Bergdahl To Be Charged With Desertion?

Proud Tiger

Good point EMT. The fact that he WAS traded makes ALL the difference...........

Well apparently it makes a difference in the willingness to assume he is guilty without a trial or investigation. :-\/>

Darren Wilson says hi....

Are you suggesting I proclaimed Darren Wilson guilty?

yes. You wanted him tried. Trials are for the guilty.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well apparently it makes a difference in the willingness to assume he is guilty without a trial or investigation. :-\/>

Horse hockey.

Trials are for determining guilt. This is basic civics.

Horse hockey.

There was never enough to even get to a trial...and you completely missed that point.

Horse hockey.

There was never enough to even get to a trial...and you completely missed that point.

Didn't even comment on that. Trials are not "for the guilty." That's a silly assertion.

Horse hockey.

Didn't even comment on that. Trials are not "for the guilty." That's a silly assertion.

LOL. You and your "Pal" homey are failing more miserably than usual tonight...

Well then you are mistaken. I argued that the Grand Jury process was highly irregular, which it was.

And since when are "trials for the guilty"? You can't be serious.

Horse hockey.

So I guess the warning by admin to attack the argument and not the person doesnt apply to mods?

Horse hockey.

Horse hockey.

So I guess the warning by admin to attack the argument and not the person doesnt apply to mods?

He's a mod like Barney Fife was a LEO.

Well then you are mistaken. I argued that the Grand Jury process was highly irregular, which it was.

you stated you thought it should go to trial. I could dig that up if you refuse to admit it. In our justice system a person is charged with a crime if there is evidence he committed it. A trial gives him the chance to dispute the evidence. The PA does not use a trial to decide if the person committed the crime. The investigation/ evidence tells him that. The prosecutor must know he has a guilty man or he has the obligation to drop the charges. The trial is his way of making the evidence stick.

Horse hockey.

He's a mod like Barney Fife was a LEO.

Translation: Homey is wrong. Hissy fit may now begin.

you stated you thought it should go to trial. I could dig that up if you refuse to admit it. In our justice system a person is charged with a crime if there is evidence he committed it. A trial gives him the chance to dispute the evidence. The PA does not use a trial to decide if the person committed the crime. The investigation/ evidence tells him that. The prosecutor must know he has a guilty man or he has the obligation to drop the charges. The trial is his way of making the evidence stick.

Yes. I think it should have gone to trial and possibly would have had the GJ process not been corrupted. (I also think he probably would have been exonerated, but a trial would have been the proper place to do it.)

But the charge you leveled is that I assumed he was guilty which I did not. You made a false accusation of me.

I think you should acknowledge that.

Yes. I think it should have gone to trial and possibly would have had the GJ process not been corrupted. (I also think he probably would have been exonerated, but a trial would have been the proper place to do it.)

But the charge you leveled is that I assumed he was guilty which I did not. You made a false accusation of me.

i can accept that. We disagree on the purpose of a trial.

i can accept that. We disagree on the purpose of a trial.

I will assume that is an acknowledgment of your error and not simply acceptance of my request.

And don't look now, but you pretty much disagree with anyone who understands our jurisprudence system, past and present (and hopefully future.)

But you can look on the bright side, you'll never have to serve on a jury. :-\

The term army investigation is being thrown around without any real definition. I think they have completed the military investigation, but the senior commander has not referred it to a Article 32 Investigation where evidence is presented with the defendant present and a decision to conduct a court martial is made.

Military investigation with army CID = civilian police investigation with detectives.

Military Article 32 Investgation = civilian grand jury

Military General Court-martial = civilian criminal trial

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/08/15/armys-bowe-bergdahl-investigation-is-now-in-its-final-stage/

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/22/372479980/army-refers-bergdahl-investigation-to-courts-martial-panel

The term army investigation is being thrown around without any real definition. I think they have completed the military investigation, but the senior commander has not referred it to a Article 32 Investigation where evidence is presented with the defendant present and a decision to conduct a court martial is made.

Military investigation with army CID = civilian police investigation with detectives.

http://www.washingto...ts-final-stage/

http://www.npr.org/b...s-martial-panel

You are very close but CID wouldnt investigate this as it's not a criminal matter. It's a UCMJ violation that falls under JAG's investigative arm.

You are very close but CID wouldnt investigate this as it's not a criminal matter. It's a UCMJ violation that falls under JAG's investigative arm.

With CID, meaning they assist the investigating officer if requested.

With CID, meaning they assist the investigating officer if requested.

Ahh, indeed. Thanks.

This is just TOO funny on so many levels. Priceless!!!

The GJ gave exactly the same verdict that the DOJ did. Was the DOJ just as highly irregular?

The GJ gave exactly the same verdict that the DOJ did. Was the DOJ just as highly irregular?

Ya'll quit picking on homey. He's having a rough go here tonight. beat%20up.gif

Thanks. That was interesting and informative.

I find it particularly interesting the defendant is present for what approximates our Grand Jury.

Not that I know of. Are you aware of any irregularities of the DOJ investigation?

this is military only. There would be no input from civvies here.

Archived