Who is the best AU Corner in the past 10 years?

quietfan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was something absurd like 14% of passes thrown to Carlos Rogers were completed during his senior season.

I think it was something absurd like 14% of passes thrown to Carlos Rogers were completed during his senior season.

And if I remember correctly the only TD he was accountable for came in the Sugar Bowl against VT

Demond Washington

i think you are right. We actually used him at safety but he was a corner by trade.

Wow! Impressive memory. Didn't he get moved over to the same side as McFadden in the middle of the year?

Demond Washington

i think you are right. We actually used him at safety but he was a corner by trade.

Wow! Impressive memory. Didn't he get moved over to the same side as McFadden in the middle of the year?

may be. We were very thin at safety. I remember chizik saying he was a good corner but he was moving to get the best 4 dbs on the field. Good kick returner too. Not sure why no nfl.

Yup. Irons. Better College CB.

No one beat Irons deep.

Tho our boys played out of their minds, it was Powers who gave up the winning TD pass in Death Valley.

Irons held so much it wasn't even funny; that is why "no one beat him deep". Why do you think he had zero NFL career? Can't get away with that in the NFL.

Jerraud Powers was the superior player.

The OP was "Who's been the closest to a true, ironclad, "lock down" corner we've had since #1st rounder Carlos Rogers in 2004?"

Translation: AUBURN CB, not NFL

Final two seasons for each:

Irons: 2 INTs + 23 PBU = 25 total passes defended

Powers: 6 INTs + 12 PBU = 18 total passes defended

Stats show Irons as the superior Corner.

Or maybe what the stats show is that opposing offensive coordinators didn't try to pick on Powers as much. All in how you look at it.

I'd definitely say Jerraud Powers is the best CB we've had in the last ten years (2005-now). Another player that I haven't seen mentioned that I remember being pretty good but unfortunately injuries cut his career short and that's Aairon Savage.

I'd definitely say Jerraud Powers is the best CB we've had in the last ten years (2005-now). Another player that I haven't seen mentioned that I remember being pretty good but unfortunately injuries cut his career short and that's Aairon Savage.

Aairon played for six years.( he got two redshirts) finished up at safety. tough as nails. it might have been his last injury that got Demond Washington moved from corner to safety.

Archived