Jets owner wants the Sabear

bootskii

http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/woody-can-deliver-ultimate-gift-a-championship-coach-in-saban/

I don't see him leaving for the Jets. The has the cheating i mean.... i mean ... the recruiting down to an exact science. Also, I don't think you can boss around and process NFL players. On the other hand NYC has far more culture and sophistication than that of Turdtown. I am sure that will entice the misses.

Nick ain't going to the jets, but would probably let the misses fly a few to NYC if that kept her happy - I am sure he can afford a few round trip tickets.

That article is the opinion of the writer that Woody Johnson should go after Saban. It says nothing about that actually being Johnson's intentions or desires.

That article is the opinion of the writer that Woody Johnson should go after Saban. It says nothing about that actually being Johnson's intentions or desires.

Woody is a strange cat. It was his idea to bring in Tebow. He doesn't let his football people do their job.

"Let's start with the fact that I'm not really interested in any situation in the NFL." ~ Saban 2014

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo, I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." ~ Saban 2006

around4ever - understand what you are saying but I think the long denial in 2006 was, as Shakespeare said, "He doth protest too much" whereas this time around, he doesn't need to say anymore, cause he ain't going. Why give up the $$MMs he is getting from UA/REC, he rules and gets whatever he wants from the gumps and can control/process these 18-22 year olds; he learned the first time in the NFL he can't do all that with the pros.

And I am fine with him staying as it is enjoyable watching him when we beat them, which I anticipate will be often with Gus.

It's not lying, it's coachspeak. I wonder how Tommy is doing at Ole Miss these days since of course they'd have to drag him out in a pine box for him to leave. :) :)

around4ever - understand what you are saying but I think the long denial in 2006 was, as Shakespeare said, "He doth protest too much" whereas this time around, he doesn't need to say anymore, cause he ain't going. Why give up the $$MMs he is getting from UA/REC, he rules and gets whatever he wants from the gumps and can control/process these 18-22 year olds; he learned the first time in the NFL he can't do all that with the pros.

And I am fine with him staying as it is enjoyable watching him when we beat them, which I anticipate will be often with Gus.

I know he isn't going anywhere. Why should he? And why the New York Jets? Who would want to be in that media dumpster fire? I just think it's funny how he expects anybody to believe him when it comes to his definitive statements about coaching jobs.

Saban is on the same plane of existence as God to a significant portion of this state. He could burn down a school, slap the DA, beat a WW2 veteran and then kick the governor in the jimmy. The headline would read "Coach Saban Donates Millions to Education, Assists the DA in Fighting Crime, Motivates Bed Ridden Vets, and Helps Pass Important Legislation. All Before you Buttered Your Biscuit This Morning".

Who would leave that?

Saban is on the same plane of existence as God to a significant portion of this state. He could burn down a school, slap the DA, beat a WW2 veteran and then kick the governor in the jimmy. The headline would read "Coach Saban Donates Millions to Education, Assists the DA in Fighting Crime, Motivates Bed Ridden Vets, and Helps Pass Important Legislation. All Before you Buttered Your Biscuit This Morning".

Who would leave that?

I like that, and u are speaking truth

I believe it was M. Darius on the Finebaum show yesterday that said the only way to get Saban to the NFL was to make him both the coach and GM and no team would be willing to do that.

I believe it was M. Darius on the Finebaum show yesterday that said the only way to get Saban to the NFL was to make him both the coach and GM and no team would be willing to do that.

You never know. Somebody might be willing to do that if they get desperate enough.

I believe NS says he says he is staying put. He ain't a spring chicken anymore why put up with the NFL? He makes a ton where he's at and he is worshipped by the fans, the local and national media.

If the Jets throw $10 million per year for a $50 million 5-year deal for Saban, he would leave Turdville for Broadway in a New York

minute or maybe a NY second. This would be fun to see folks!

The munchkin is a verified liar...

Archived