Proof That College Football Refs Are Riddled With Bias

japantiger

"The SEC, which won seven of the eight NCAA championships during the period under review, was found to have officials essentially devoid of bias."

Stopped reading right there

No, No, No....that goes against all our firmly held beliefs that the world is out to get us and SEC officials are the primary method used to cause the most heartache for AU fans.

I'm back to my view that generally it is the inability of refs to keep up with the speed of the modern game

+1

Conference commissioners better be addressing this issue pronto 'cause the college game is running at the speed of areana football now and they need officials that can keep up.

I'm back to my view that generally it is the inability of refs to keep up with the speed of the modern game

+1

Conference commissioners better be addressing this issue pronto 'cause the college game is running at the speed of areana football now and they need officials that can keep up.

SEC tried another ref (8) for some games but have not seen a report on how it did. Maybe its placement of officials on the field....lately I've seen that the favorite play of FSU and a few others is to use the back judge (?) whoever is about 6-8 yards behind the LOS in the middle of the field...anyway, the WR uses him as a pick to shake off their defender...and it's been working great.

I have done referring of different sports at the youth level where I didn't know anybody on either team and have been accused of taking sides. I have also had both coaches tell me they thought I did a good job. You can only call what you see and even what you see can be wrong because of your location and this is kids under 12 so as you get to the higher levels where the speed increases and just trying to be in a position where you can see would be so much harder I can't imagine. It is why manner years ago I hung up the ref hat and went o coaching until my last kid was in Junior HS where he could get a lot better coaching then I could give him.

It is easy to criticize the ref (I know I do it all the time) and you can always find blown calls that hurt your team, by the way so can the other team. During games I sometimes get carried away and start complaining about the ref's but after I have calmed down and can review the games with a clearer head I can find blown calls both ways but normally I don't find bias.

For those who think Auburn gets picked on by SEC Ref's I saw one game this year ( I won't say name as I believe we all saw it) where Shon Coleman was having a bad day and could have had numerous holding calls that were not called. If I had been on the other team I would probably have been swearing that the Ref's were biased towards Auburn.

I will concede that at times we get a bad crew but that crew is usually just that bad and they screw up both teams equally.

+1

SEC tried another ref (8) for some games but have not seen a report on how it did. Maybe its placement of officials on the field....lately I've seen that the favorite play of FSU and a few others is to use the back judge (?) whoever is about 6-8 yards behind the LOS in the middle of the field...anyway, the WR uses him as a pick to shake off their defender...and it's been working great.

Behind the Line of scrimmage ( that would be the referree). I think you mean BEYOND the line of scrimmage (behind the defensive line) that's the umpire not the backjudge. For the record, every bowl game has had 8 man crews. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to all 8 man crews in the comming years (maybe as soon as next season).

Archived