plays any out of conf team thats good and gets tenn every year. Soft schedule outside Auburn,LSU every year.They also get consensuses five stars to reload.

Yep. Agreed

alabama never really plays any out of conf team thats good and gets tenn every year. Soft schedule outside Auburn,LSU every year.They also get consensuses five stars to reload.

So true. They manipulate everything they can to favor winning out. I'm interested in seeing how they handle the playoff teams if they make it there.

So true. They manipulate everything they can to favor winning out. I'm interested in seeing how they handle the playoff teams if they make it there.

if you mean the obstacle that is Auburn, yeah bama is gonna make it after they hang 50 on our awful defense.

We've recruited pretty well, but we haven't recruited at their level.

And ask Bama's 2013 team whether a FG kicker matters or not. The bottom line is, our special teams weren't just pretty good last year, they were an absolute weapon. How many times did Clark pin teams inside their 5 last year? Parkey almost never gave up kickoff returns and when he did we covered good. Special teams have hurt us badly, or did you miss the muffed punt and roughing the kicker penalties that wasted good efforts by the defense to force a punt? Or the blocked FG for a TD in the A&M game?

Amen!

I myself don't believe that losing them guys should have changed; balls being over threw, passes being dropped, guys not being able to tackle, penalty after penalty and bad play calling. Did they take the magic jar that had everybody's discipline and mojo. It is really frustrating watching this team with SO much talent not coming together. I believe we have the talent now on this team we should be dominating everybody we play..and War Eagle

2014: Alabama played West Virginia, West Carolina, Southern Miss, and Fla Atlantic OOC

2014: Auburn played Kansas State, San Jose State, Samford, and La Tech OOC

> K State is 7-2 and 3rd in the Big 12; West Virginia 6-4 and 6th in Big XII is - they play each other next week.

2013: Alabama played Virginia Tech, Colorado State, Georgia State, and Chattanooga OOC

2013: Auburn played Washington State, Arkansas State, Western Carolina, Flordia Atlantic OOC

2012: Alabama played Michigan, Western Kentucky, Flordia Atlantic, and Western Carolina OOC

2012: Auburn played Clemson, New Mexico State, Alabama A&M, and La-Manroe OOC

2011: Alabama played Kent State, Penn State, North Texas, and Georgia Southern

2011: Auburn Played Utah State, FAU, Samford, and Clemson OOC

I mean come on guys. Let's not act like there's a huge discrepancy between Alabama's OOC and our OOC scheduling here. Bama has been picking marquee games against big name teams (Penn St., Michigan, West Virginia) for a couple years now. We've been up against Clemson, Wash State, and K State. The rest are powder puffs or middling at best. Let's not deflect attention to Bama, it makes us look petty.

Archived