Finebaum is so transparent

BamaGrad03

Guys, now you see why many of us Bama fans hate Finebaum. One day he is trying to be the champion of tearing down the NCAA and talking about how bad bama got screwed...the next day he's saying how crappy a coach CMS is and that people make too many excuses for his record.

NOOOOOOW....CTT to LSU rumor/story is hot. What angle is he taking (and fanning for that matter)? The Mobile article. Not the one written in huntsvegas...or any other thing that might point to CTT staying in Auburn. No way. Every thing he mentions (even in tonality) suggests that there's a 'story' here and that CTT is unhappy...etc.

ITS ALL A RATINGS GAME!

It helped his ratings a few months ago to be on CTT's side...it helped a year a go to slam him...Finebaum has no stance either way...he always takes the opinion, and leads his callers and topics, into the direction that has the most shock value (ie ratings)

I dont live in Alabama nor have I ever listened to him, however having read/heard my Alabama and Auburn fans speak of him and some of articles, I have concluded the man is buffoon....

I listen to him when news breaks because he has contacts. Especially listen when Gallion stuff breaks. But pretty much only the day something breaks. Because after that, its just him and Vickers (who knows NOTHING about Football btw) slamming the two instate schools about something.

I would just as soon listen to a professional wrestling promoter as I had Finebaum. In my opinion he is a person without any substance. He is nothing more than a rabbble rousing charlatan. I'm actually embarrassed for Auburn when Auburn fans telephone his program and ask him his opinion about anything having to do with Auburn. It would actually please be if Auburn people would discontinue calling and listening to his program. I would like to see this gadfly removed from the air.

I listen to his show when I know CTT, Borges or Dye is on the show. It certainly isn't for Finebum.

134115[/snapback]

Same here. I listen to all the interviews, especially with all the AU people (don't forget Stan White & Charley Trotman.)

Re ratings whore: broadcast shows exist for ratings -- no ratings, no show. And BG, ... ... cms is a crappy coach (10-14 record in 2 years) and too many uat fans do make excuses for him. Enjoy your time at the MCB.

I have not listened to the little lyin' snake in three years. I will NEVER listen to him again and urge everyone to tune him out.

He cares nothing for anyone but himself. He will lie to make himself look good and everyone else look bad.

I listen to his show when I know CTT, Borges or Dye is on the show. It certainly isn't for Finebum.

134115[/snapback]

Same here. I listen to all the interviews, especially with all the AU people (don't forget Stan White & Charley Trotman.)

Re ratings whore: broadcast shows exist for ratings -- no ratings, no show. And BG, ... ... cms is a crappy coach (10-14 record in 2 years) and too many uat fans do make excuses for him. Enjoy your time at the MCB.

134131[/snapback]

Funny...5 years at Auburn, preseason #1...all the talent in the world...and your "Coach of the Year" lost the same amount of games last year as Shula did this year. Good call genius.

Tuberville '99-'00: 14-10 (8-8) / .583 (.500)

[AU 1998: 3-8 (1-7)]

Shula '03-'04: 10-14 (5-11) / .416 (.313)

[uAT 2002: 10-3 (6-2)]

Tuberville had less talent at AU than Shula had at UAT during the first two years.

In three years we can then make the comparison you just attempted...

134115[/snapback]

134131[/snapback]

Funny...5 years at Auburn, preseason #1...all the talent in the world...and your "Coach of the Year" lost the same amount of games last year as Shula did this year. Good call genius.

134140[/snapback]

we also played 13 games where shula has only played 11; and lets not forget that the season still isn't over. if shula could pull out a win against the vaunted gophers it would be the most impressive win of his career, although he was only a recovered onside kick, a 50 yard drive for a touchdown and a two point conversion away from taking tuberville to overtime this year. man, now that is something to be proud of.

Tuberville '99-'00:  14-10 (8-8) / .583 (.500)

Shula '03-'04:  10-14 (5-11) / .416 (.313)

Tuberville had less talent at AU than Shula had at UAT during the first two years.

134143[/snapback]

I guess you are counting all the talent that missed most of the season this year and last due to injury. :cheer:

134143[/snapback]

I guess you are counting all the talent that missed most of the season this year and last due to injury. :cheer:

134146[/snapback]

OK. So UAT had depleted talent due to injury and AU had little talent from a 3-8 squad and Tiny Terry's lack of recruiting skills. CTT still did better than CMS during their first two years.

Again, in 2007 we can compare Shula's squad with CTT's 7-5 (5-3) squad from last year (instead of Shula's 6-5 (3-5) second year squad).

Yeah, I guess we are actually 11.5-0.5 since we lost the first half of the bama game.

We lost to both National Champions last year, also a top 10 Georgia team. We beat, at the time 2 top 10 teams in Arkansas and Tennessee.

Ole Miss finished with 10 wins.

The only loss that was to a piss poor team was Georgia Tech, who got blown out by Duke, but did play in a bowl

Mike Shula only has big moral victories not an actual victory.

Yeah, he's come close to Tennessee twice, Arkansas last year, Oklahoma, and Auburn twice, but has yet to win the big one.

134143[/snapback]

134146[/snapback]

OK. So UAT had depleted talent due to injury and AU had little talent from a 3-8 squad and Tiny Terry's lack of recruiting skills. CTT still did better than CMS during their first two years.

Again, in 2007 we can compare Shula's squad with CTT's 7-5 (5-3) squad from last year (instead of Shula's 6-5 (3-5) second year squad).

134147[/snapback]

That's fair.

BG at least gets PF. He is what he is, a ratings whore. He lets folks, he knows to be idiots, come on and say things that are incredibly stoopid so that others can then talk about the caller or his comments.

Face it. Finebaum must fill what 3 hours a day on radio and there is just not that much to talk about right now. He knew the story from Mobile was fishy at best.

Yesterday was just more transparent then usual. With this website, I have noticed that other sites have let some pure crap stay posted and talked about without intervening. It used to shock me. It no longer does. People with Media jobs, hobbies, etc have to keep you interested to keep you posting, reading, buying.

Yesterday, I saw clearly that Finebaum edged very close to the Forrest Gump Davis side of Media where you invent a story. I know, he was only quoting the Mobile Register, the paper where he works BTW.

CTT is not going anywhere. PF knows that. What he did yesterday was just laughable because it was just so clearly "chain-yanking."

134143[/snapback]

134146[/snapback]

lots of injuries = bad conditioning = bad coaching

is Brodie injury prone? :P

Thanks for getting this one back on track DKW. It's amazing how most threads turn into a AU/Bama argument. "Hey, Finebaum said CTT was going to LSU"

"Oh yea, well Shula sucks"

What sucks is that Finebaum is pretty well connected. And his people do an excellent job of getting solid interviews. As a host he isnt very good. It sucks that I have to listen to him to hear guys like Oliver, Charlie Trottman, Gallion, Spurrier...etc.

But I really dont like Herb and Ray. Those guys have their own talk show and know nothing about current football events.

It's amazing how most threads turn into a AU/Bama argument

Isn't it a wonderful thing :)

The sad thing about Finebaum is that what is transparency to some is gospel to the masses...............

134115[/snapback]

134131[/snapback]

134140[/snapback]

Yeeaahhh ... O.K. I'm sure that means a whole heck of a lot to you in your world but it makes no sense to me (i.e. annual awards such as COY only apply to the year in which they are given.) Back to the matter at hand: Finebaum is topical. He's also a newsman and in his business he has to be. Think what a dull show it would be if he didn't criticize a crappy HC such as Shulla. I agree completely with his assessment of Mike: the boy is in over his head with 2 SEC wins last year, 3 this year with not a single signature win in the bunch, and he has displayed this alarming habit of getting his starting QB (among others) put on the disabled list every freakin' year. If that's the kind of improvement you want in a HC, have at it. Maybe it's just me but if I was a top QB recruit I would look long & hard at other programs that know how to protect the #1 skill position. For the record, I don't agree with Finebaum's ranting & railing against the NCAA. Quite the contrary, I'm of the opinion that uat got off super easy for their transgressions compared to what other programs had to endure in penalties in years past (e.g. Ole Miss, AU, Miami, Texas A&M, Washington & SMU.) uat is just plain lucky when it comes to things like this. I'm over it though -- water under the bridge. I'd let the topic die but incredibly, some uat lawyer still has a pending lawsuit related to the sanctions and we AU people are forced to rehash this again & again ... what is it now, going on 3 years? :no:

OK, so there you have it: I'm a discriminating listener. I certainly don't believe or agree with everything Finebaum says, but I'm not automatically going to dismiss something he says just because it doesn't agree with my opinion. He can be rude, crude & socially unacceptable to his callers all he wants. I'm not listening to that crap. I'm listening to the interviews ... .... and Shane & Phyliss, of course. :lol::lol:

I guess you are counting all the talent that missed most of the season this year and last due to injury. 

Is that one of those CMS excuses Finebum has been talking about on his show? :P

Archived