Tim Horton.

WarDamnEagleWDE

Our whole staff is LOOOAAADED with recruiters. Would like to see the staff stay together a few years because they will do some great things. Imo JB and Scott out the weaker recruiters. I'd like to see a focus on helping bring in great olinemen this next class.

JB seems to identify talent well also. Not too many busts with him, and if he tells you a guy can play he can play

I know that Jeff had that major pull of linemen a few years ago and those guys have been playing. I just don't want to get small and weaker up front I know that's were championships are won every year. That is one thing that was overlooked when we won the NT. Those guys up front were very good. Last year FSU had slightly better trenches.

We just brought in a big class of very good O linemen. I don't think we will take a lot next year. I think next year will concentrate on the D line.

I agree 100% WDE. Horton doesn't get the praise from fans and media as some of the others but CGM knows Tim is as good as it gets in the world of recruiting. That's good enough for me. As for JB he wasn't able to land a 5* but Ivey and Hyatt were lifelong fans of other schools. Too much ground to make up and not enough time. IMO we probably consume too much time, energy, and money sometimes when the odds are too great. All in all I really think these coaches are better recruiters than the previous staff and far better coaches.

We are set with OL for a while. I agree that we need to hit the DL hard and heavy for next year. I would like to see this breakdown per position for 2016 class. The numbers might be a bit high being that I do not know how many SH we will have for 2016

1. 3 OL

2. 1-2 QB

3. 4 WR

4. 2 RB

5. 2 TE

1. 4 DL

2. 2 DE

3. 4 LB

4. 4 DB

I was extremely excited when Tim Horton was added to this staff. There was speculation that he might even be promoted to replace Petrino at Arkansas. He was that well thought of in the Arkansas community. Thankfully that didn't happen and we were able to get him. He's an excellent coach and recruiter. We're lucky to have him on this staff!

Just to be Chiziks staff,actually coach and devolp them.Same glaring issue that was with Chizik defense. Atleast it is the D Coords. Roof and VanGorders defenses still get torched for points.

The problem with Chiz was he sat on the offensive staff coaching meetings and wanted to put his stamp on the offensive game planning ie he had to ok everything. Then Chiz had Wayne Bolt sit in on the defensive staff meetings and Bolt did the same ie put his ok on the game plan. Cluster you know what that was.

Archived