Equal Rights = Satanic

Texan4Auburn

I would suggest that demanding equality among mankind and demanding equality with God are not the same. The Biblical example of Lucifer demonstrates that demanding to be on equal footing with God may not work out so well for you.

Everybody reacts differently. IMO the sign is not talking about human equal rights but as TigerTale suggests above the ages old wish by the Devil that he had equal rights.

Everybody reacts differently. IMO the sign is not talking about human equal rights but as TigerTale suggests above the ages old wish by the Devil that he had equal rights.

Is this a problem in Christianity today? Christians wanting equal power to God?

Also, wouldn't a simple "Put God First" have worked? Or a "Remember God is cooler than you"

Mims......obviously I don't know why the church elected those particular words. I just find it hard to believe they would so openly be refuting human equal rights. I agree they could have used a better choice of words for whatever they were trying to say

Mims......obviously I don't know why the church elected those particular words. I just find it hard to believe they would so openly be refuting human equal rights. I agree they could have used a better choice of words for whatever they were trying to say

That's all I was getting at, and the reason for the bad choices are likely the same as most churches with problems. More preachers these days have set themselves up as the dictator of the church. The south east doesn't have this problem as much as other places since in most of the south if the preacher is trash it's only a short drive to another church. But you see it a decent bit in areas where going to another church would be a hassle for people.

I agree. I've seen some stupid church signs. Just proves churches are no more perfect than the people who belong.

Everyone sees what they're doing, but it's a popular opinion there... so I doubt it will get taken down anytime soon.

Well this is the message he says he was conveying.

"Be careful when you demand your equal rights that you don't hurt others around you. You've got to consider everyone around you," he said.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015/03/16/churchs-equal-rights-message-draws-criticism/24882013/

They took the sign down Monday.

I agree. I've seen some stupid church signs. Just proves churches are no more perfect than the people who belong.

And that is why I said Ooops and found it funny. It is a bad choice to put on a sign as you say.

Like the guys that put the Hitler quote on the billboard in Auburn.It was dumb and cause of how dumb it was it was funny (I really doubt they supported Hitler or Nazi's). Which I think they run that thrift store next to the old K-Mart.

Which btw, if anyone is a student, or has a child about to go to Auburn that thrift store is a great place to pick up some cheap furniture to furnish an apartment with.

Everyone sees what they're doing, but it's a popular opinion there... so I doubt it will get taken down anytime soon.

"Be careful when you demand your equal rights that you don't hurt others around you. You've got to consider everyone around you," he said.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015/03/16/churchs-equal-rights-message-draws-criticism/24882013/

And I think that's what upsets me the most.....

http://www.wbir.com/...icism/24882013/

And I think that's what upsets me the most.....

You're gonna be upset for awhile, I don't think a big change in how people see homosexuals are coming anytime soon.

At least in the south east.

Archived