The religion of peace at it again

TheBlueVue

Just remember folks, these barbaric psychopaths are neither Muslims nor even Islamic

http://mobile.reuter...141216?irpc=932

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - At least 130 people, most of them children, were killed on Tuesday after Taliban gunmen broke into a school in the Pakistani city of Peshawar and opened fire, witnesses said, in the bloodiest massacre the country has seen for years.

I'm no defender of Islam, but you do realize that Christianity has been responsible for countless wars and millions of deaths, right? History has shown us that anytime religious extremists operationalize their fanaticism, people die. That stark reality transcends religious borders.

Specious argument. You do realize that Muslims invaded Europe long before the 1st Crusade, right? If you dont mind, how about giving me an example within the last 500 years when Christians intentionally targeted women and children of their enemy. Wars, invariably, create collateral damage and women and children have obviously died but they weren't the primary target. Sounds to me like you are determined to defend barbarism.

Native Americans. We are a Christian country, they were considered godless barbaric heathens and in our way to expand west. Our own government discussed a final solution with them. Their women and children were targeted, boot heels and rifles used to save ammo. Their food supply was also purposely almost wiped to extinction in order to starve them. We also supplied them articles of clothing, blankets etc with smallpox on them.

Oh I should have known, it would get back to the native Americans. Never mind they were slaughtering each other LONG before we ever got here. In the liberal's world, we'll never have that debt repaid. Horrible atrocities were committed indeed but if you're a student of history, you'll know, conquest was THE most common method of accumulating wealth. The emergence of America and the principle of wealth creation with it added a new norm to the civilized world.

It is a factual answer to your question.

If you dont mind, how about giving me an example within the last 500 years when Christians intentionally targeted women and children of their enemy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We selected the army's school for the attack because the government is targeting our families and females,"

Of course, to believe that you must trust psychopathic murderers..be my guest - I do not!

Well if you are saying that all people of Islam are psychopathic murderers, which has been said on the board many times (not sure if by you).... then how can side with one and say the other is lying? Isn't like 98% of the country Muslim.

Mean, then both the government and the rebels are all lying in that scenario and the article is just a slanted political piece.

I am saying the people involved in that episode are psychopathic murderers and feel fairly certain its not even debatable. Militant Muslims kill other Muslims daily because they aren't extreme enough or of the wrong sect. That doesn't lessen their religious insanity at all nor does it excuse it.

Ok, then you are not in the every Muslim is a militant Muslim that wants to kill everyone camp. Thus your thoughts. Fair enough. But that makes your comment "relegion of peace" in a sarcastic manner confusing then as it does not portray you as seeing different sects of Muslims differently.

Just remember folks, these barbaric psychopaths are neither Muslims nor even Islamic

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - At least 130 people, most of them children, were killed on Tuesday after Taliban gunmen broke into a school in the Pakistani city of Peshawar and opened fire, witnesses said, in the bloodiest massacre the country has seen for years.

I'm no defender of Islam, but you do realize that Christianity has been responsible for countless wars and millions of deaths, right? History has shown us that anytime religious extremists operationalize their fanaticism, people die. That stark reality transcends religious borders.

Specious argument. You do realize that Muslims invaded Europe long before the 1st Crusade, right? If you dont mind, how about giving me an example within the last 500 years when Christians intentionally targeted women and children of their enemy. Wars, invariably, create collateral damage and women and children have obviously died but they weren't the primary target. Sounds to me like you are determined to defend barbarism.

Native Americans. We are a Christian country, they were considered godless barbaric heathens and in our way to expand west. Our own government discussed a final solution with them. Their women and children were targeted, boot heels and rifles used to save ammo. Their food supply was also purposely almost wiped to extinction in order to starve them. We also supplied them articles of clothing, blankets etc with smallpox on them.

Oh I should have known, it would get back to the native Americans. Never mind they were slaughtering each other LONG before we ever got here. In the liberal's world, we'll never have that debt repaid. Horrible atrocities were committed indeed but if you're a student of history, you'll know, conquest was THE most common method of accumulating wealth. The emergence of America and the principle of wealth creation with it added a new norm to the civilized world.

If you dont mind, how about giving me an example within the last 500 years when Christians intentionally targeted women and children of their enemy.

It is, no argument but in a historical context, conquest was the norm as it specifically relates to wealth accumulation. That does not excuse it but with the emergence of the country that ensued so did the idea of wealth creation that had never existed at any time in history before and added a new norm to living in a civilized world. That is the onset American exceptionalism, a concept the left struggles with mightily

"We selected the army's school for the attack because the government is targeting our families and females,"

Of course, to believe that you must trust psychopathic murderers..be my guest - I do not!

Well if you are saying that all people of Islam are psychopathic murderers, which has been said on the board many times (not sure if by you).... then how can side with one and say the other is lying? Isn't like 98% of the country Muslim.

Mean, then both the government and the rebels are all lying in that scenario and the article is just a slanted political piece.

I am saying the people involved in that episode are psychopathic murderers and feel fairly certain its not even debatable. Militant Muslims kill other Muslims daily because they aren't extreme enough or of the wrong sect. That doesn't lessen their religious insanity at all nor does it excuse it.

Ok, then you are not in the every Muslim is a militant Muslim that wants to kill everyone camp. Thus your thoughts. Fair enough. But that makes your comment "relegion of peace" in a sarcastic manner confusing then as it does not portray you as seeing different sects of Muslims differently.

It was intended to be sarcastic because that is what your President loves to call them. All Muslims aren't terrorists but, especially of late, all terrorists are Muslims. The big difference is Christianity doesn't teach the extermination or subjugation of infidels. The Quran calls for Muslims to enslave all Christians and to murder all Jews in the name of Islam. What was done to native americans was not done in the name of Christianity or because the Bible instructed such barbarism.

Anyone with a very basic understanding of the Northwest region of Pakistan knows this wasn't religiously motivated.

Anyone who understands anything about Theocracy knows that the motive of the Taliban is to set up a strict Islamic State. Explain to me how that is not "religiously motivated"

Anyone with a very basic understanding of the Northwest region of Pakistan knows this wasn't religiously motivated.

I'd agree with my Navy counterpart here. This has been going on for a long time.

Anyone who understands anything about Theocracy knows that the motive of the Taliban is to set up a strict Islamic State. Explain to me how that is not "religiously motivated"

It has some religious elements....but it's more based on power and control.

Everything that involves Moslem forces is done for a religious reason. Everything. The reason we have such a time understanding their actions is because we keep trying to ascribe to them western reasons for fighting such as land, power or political purposes. They are not fighting for those things. They are fighting and killing us because their religion tells them to do so. As soon as we in the west accept this and react accordingly we'll begin to solve the problem. In the meantime they laugh at us, and rightfully so, for thinking they can be appeased with just a few more dollars or a few more acres of land. "Convert or die" will appease them, nothing less.

Right.And neither was Beslan, huh?

<_<

I'm amazed any one would believe the US govt fought with the American Indians because of religion.

No that is not what I said.

I answered the question.

As a Christian nation we targeted women and children of our enemy, that was a tactic of men like Custer and Sherman and Grant. Regardless of the fact that it was for expansion. It is also a fact that many in the United States attempted to convert them to Christianity also, and the fact that they were not Christians was used as justification in the tactics that were used against them.

I can explain to you how the Klu Klux Klan is a group of professing "Christians" that use the bible and its words as their motivation.

I guess you could hide behind the "collateral damage" shield but you asked for an example so I will give one.

33 1945-1953 Harry S. Truman Baptist

August 1945

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

It does not matter how I feel about the bombings but it is hard to defend your point on what our "primary target" actually was.

It was intended to be sarcastic because that is what your President loves to call them. All Muslims aren't terrorists but, especially of late, all terrorists are Muslims. The big difference is Christianity doesn't teach the extermination or subjugation of infidels. The Quran calls for Muslims to enslave all Christians and to murder all Jews in the name of Islam. What was done to native americans was not done in the name of Christianity or because the Bible instructed such barbarism.

All ways with the left right your President bit. Do you have the ballot I cast?

Christianity doesn't teach kill they neighbor and take their s*** to accumulate wealth either does it?

Though just for fun, and to be kinda funny. While I personally have never been endangered by a Muslim Terrorist. I was in Centennial Park in Atlanta in 96 when the bomb went off. So I could have been injured or killed by Christian Terrorism (as Eric Rudolph is known to be with that whole Christian Identity movement idiots).

Though just for fun, and to be kinda funny. While I personally have never been endangered by a Muslim Terrorist. I was in Centennial Park in Atlanta in 96 when the bomb went off. So I could have been injured or killed by Ch ristian Terrorism (as Eric Rudolph is known to be with that whole Christian Identity movement idiots).

You just knocked down everything I was building up with my earlier comment. You must be a profit??? :bow:

It is, no argument but in a historical context, conquest was the norm as it specifically relates to wealth accumulation. That does not excuse it but with the emergence of the country that ensued so did the idea of wealth creation that had never existed at any time in history before and added a new norm to living in a civilized world. That is the onset American exceptionalism, a concept the left struggles with mightily

:dunno: Are you suggesting America invented economics?

Really? Not familiar with the conquistadors?

Do you really believe that religion (Christianity) was not used by some to justify genocide of American Indians and other aboriginal "heathens"? And slavery was certainly justified by Christians.

Fortunately, Christianity has since evolved beyond such thinking (at least excepting the crazies). One can only hope that Islam will likewise evolve, particularly by addressing the major problem they have with radicalism.

Finding it silly how the thread has veered from the undeniable fact that Muslim terrorists killed scores of children. and some here are bickering about the most inane and unrelated nonsense.

I think some are overlooking the obvious.

Likely on purpose.

I can explain to you how the Klu Klux Klan is a group of professing "Christians" that use the bible and its words as their motivation.

So in your mind the KKK has been terrorizing people who disagree with them for over a 1000 years now? There are a billion Muslims worldwide, the vast majority of which are illiterate.... A BILLION. If only 5% hijack that religion or pervert it to justify their insanity that means there are potentially 50 million terrorists worldwide. Do you think the KKK is a comparable threat to the civilized world? Quick, tell me the last time the KKK actually killed someone.

Finding it silly how the thread has veered from the undeniable fact that Muslim terrorists killed scores of children. and some here are bickering about the most inane and unrelated nonsense.

Likely on purpose.

Oh, I'd say definitely on purpose. Its the magical thinking ability of the "enlightened" liberal geniuses among us. :-\

Likely on purpose.

I think I see the confusion here. No one has suggested a bunch of crazy radical Muslims haven't (again) committed an outrageous atrocity.

I think the argument has to do with the title of the thread. The argument is about whether or not these atrocities are occurring due to crazy radicals who have hijacked a religion or to the religion itself. So it's not about "overlooking the obvious".

As Blue points out, there are about 5 billion Muslims in the world. That alone suggests the problem lies beyond simple religious doctrine.

As Blue points out, there are about 5 billion Muslims in the world. That alone suggests the problem lies beyond simple religious doctrine.

Suni terrorists. Shi'a terrorists. Both are MUSLIM terrorists.

Now, save for some rare examples in Africa, where you have some folks who may call themselves Christians, and who are terrorist themselves, but primarily reacting to the Muslim terrorism that's plagued their region as well, there's only one religion which can be found across the globe that engages in violent extremism.

Now, save for some rare examples in Africa, where you have some folks who may call themselves Christians, and who are terrorist themselves, but primarily reacting to the Muslim terrorism that's plagued their region as well, there's only one religion which can be found across the globe that engages in violent extremism.

Liberals and their moral relativism. They always have to say everyone does it. They can never just say to anyone or any group of people that they are just evil, unless it's tea party people.

Liberals and their moral relativism. They always have to say everyone does it. They can never just say to anyone or any group of people that they are just evil, unless it's tea party people.

Actually, you guys are the ones implying all Muslims are terrorists when that is obviously not true.

And I fail to see how this has anything to do with moral relativism. This is about making sweeping generalizations.

Archived