Special teams

AUfan_UAgrad

What's the latest on our special teams, all sides; punt, kick off, punt returns, and kick returns? I've seen a little info but not much (but I probably over looked it). Just curious what the "people in the know" have seen/herd. They call it Special Teams for a reason.

What's the latest on our special teams, all sides; punt, kick off, punt returns, and kick returns? I've seen a little info but not much (but I probably over looked it). Just curious what the "people in the know" have seen/herd. They call it Special Teams for a reason.

Good questions! Anybody? I'm especially interested in the kickers: Is Daniel Carlson going to have to do it all again this year, or will he have some help?

Carlson will not be punting this year. Either Ian Shannon or a walk-on will take the punting duties.

There was an article recently about Carlson. Driven considering he missed the kick in the bowl game.

man I hate Wisconsin football. Sucks we had to play them again.

"My goal this fall is to try to get Daniel away from the punting world and just focus on kicking," Fountain said. "There'll be some things in the punting game I think he'll be able to help us with and complement things, but I think he'll be a better kicker for us if he's not having to do all the duties."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/04/auburns_daniel_carlson_motivat.html

IMO the Jimmy Hutchinson saga set us back a couple seasons. It was one of the biggest head scratchers in years too.

Lay off Jimmy. His dad died just weeks before he started at Auburn. I can't honestly see how we can fault a kid after something like that.

IMO the Jimmy Hutchinson saga set us back a couple seasons. It was one of the biggest head scratchers in years too.

He was here and it didn't work out for him. It certainly wasn't a "saga". Besides, he's ONE player. One player will NOT set any program back a "couple of seasons". We had much larger issues in 2014 than punter.

He was here and it didn't work out for him. It certainly wasn't a "saga". Besides, he's ONE player. One player will NOT set any program back a "couple of seasons". We had much larger issues in 2014 than punter.

IT wasn't a saga, it was an epic saga, but now Muschamp is back and the defense is rising.

Archived