President's Proposal for Free Community College at SOTU

autigeremt

alex.....I understand and I would too. But that don't make it something I vote for given the chance. Would you vote for a bill to forgive all outstanding student loans?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alex.....I understand and I would too. But that don't make it something I vote for given the chance. Would you vote for a bill to forgive all outstanding student loans?

i don't know what the impact of that would be.

It would mean my kids wouldn't have to pay back loans they took and the taxpayers would lose all that money plus interest.

The student loan liability, as we speak, totals over $800 billion. If the govt is going to forgive them, that tacks another $TRILLION dollars on our exploding deficit. This cannot go on forever folks.

It would mean my kids wouldn't have to pay back loans they took and the taxpayers would lose all that money plus interest.

i meant can you quantify it. For students like your kids it would be great.but a lot of kids didn't get help or work and got living expenses and all on loans and are in 6 figures. That would likely be unreasonable. We are looking at covering two years of tuition for kids still at home. Maybe 2-3$k a semester. I'm not saying if it's good or not . In about 8 years i could benefit from it.

I'd love to see more focus on technical trades but nothing is free. Where will the money come from???? You guessed it. I'd rather see them shift funds around.

So, many already get welfare checks, food stamps, free cell phones, etc., and now I have to help send them to college for free?

Depends on whether or not you feel it's better to give a poor man a fish rather than teach him to fish. :-\

So, many already get welfare checks, food stamps, free cell phones, etc., and now I have to help send them to college for free?

Depends on whether or not you feel it's better to give a poor man a fish rather than teach him to fish. :-\

The problem arises when govt tries to do both and be the panacea solution for all people.

Yeah...but you would like to take the fish from the other guy, hand it to the poor guy, and while at it give him the other guy as a slave to go out and fish for him. :)

The problem arises when govt tries to do both and be the panacea solution for all people.

Well, it's possible to starve while you are learning to fish.

Yeah...but you would like to take the fish from the other guy, hand it to the poor guy, and while at it give him the other guy as a slave to go out and fish for him. :)

Is that what I would like? :-\

So, in your worldview, it is the job of the govt to address every single unfavorable possibility, monetarily?

So, in your worldview, it is the job of the govt to address every single unfavorable possibility, monetarily?

No.

Archived