Oh yeah, nice success story in Yemen.

TheBlueVue

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUUSN....this wasn't my original source but it confirms some of what I said. And you should note this link is CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2...t/yemen-unrest/

Couldn't care less about the source but I am glad you finally found one. I already knew your source. Kelly was screaming about this last night on Fox News. That wasn't so hard was it. It wasn't very comprehensive but I get a gist of the issue. I actually have experience with troop movements in foreign countries dealing with Dip Clearances and APACS requests. So what's your issue with this incident?

AUUSN.....a few comments:

1.You couldn't care less huh? You must have cared earlier since you cried BS.

2. I didn't watch Megyn Kelly last night. In fact didn't watch any Fox News last night. So Mr. Know It All you still don't know my source so I guess your inflated ego is bruised.

3. You said in post #16..."Marines don't destroy weapons if it's an exremis evacuation. This was not." So why did they destroy some....as I said they did?

4. What's my issue? Where did I ever impIy I had an issue? I just posted info and you cried BS. So I guess the ball is in your court and your credibility in serous doubt.

2. I didn't watch Megyn Kelly last night. In fact didn't watch any Fox News last night. So Mr. Know It All you still don't know my source so I guess your inflated ego is bruised.

3. You said in post #16..."Marines don't destroy weapons if it's an exremis evacuation. This was not." So why did they destroy some....as I said they did?

4. What's my issue? Where did I ever impIy I had an issue? I just posted info and you cried BS. So I guess the ball is in your court and your credibility in serous doubt.

1. I couldnt care less about where you got the link from. You made sure to let me know you found it from CNN.

2. Good for you. So what is your source?

3. I was wrong. It happens. Check out the Foreign Clearance Guide for your answer.

4. You implied you had an issue when you brought it up. Why would you waist time bringing it up if you didnt. So, what is your issue?

Credibility? You don't want to go there Mr. I got a buddy in intelligence...

1. I couldnt care less about where you got the link from. You made sure to let me know you found it from CNN.

2. Good for you. So what is your source?

3. I was wrong. It happens. Check out the Foreign Clearance Guide for your answer.

4. You implied you had an issue when you brought it up. Why would you waist time bringing it up if you didnt. So, what is your issue?

Credibility? You don't want to go there Mr. I got a buddy in intelligence...

Did you mean waste?

Probably. You feel better?

Have no feelings one way or the other. Just looking for clarification, didn't know it would ruffle your panties.

Sure you were. You knew what I meant. Good job on your superiority.

I've never claimed superiority over anything or anyone. Are you always this thin skinned?

Nope. I see misspelled and misused words all the time. This is a sports forum and not a masters level writing course. I'm not a jerk enough to point it out.

Nice, you must have a masters in english before you are expected to know the difference between waist and waste.

j/k, without spell check i screw up more than most:)

AUUSN ......Egg on your face can be tough. I know from experience. But it's more gratifying when it is someone else.

My source... that bugs the crap out you doesn't it? Lets just say it was more accurate than anything you had at the time and my original post wasn't the BS you claimed. It would serve you well to be a little more humble.

AUUSN ......Egg on your face can be tough. I know from experience. But it's more gratifying when it is someone else.

My source... that bugs the crap out you doesn't it? Lets just say it was more accurate than anything you had at the time and my original post wasn't the BS you claimed. It would serve you well to be a little more humble.

Nope, I don't take advice from people like you. We done here?

PT, I know you have this rivalry with AUUSN, and I get it. That said, you do not do yourself or your point any favors when you make such claims without an explicit link. You know me well enough to know that I do not attack you, but a simple early citation would have stopped the criticism quite early. The lack of said link is why he called BS on your earlier. After you provided a link, it didn't address quite the same things you said previously. I'm not taking sides here, I'm just saying this because I don't think anyone gets ahead with the exchanges in this thread. From having a few conversation with AUUSN, he is one that does actually listen to reason, and I think you should do likewise. None of that is meant to be insulting, I'm just trying to foster threads that amount to something other than insult battles.

PT, I know you have this rivalry with AUUSN, and I get it. That said, you do not do yourself or your point any favors when you make such claims without an explicit link. You know me well enough to know that I do not attack you, but a simple early citation would have stopped the criticism quite early. The lack of said link is why he called BS on your earlier. After you provided a link, it didn't address quite the same things you said previously. I'm not taking sides here, I'm just saying this because I don't think anyone gets ahead with the exchanges in this thread. From having a few conversation with AUUSN, he is one that does actually listen to reason, and I think you should do likewise. None of that is meant to be insulting, I'm just trying to foster threads that amount to something other than insult battles.

A worthy endeavor. Thank you!

Stry,,,,I didn't have a link, just a good source. I hope you will take note that for a long time I haven't said anything negative to him until he starts something. To me, calling my post BS was unnecessary. He could have questioned the info in a in a nicer way. Agree? If so then please make your good suggestions to him also.

Just for your info, when he first came on the board we got along fine with me being an old Navy guy. Then one day out of the clear blue he said one of my posts was the most ignorant he had ever seen, Then the insults started. It's a two way street so don't point the finger of blame all at me.

I'm off to bed. See ya tomorrow maybe. Goodnight and sleep well.

Stry,,,,I didn't have a link, just a good source. I hope you will take note that for a long time I haven't said anything negative to him until he starts something. To me, calling my post BS was unnecessary. He could have questioned the info in a in a nicer way. Agree? If so then please make your good suggestions to him also.

Just for your info, when he first came on the board we got along fine with me being an old Navy guy. Then one day out of the clear blue he said one of my posts was the most ignorant he had ever seen, Then the insults started. It's a two way street so don't point the finger of blame all at me.

I'm off to bed. See ya tomorrow maybe. Goodnight and sleep well.

He probably could have questioned you in a nicer way, as most could have. However, and I do not meant to insult you, you are probably our most respected elder. I was taught by my father to always take the highest road possible, regardless of where my opponent went. That may seem naive, but my father is a retired Master Chief that brought me up overseas at numerous Naval Air Stations. I've taken his word at every point he's presented it to me in his life. I was nearly in high school before I ever lived in this country.

The ultimate problem that you and AUUSN have with one another is one of communication. He's been too abrasive, and so have you. I'm not going to arbitrate a he said / he said dispute, but I know that both of you are smart enough to work it out like the educated men I think you are. I would say that of all the posters you've had sharp disagreements with, as I say it of you. Perhaps they insulted you first, and perhaps they didn't. Are they not still Auburn men posting on an Auburn forum? I tend to think that all of us ultimately have ONE VERY IMPORTANT thing that brought us here in the first place, and that is something this particular forum needs a desperate injection of.

Good morning Stry. I will take that to heart with the hope everyone here does the same. Let's call it the Stry Spirit.

My wife and I are going down to Auburn to see the new Toomer trees they are planting tomorrow and go to the AU-bama basket ball game Tuesday night. Look for us.....we will be a couple of rows behind the Auburn bench.

Maybe a few days in Auburn and a win over bama is what I need right now.

War Eagle :wareagle:

Good morning Stry. I will take that to heart with the hope everyone here does the same. Let's call it the Stry Spirit.

My wife and I are going down to Auburn to see the new Toomer trees they are planting tomorrow and go to the AU-bama basket ball game Tuesday night. Look for us.....we will be a couple of rows behind the Auburn bench.

Maybe a few days in Auburn and a win over bama is what I need right now.

War Eagle :wareagle:

A win over Bama should be a legitimate medical prescription. It has therapeutic qualities. War Eagle! :wareagle:

So back to the topic of the Marines surrendering, or not surrendering their weapons or them being destroyed. From Military.com:

Marines Destroyed All Weapons in Yemen EvacuationU.S. Embassy Marines in Yemen destroyed all of their weapons as they evacuated the country with diplomatic personnel under orders from the State Department, the Marine Corps said in a statement Wednesday night.

"To be clear, no Marine handed a weapon to a Houthi, or had one taken from him," the Marines said in the statement distributed by the Pentagon.

Earlier Wednesday, a Pentagon spokesman, Col. Steve Warren, said that the Embassy Marines had destroyed their crew-served weapons at the Embassy but had "left behind" their personal weapons such as M-9 pistols and M-4 carbines at the airport in the capital city of Sanaa.

"The Marine Security Force left the American embassy in Yemen for the movement to the airfield as part of the 'ordered departure' with only personal weapons. All crew-served weapons were destroyed at the Embassy prior to movement. None of them were 'handed over' in any way to anyone," the Marine Corps said.

"Upon arrival at the airfield, all personal weapons were rendered inoperable in accordance with advance planning," the statement said. "Specifically, each bolt was removed from its weapons body and rendered inoperable by smashing with sledgehammers. The weapons' bodies, minus the bolts, were then separately smashed with sledgehammers." CNN, citing Yemeni employees of the U.S. Embassy, reported that Embassy officials also destroyed tens of thousands of documents before leaving for the airport.

However, Pentagon officials said that several Embassy vehicles were left behind in the evacuation. At a White House press briefing, Press Secretary Josh Earnest said that the evacuation took place in a "delicate situation" and that the Yemenis were responsible for maintaining any equipment left behind.

"I certainly would use this opportunity to reiterate the responsibility that the Yemeni government and that the Houthi rebels have in ensuring the protection of diplomatic property and other equipment that was left behind," Earnest said.

The Embassy Marines and the diplomatic personnel left the Sanaa airport on a civilian flight to the neighboring country of Oman.

"We are certainly grateful to the government of Oman, that provided critically important assistance to ensure that that temporary relocation was executed safely," Earnest said. Earlier, Pentagon officials had declined to disclose the destination of the evacuation flight but said that the Embassy Marines were remaining in the region.

The Embassy evacuation and the convoy to the airport were "orderly, uneventful and organized," Col. Warren said earlier. The evacuation took place amid what Western reporters in Sanaa described as relative calm in the city despite protests for and against the Houthis.

Earnest and Warren also said that an undisclosed number U.S, Special Operations troops remained in Yemen for possible training of the crumbling Yemeni military and counter-terror missions.

The U.S., British and other embassies were closed and their personnel were evacuated as the Houthi rebels took over country at the southern end of the Red Sea. France urged all of its citizens to leave Yemen and said the French Embassy would close on Friday.

The central government in Yemen collapsed in January following the Houthi takeover of Sanaa. Yemen had been a U.S. ally in the fight against the Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) terror group.

The Houthis, who practice Shiite Islam and reportedly are funded by Iran, are also enemies of AQAP but have publicly expressed opposition to U.S. drone strikes against AQAP. However, the Houthis have as yet made no moves to stop the drone strikes.

Earnest said that U.S. military personnel were still on the ground in Yemen and "are coordinating with their counterparts in Yemen, in the Yemeni government, and continuing to carry out the kinds of actions -- the counter-terrorism actions that are necessary to protect the American people and our interests around the world." http://www.military....evacuation.html So hopefully, despite a change in whatever rule in Yemen, we can continue our counterterrorism efforts in Yemen.

Archived