Baseball vs. Mississippi State - game 2

Ok I was off one year. At my age its amazing I was that close. :-\/>

I remember that Scotty Long was the first baseman and cleanup hitter. Do I win something, or just get a Q.V. Lowe fastball in the ear? :)/>

NO...you get nothing 'cause you are one of only five people on this board that were even alive back then...and everyone knows that old folks remember everything from their youth but not what they had for breakfast a couple hours ago.

Good try though....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I was off one year. At my age its amazing I was that close. :-\/>

I remember that Scotty Long was the first baseman and cleanup hitter. Do I win something, or just get a Q.V. Lowe fastball in the ear? :)/>

My father-in-law was right fielder on the '67 team.

2 nice wins on the road in the sec.

Regardless if MSU is down right now, a series win over them on the road is solid. Also, I gotta give credit where due ... I've been critical of the mental make up of this team and these wins have been strong - particularly given the weather. The pitchers were solid and the defense was good last night.

Sweep these guys and all of a sudden, we are right smack in the middle of the sec race with 2 of the hardest teams behind us.

(Makes the what if of the tight loss to vandy suck even more)

A bit early to draw too many conclusions but the Holliday hiring is looking to pay dividends already....at least with the starters.

I'm waiting for Rocky McCord to break out. I hope he does because that's why he came back for another year of college ball.

Everyone says Rocky has a ton of potential. Here's hoping it all comes together for him this season.

Archived