2016 3* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama commit)

TIGGR82

Did he actually get a firm offer from Bama?

JMO but I think he has had one since that multi day visit to the thyde.

I don't. But the perception has made uat offer I bet. If that makes any sense?

WDE, that's what I thought. Last time I heard, the Bammer offer was a conditional one. The hype has probably made him a take. That being the case, no doubt he is Bama bound.

If true then that is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard in recruiting. To take a kid because of hype or perception is idiotic. I don't think any D1 staff can be that dumb.

What I meant was a take now instead of waiting to see who else committed. That is a common recruiting practice.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.al.com/sp...#incart_river set to pick his school at 9.

He's already done that once and then crawfished on his word. I'm hoping AU has withdrawn our offer.

agree....hate to see AU getting jerked around by guys who seem to be using us as a bargaining chip.

http://www.al.com/sp...#incart_river set to pick his school at 9.

He's already done that once and then crawfished on his word. I'm hoping AU has withdrawn our offer.

agree....hate to see AU getting jerked around by guys who seem to be using us as a bargaining chip.

I approve these statements!

Turds it is..

"They have always been a top choice of mine. I like their tradition and winning ways. They're always in the running to compete for a championship. Their athletic department is second to none and they have a great academic program as far as my major (education) goes. I've developed a great relationship with the coaches -- Coach (Mario) Crisobal, Coach (Bo) Davis and Nick Saban."

He was committed to Auburn for more than four months before reopening his recruitment June 5.

"When I committed to Auburn I kind of shut down from everyone to clear my mind and make sure I was doing the right thing".

Good it is over with him. Move him to Rivals and we won't need to talk about him anymore. For the Kids sake I hope Bama doesn't pull another Philon. I know the kid played us a little but I think he was played by the Master Player the short man.

Bleacher report just had to put in that AU was his childhood favorite, I say BS! Oh, and he said he loves Saban. Lol C ya!!!

There's nothing wrong with BR putting that in there. Whether it's real or not Q said he grew up an AU fan many times.

I won't feel sorry for him at all. They know what they are doing. Glad it's over

Most of them actually don't. They either are not exposed to the Philon type stories or it's just way overshadowed by their draft numbers the past 6 or so years. Why I won't feel sorry for him is for playing us to get the offer either he or his dad wanted.

Good it is over with him. Move him to Rivals and we won't need to talk about him anymore. For the Kids sake I hope Bama doesn't pull another Philon. I know the kid played us a little but I think he was played by the Master Player the short man.

No, folks 'round here would rather believe that a high school kid set out to cause problems for a bunch of grown men who have been paid handsomely for many years to deal with kids exactly like himself, and who are currently being paid to do so by the school he grew up pulling for. That makes WAY more sense than a few self-interested adults steering him in the direction that suits them best.

TL;DR: 1 high school kid > several college coaches with decades of experience among them

Or, to put it another way: if our staff (which includes at least a couple millionaires) really did get played by a high school kid, then maybe y'all need to be pissed at them instead of the kid.

Bleacher report just had to put in that AU was his childhood favorite, I say BS! Oh, and he said he loves Saban. Lol C ya!!!

There's nothing wrong with BR putting that in there. Whether it's real or not Q said he grew up an AU fan many times.

I don't believe that one bit.

Or, to put it another way: if our staff (which includes at least a couple millionaires) really did get played by a high school kid, then maybe y'all need to be pissed at them instead of the kid.

For one, who is pissed at the kid? This day has been coming since he decommitted. Why in the heck would I be mad at the group that got played and not the "player."

I don't either but it is fair to put in the story since the writer can't disprove that.

For one, who is pissed at the kid? This day has been coming since he decommitted. Why in the heck would I be mad at the group that got played and not the "player."

Well your third line seems to very directly answer your first. And if you didn't get my point from what I already typed, then you're not going to, as I might not be articulate enough to make it any less confusing.

Well your third line seems to very directly answer your first. And if you didn't get my point from what I already typed, then you're not going to, as I might not be articulate enough to make it any less confusing.

I'm not pissed at the kid. The coaching staff has the right to be pissed; they were the ones directly played. I don't think anybody has a right to be pissed at the coaches though. All they did was accept his commitment, not realizing it was premature.

I'm not pissed at the kid. The coaching staff has the right to be pissed; they were the ones directly played. I don't think anybody has a right to be pissed at the coaches though. All they did was accept his commitment, not realizing it was premature.

So you really think a high school kid is sophisticated enough to hatch a plan all on his own to leverage the school he roots for against their rival in hopes of a scholarship offer? And you honestly think that a group of grown men who get paid money that most of us can only dream about to... wait for it... play the game deserve no blame for getting rooked by this one kid?

You're definitely not alone if you do, but I'll never be able to process that line of thinking.

So you really think a high school kid is sophisticated enough to hatch a plan all on his own to leverage the school he roots for against their rival in hopes of a scholarship offer? And you honestly think that a group of grown men who get paid money that most of us can only dream about to... wait for it... play the game deserve no blame for getting rooked by this one kid?

You're definitely not alone if you do, but I'll never be able to process that line of thinking.

You got all of that out my last post lol!!!

What was so sophisticated about the idea of committing to Auburn as a backup plan. Think Darrell Williams. Also, since you think we should be pissed at the coaches, what do you think they should have done differently ? Last I heard, Q wasn't even trying to communicate with our coaches. Do you think we should refuse commitments from players that list Alabama in their top 50...lol

I hope you get my point...

I don't either but it is fair to put in the story since the writer can't disprove that.

That was my whole point. I refuse to believe if your childhood favorite offers you a scholly, then you play judas and go to the rival. Never believed it once he said it, especially with dad being a bammer.

You got all of that out my last post lol!!!

What was so sophisticated about the idea of committing to Auburn as a backup plan. Think Darrell Williams. Also, since you think we should be pissed at the coaches, what do you think they should have done differently ? Last I heard, Q wasn't even trying to communicate with our coaches. Do you think we should refuse commitments from players that list Alabama in their top 50...lol

I hope you get my point...

I have no problem agreeing that the kid committed to Auburn as a backup plan. I disagree with the notion that he is to be disparaged for "playing" our coaches or "stringing them along". That suggests to me that the coaches weren't aware of the likelihood of him jumping ship if he got offered by bama. If they weren't, and if his was a highly valued commitment, then yes, they deserve blame for not knowing better. Hell, everybody around here seemed to.

Perhaps I just maintain a different definition of the word "played". Either way, you've made it clear that you don't think the kid is a piece of crap for how he handled it. Good on ya. Not so sure about some of the other folks around here. Any time a guy gives Auburn the time of day and then goes elsewhere, a lot of sensitive types around here get to whining and calling the kid names. It's embarrassing.

If being called judas hurts then so be it. He knew what he was doing, and so did someone on the staff did as well. Good for them sniffing that turd smell, which is not hard to do. It smells very loud and clear

That was my whole point. I refuse to believe if your childhood favorite offers you a scholly, then you play judas and go to the rival. Never believed it once he said it, especially with dad being a bammer.

And that's a difference between your generation and theirs. Childhood favorites don't mean much come recruiting time. Fewer and fewer decisions each year have childhood favorite as a factor. If anything, childhood favorite should only be looked at as giving a school an early advantage in a recruiting battle and that's it.

Archived