Malzahn Previews Spring Practice

RunInRed

Why do we always need a theme?

Seems unnecessary to me also. And slightly corny, but who knows maybe it helps a common goal for everyone involved.

Golson started at RG at Ole Miss. He was slated to move out to tackle, but he never actually played on the edge.

Is the other co-1, Dampeer? And we still moved Mix inside plus we expect Kim to be a Center. No way we have four guys repping that position in the fall.

It should be a fun spring. There are two major changes occurring. Unless Smith wins the QB job (which would be surprising), the offense will adjust to a passing QB that runs as opposed to a running QB that passes. That's going to impact all the other positions (puts more emphasis on pass setting for the OL and blocking schemes for the RBs, etc.).

Then on the defensive side of the ball it will be general concepts and mass chaos, in terms of player movement. I mean, look at the Safeties that took reps at the position last year: Moncrief is moving to LB, Holsey and Roberts are starting the spring at CB, and Ford may get looks there as well. That's just one position. Everything is a moving piece on that side of the ball. Like I said, spring should be fun.

Who's at RG? Holsey could have been a corner all four years. He's great. Kim probably redshirts.

right guard.

.yeah RG = right guard

Golson had won (or expected to win)the starting LT job at Ole Miss during last years spring practice before transfering here. I would say he is pretty versitale.

Who is projected at RG?

Smith is working with the 1's now.

Yeah Smith is working inside according to Gus and press notes. LG? Am I correct in that?. Who is working at RG? Danzy?

Golson started at RG at Ole Miss. He was slated to move out to tackle, but he never actually played on the edge.

Is the other co-1, Dampeer? And we still moved Mix inside plus we expect Kim to be a Center. No way we have four guys repping that position in the fall.

It should be a fun spring. There are two major changes occurring. Unless Smith wins the QB job (which would be surprising), the offense will adjust to a passing QB that runs as opposed to a running QB that passes. That's going to impact all the other positions (puts more emphasis on pass setting for the OL and blocking schemes for the RBs, etc.).

Then on the defensive side of the ball it will be general concepts and mass chaos, in terms of player movement. I mean, look at the Safeties that took reps at the position last year: Moncrief is moving to LB, Holsey and Roberts are starting the spring at CB, and Ford may get looks there as well. That's just one position. Everything is a moving piece on that side of the ball. Like I said, spring should be fun.

Who's at RG? Holsey could have been a corner all four years. He's great. Kim probably redshirts.

right guard.

.yeah RG = right guard

Golson had won (or expected to win)the starting LT job at Ole Miss during last years spring practice before transfering here. I would say he is pretty versitale.

Who is projected at RG?

Yeah Smith is working inside according to Gus and press notes. LG? Am I correct in that?. Who is working at RG? Danzy?

RG - Kozan and Danzey. Harrell will play RG, too.

right guard.

.yeah RG = right guard

Who is projected at RG?

Thanks! Interested to see how the line shakes out by fall as well as RB

I'd expect that to switch up pretty regularly. If Kozan is healthy, he'll start at one of the spots. It may be he's best suited for LG than RG or vice versa, but I'd expect Smith to also potentially workout at tackle as well for contingency's sake. If Young goes down, Smith slides over and Danzey, Adams, or Diamond could take his spot.

right guard.

.yeah RG = right guard

Who is projected at RG?

Thanks! Interested to see how the line shakes out by fall as well as RB

My bad. LG. My brain fries. RG - Smith and Diamond. Carr will play RG.

We need Coleman to improve from 1st to 2nd year just like Robinson then with a healthy Kozan we will have a very solid left side. Center Golson or Dampeer with a little edge to Golson then Smith and Young that is a very strong line once they develop team chemistry.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chandler Cox pushes Pettway for HB. He's a hard nosed guy like Prosch but also has some versatility out of the backfield.

he might just because he is a football player. He is younger, smaller,not as strong, not as experienced, but is a natural baller. Im not predicting but it won't surprise me.

Archived