2015 4* ATH Tim Irvin commits to AU!

Dixie1860

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen the snapchat of "supposedly" Tim Irvin with a whole heck of a lot of money in his hand? At least that's the rumor going around.

Has anyone seen the snapchat of "supposedly" Tim Irvin with a whole heck of a lot of money in his hand? At least that's the rumor going around.

yeah a buddy of mine who is fan of Tennessee just sent it to me. It's probably a gift from Uncle Mike. I would think and hope if we do give out cash it would be pretty new and fresh 50's and 100's rather than a mix of old 20's. just sayin.

This kids just get stupider and stupider! If he posts that picture just after he flips to another school, what does he expect everyone to think? Heck, if I was the NCAA then I would investigate him in a heart beat... Just like I would have investigated the Alabama players that did the same thing.

Yeah but the NCAA never investigates these pic so the kids figure they can do whatever they want.

yeah a buddy of mine who is fan of Tennessee just sent it to me. It's probably a gift from Uncle Mike. I would think and hope if we do give out cash it would be pretty new and fresh 50's and 100's rather than a mix of old 20's. just sayin.

That's what I was thinking... Plus he just graduated high school. Cashed his checks in before he head to AU. Doubt AU would be that stupid. But it is VERY stupid for him to do.

This kids just get stupider and stupider! If he posts that picture just after he flips to another school, what does he expect everyone to think? Heck, if I was the NCAA then I would investigate him in a heart beat... Just like I would have investigated the Alabama players that did the same thing.

The Alabama players were much worse... 3 of them all tagged in the same picture flashing their money. Yet, the NCAA isn't doing anything about it? Just strange if 3 players committed to the same school have a picture like that. Coincidence? I think not.

The travel reimbursement may have some merit.

I don't know any details but I believe the going rate for mileage reimbursement (set by either the state or feds) is $0.565 per mile.

Don't know where in Florida this kid lives but I picked Tampa, just cuz ... Google says its 436 miles. Considering round trip that would be nearly $500 cash reimbursement for car expense only. There may be other reimbursables for the trip?

Regardless, it's a dumb time to post a pic like that regardless of where the cash came from or why.

He lives in south Florida...closer to Miami

Good lord folks. Relax.

Btw, are we even certain he just posted it, or is it just now making the rounds because of butthurt Texas fans?

I think it's circulating through Texas fans.

This isn't a big deal, or any deal at all. Just a kid having fun, if it's even him. If it were hush money he wouldn't put it on the internet and the NCAA, at least, has enough sense to know that.

Maybe this is just the young man having fun as you say but it's not funny. The rep that AU pays players (like Cam) is out there and I'm sick of trying to defend us. I know for a fact that ole miss paid some recruits the yr they got the great recruiting class when Freeze got there. They were careful yr two so as not to call attention to the program. This according to someone in the program. Defenders say all programs do this. I have no idea. It's one thing to help some low income kids because the ncaa rules can be over the top, but it's another thing to actually pay them for coming to the school. This is unwelcomed negative attention as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe this is just the young man having fun as you say but it's not funny. The rep that AU pays players (like Cam) is out there and I'm sick of trying to defend us. I know for a fact that ole miss paid some recruits the yr they got the great recruiting class when Freeze got there. They were careful yr two so as not to call attention to the program. This according to someone in the program. Defenders say all programs do this. I have no idea. It's one thing to help some low income kids because the ncaa rules can be over the top, but it's another thing to actually pay them for coming to the school. This is unwelcomed negative attention as far as I'm concerned.

Ahem...

Edit: Nevermind, ellitor changed his story up on me, lol. Either way, it is not something to be worked up over.

Relax people. He tweeted it was a graduation present from his uncle. I could definitely see Uncle Michael Irvin doing that.

I love how everyone screams the timing... LOL

The kid will early enroll in a matter of days......Timing???

He is leaving home and preparing for a move to live in a brand new place..... wont' be needing any cash for that!!!

He really does have a rich uncle..... Ironic!!!!!

He lives in a culture of showing and flashing money as a sign of status..... Stupid but I believe I was once a stupid teenager who fell prey to the counterculture in which I grew up in or maybe I haven't. Judge On!!!

Cam Newton investigation rearing its ugly head although that thing is headless due to the NCAA camp out and finding absolutely nothing while in the rogue period at that!!..... Ichabod Crane!!!!

But hey just a day as an AU Fan WDE!!!!

He is leaving home and preparing for a move to live in a brand new place..... wont' be needing any cash for that!!!

He lives in a culture of showing and flashing money as a sign of status..... Stupid but I believe I was once a stupid teenager who fell prey to the counterculture in which I grew up in or maybe I haven't. Judge On!!!

Cam Newton investigation rearing its ugly head although that thing is headless due to the NCAA camp out and finding absolutely nothing while in the rogue period at that!!..... Ichabod Crane!!!!

I just became a big fan of your work. :thumbsup:

I just became a big fan of your work. :thumbsup:

Why thank you!!! :thumbsup:

Relax people. He tweeted it was a graduation present from his uncle. I could definitely see Uncle Michael Irvin doing that.

Wish my Uncle did that for me. I guess I wish my Uncle played Pro sports too

Archived