2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I would like to know what happened in the last 2 hours before he signed. How did UGA go from being eliminated, to back in it, to a real threat, to making us sweat bullets? What more could have happened that would have changed a decision that had been made weeks ago according to some on here. Was he playing UGA?

Glad he ended up with the good guys!

:wareagle:/>

Twitter rumors.

So I would like to know what happened in the last 2 hours before he signed. How did UGA go from being eliminated, to back in it, to a real threat, to making us sweat bullets? What more could have happened that would have changed a decision that had been made weeks ago according to some on here. Was he playing UGA?

Twitter rumors.

RG was working on him most of the morning. We were getting nervous

Twitter rumors.

Hats off to Rodney. Amazing pressure for top player in the state to stay.

Twitter rumors.

I cannot emphasize enough how great RG has done in the last 2 months. Fantastic job............

Twitter rumors.

I cannot emphasize enough how great RG has done in the last 2 months. Fantastic job............

War Eagle, Rodney! GREAT JOB!

Boooooom

:timeout:/> Sweating bullets for a while............

I prefer drinking them,SILVER BULLETS that is,having a few right now to celebrate.WDE MR BROWN.

Twitter rumors.

#fireRG :Sing:

Twitter rumors.

#fireRG :Sing:

We haven't heard that much over the last month or so! I think Rodney silenced the naysayers.

I have been one of the village torch bearers, but not because of a lack of recruiting prowess. He's a recruiters recruiter and without him on this staff we would be very upset today. Having said that I hope he rededicates himself to molding his students into top SEC linemen.

:wareagle:

UGA was never eliminated. If people were sweating bullets then that's just their own nervous nature. It never got sweating bullets close. In recruiting, decisions are just points in time that can be very fluid & for many 17-18 year olds commit does not mean finality especially when you got some world class sales men pulling you the other way. Just because Derrick silently committed in December, which he did, does not mean it will necessarily hold up on NSD. Luckily for AU the silents held up this year. Other years they don't.

No Derrick was not playing UGA. UGA was just doing their job trying to get Derrick to change his mind.

If Brown or Jackson are playing meaningful snaps, it says a LOT about them. The DT rotation is pretty full (Adams, Russell, Lawrence, and Swain were all in our five-man rotation last year). If a true freshman cracks that rotation, then that guy can ball.

If Brown or Jackson are playing meaningful snaps, it says a LOT about them. The DT rotation is pretty full (Adams, Russell, Lawrence, and Swain were all in our five-man rotation last year). If a true freshman cracks that rotation, then that guy can ball.

True but Swain did not play well. The 4th spot in the rotation is wide open right now IMO.

Swain didn't play particularly well, but experience matters on the defensive line. He's been through the wars, and his body is more mature than Brown or Jackson. Think about Monty Adams. He made splash plays early in his freshman season; then he completely disappeared because he couldn't handle the grind. I think that probably happened to Swain last year, and it's a rare player that can make the jump from HS to an impact rotation guy in the SEC on the defensive line. I would LOVE one or both of them to do it because, like I said, it won't be an indictment of the current guys in the rotation. It will speak volumes about the talent and toughness of either (or both) of the freshmen.

They look great, and I'd love to have two freshman All-Americans. I just tend to put my money on the experienced players.

Anyone have thoughts or insight on Jauntavius Johnson? Is he a potential Russell (breaking out after a redshirt year)? Plus you'd have to add Andrew Williams as a rotation threat. He played more on the back end of the year. It's a good problem. We have very good depth at the DT spot.

I say we give him the #1 jersey after Sir Monty Adams finishes his career and on to the NFL!

Archived