Coach Chizik

Proud Tiger

I can't confirm or provide a link but I heard that Chizik has turned down an interview with N.C. State for thier DC vacancy. That's good news.

I can't confirm or provide a link but I heard that Chizik has turned down an interview with N.C. State for thier DC vacancy. That's good news.

133175[/snapback]

Wonder why Chizik would consider the DC position at NCSt? Seems like a lateral move at best.

133175[/snapback]

Wonder why Chizik would consider the DC position at NCSt? Seems like a lateral move at best.

133178[/snapback]

[/quote

I don't think he gave it much consideration.

Those bonuses and raises for the assistant's are coming at the right time, don't you think.  :big:   :cheer:   :cheer:   :au:   :au:   :cheer:   :cheer:

133186[/snapback]

bingo...

It's entirely possible that Chizik did a better job than Borges this year, considering the talent we lost last year. Five of the front 7; 4 to the NFL.

Don't know how long we can hold on to him, but I don't think he'll leave until a head-coaching job comes his way.

133175[/snapback]

133178[/snapback]

Yeah, I wouldn't expect CGC or CAB to make a move for anything less than a head coaching position. And only a semi-major school at that. They'll both get their shot at D-1 HC, and not just at smaller D-1 programs. I just hope it's not right away.

I suspect CTT pushed for quite a bit of gravy for his assistants during his own contract negoations this week.

Chizik would lateral a DC job if he knew something - like if the head coach at that school was on their last year of his contract; training Chizik to take over.

Archived