Jameis Winston didn't steal those crab legs after all......

cptau

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pick with crab legs says all there is to say. He is a sociopath.

I don't know about sociopath. That's certainly possible. I do believe he has an entitlement mentality. He's never really been told no in his life. He'll get a fairly long leash in the NFL, especially if he pans out as a player. It won't be endless though and I think he'll eventually cross the line and that will be that.

This tells you, all you need to know. Note that Tampa Bay "encouraged him" to take down the crab leg photo.

http://espn.go.com/n...-bay-buccaneers

Hours after being selected by the Buccaneers with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, Winston posted an Instagram photo of himself posing in front of a serving of crab legs.

The photo was later removed from his Instagram page. Winston had tweeted, "Thanks Capt for the crab legs," and linked to the Instagram photo before it was deleted.

The Tampa Bay Times reported Friday that the Buccaneers "encouraged" Winston to take down the photo.

The photo likely was a reference to when Winston was cited for shoplifting crab legs from a supermarket last year, one of several off-the-field incidents that marred his college career at Florida State

Can you imagine how pissed the bucs admin is with that little Twitter pic. What an immature moron. Watching him implode in the NFL is gonna be a sport in and of itself.

Can't wait to hear the stories of ho he interacts with his veteran teammates. As the last 10 pages of this thread sho ... There are differing opinions about JW and his rape guilt. What's the guess there might be some bucs teammates with daughters who are less than happy to have JW instead of mariota as the new face of the team.

Regardless of his guilt or innocence ... Posting the pic after being drafted was idiotic height of immaturity.

He's basically poking fun at the justice system and the public. He has gotten away with everything he has done, it starts at home. And I believe he was upheld whenever he did something wrong. He has auntee's and other family members who have said he's been this way since he was a little kid. His attitude of entitlement will not go away overnight. The bucs just drafted a problem child, good luck to them because they will need it.

My guess is it won't go away at all. No doubt the kid has ability, but the NFL requires more than an arm. (Vick was once considered a generational type athlete and he had to go to jail before working things out)

Since its rumor, I can't fully share, but I was told a story by a Hoover football parent about a request by JW's dad ... Hoover rebuffed it. (did I cross the rumor line?)

If you can't put it up here PM me as I'd like to hear it.

I'm hearing rumors as well about his dad's request while in high school. Pm me

I'm glad I am not a Bucs fan. I guess we know which way the Bucs office views the Winston rape case or maybe they just don't give a damn. You either believe that Winston raped Erica or you don't, not much middle ground especially if you read the Lawsuit papers that were linked in this thread. It was very difficult for me to read (and no not the legal jargon) but to read and imagine that someone had to go through that and live with something like for the rest of their life. I know it unfortunately goes on almost everyday and most cases are never reported. I know someone that this happened to many years ago and she still has to deal with it to this today. It's something she said will never go away for her. I for one believe Winston did it. I have read the arguments from both sides . If the team I cheered for (which ever sport) decided to draft, select, or sign someone that I thought committed those acts there would be no way I could cheer for them. Its one thing for your team to dismiss someone that has done something as heinous as what I believe he did but to openly draft them to your team either means you believe he didn't do it or you value football over morality. With the amount of arrest, drug use, substance abuse, crimes, domestic violence cases, etc.... I'm beginning to lose faith in the NFL.

This tells you, all you need to know. Note that Tampa Bay "encouraged him" to take down the crab leg photo.

http://espn.go.com/n...-bay-buccaneers

Hours after being selected by the Buccaneers with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, Winston posted an Instagram photo of himself posing in front of a serving of crab legs.

The photo was later removed from his Instagram page. Winston had tweeted, "Thanks Capt for the crab legs," and linked to the Instagram photo before it was deleted.

The Tampa Bay Times reported Friday that the Buccaneers "encouraged" Winston to take down the photo.

The photo likely was a reference to when Winston was cited for shoplifting crab legs from a supermarket last year, one of several off-the-field incidents that marred his college career at Florida State

surely not. :-\

I'm glad I am not a Bucs fan. I guess we know which way the Bucs office views the Winston rape case or maybe they just don't give a damn. You either believe that Winston raped Erica or you don't, not much middle ground especially if you read the Lawsuit papers that were linked in this thread. It was very difficult for me to read (and no not the legal jargon) but to read and imagine that someone had to go through that and live with something like for the rest of their life. I know it unfortunately goes on almost everyday and most cases are never reported. I know someone that this happened to many years ago and she still has to deal with it to this today. It's something she said will never go away for her. I for one believe Winston did it. I have read the arguments from both sides . If the team I cheered for (which ever sport) decided to draft, select, or sign someone that I thought committed those acts there would be no way I could cheer for them. Its one thing for your team to dismiss someone that has done something as heinous as what I believe he did but to openly draft them to your team either means you believe he didn't do it or you value football over morality. With the amount of arrest, drug use, substance abuse, crimes, domestic violence cases, etc.... I'm beginning to lose faith in the NFL.

With his talent you just can't do anything else. It's not about what they believe. He never was charged so if they don't someone else will. If another team took him and he I'd a big success they'd be roasted for that. Sort of dammed if you do damned if you don't. They may hire a babysitter to keep him out of trouble.

With his talent you just can't do anything else. It's not about what they believe. He never was charged so if they don't someone else will. If another team took him and he I'd a big success they'd be roasted for that. Sort of dammed if you do damned if you don't. They may hire a babysitter to keep him out of trouble.

Disagree with the dammed it you don't. They pass on him and take a class act like Meriotta (sp) then hope for the best. Minutes past his draft (where he refused to go to Chicago) and he's posing with crab legs and his new team has to tell him to remove the pictures.

You asked for it Tampa Bay, you got it.

Disagree with the dammed it you don't. They pass on him and take a class act like Meriotta (sp) then hope for the best. Minutes past his draft (where he refused to go to Chicago) and he's posing with crab legs and his new team has to tell him to remove the pictures.

Mariota is still iffy on being an NFL qb. BTW Mariota didn't go to Chicago either. Under your scenario if they take Mariota over Winston and he doesn't pan out and they're sitting there watching Winston light it up in Tennessee, boy are they going to get hammered. That's just the way it works in professional sports. I've got no love for JW but an NFL GM is in a tough spot faced with this type of situation.

$16 million signing bonus an a 4 year $25 million contract. Not bad for a... kid from Bessemer AL. I was going to list his rap sheet but I don't have the time.

Mariota is still iffy on being an NFL qb. BTW Mariota didn't go to Chicago either. Under your scenario if they take Mariota over Winston and he doesn't pan out and they're sitting there watching Winston light it up in Tennessee, boy are they going to get hammered. That's just the way it works in professional sports. I've got no love for JW but an NFL GM is in a tough spot faced with this type of situation.

It's not a tough spot at all! With his track record, and comments leading up to draft day, then his photo's after draft day prove the point. Don't take the chance, simple as that. Not hard to understand at all.

Ask Cleveland!

It's not a tough spot at all! With his track record, and comments leading up to draft day, then his photo's after draft day prove the point. Don't take the chance, simple as that. Not hard to understand at all.

Ask Cleveland!

I'm sure TB did their due diligence and looked at everything quite thoroughly. I'm sure they thought that it was a good chance for them to take. Lovie Smith is a good coach for him to play under, very tough and hsrd nosed. In this current era with the rookie wage scale you can afford to take a chance and it won't kill your franchise if you get it wrong. Get it right and you're set to win a lot of football games.

Ask Cleveland!

I'm sure TB did their due diligence and looked at everything quite thoroughly. I'm sure they thought that it was a good chance for them to take. Lovie Smith is a good coach for him to play under, very tough and hsrd nosed. In this current era with the rookie wage scale you can afford to take a chance and it won't kill your franchise if you get it wrong. Get it right and you're set to win a lot of football games.

I think I can sum up our disagreement this way:

The Rooney Family (Pittsburgh Steelers) and the Kraft Family (N.E. Pats) have a long history of not taking chances on attitudes and off the field pgm players. (Hernandez at N.E. certainly an exception, as I am sure Pitt has exceptions) and they both have their share of Super Bowl Trophies.

Al Davis and Jerry Jones are willing to gamble on these guys with issues so to speak. They have/had some Super Bowl Trophies as well.

For me, I am a Rooney or Kraft guy. Possibly you are a Al Davis or Jerry Guy.

My point is you can draft players without the baggage and still win big. Why take the chance? I am sure if Al Davis were still alive and here, he would disagree. If Chuck Knoll was still alive and here he would disagree with Al...but one thing is for sure, they both won and won big!

That's not true patriots takes chances on guys with character issues all the time because they have a coach that's no nonsense. Steelers as well

If a team thinks you can help them win, they'll take a chance on you. If this was 2008, it might be different. That was pretty rookie wage scale. Nearly every team in the league has taken chances at some point. If TB didn't someone else would have. It's based on wins and losses. Even if he busts or screws up it doesn't cost them that much anymore. It's easier to take that chance now. Like it or not JW is a risk worth taking. Maybe it shouldn't be that way but it is.

If a team thinks you can help them win, they'll take a chance on you. If this was 2008, it might be different. That was pretty rookie wage scale. Nearly every team in the league has taken chances at some point. If TB didn't someone else would have. It's based on wins and losses. Even if he busts or screws up it doesn't cost them that much anymore. It's easier to take that chance now. Like it or not JW is a risk worth taking. Maybe it shouldn't be that way but it is.

If he busts or screws-up it will cost them millions depending on how the contract is written, or multi-millions if his agent, gets his way. It will also cost them the overall #1 pick which doesn't happen every day.

I respectfully disagree but War Eagle to ya!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12801441/tampa-bay-buccaneers-officially-sign-jameis-winston

TAMPA, Fla. -- In the moments after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made Jameis Winston the first pick in the draft Thursday night, the team agreed to terms on a contract with the quarterback.Then, on Friday, the team officially signed Winston. The four-year deal is worth $25.35 million, which includes a $16.69 million signing bonus, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The entire deal is guaranteed under the league's collective bargaining agreement. The contract also contains a fifth-year option that is standard in rookie contracts for first-round picks.

Entire point is none of you know. Period. Also lol at the drug test scenario doesn't mean anything he's a rapist, but the woman MAY possibly be lying for money is a scenario that can't be a possibility

??

Of course, there is a possibility of her lying (I think that is what you were getting at), BUT please tell us all WHY would the powers that be in Tallahassee (FSU athletics and LEO sympathizers, who look worse than uat) would go to such great lengths to protect jw, cover it up, get out ahead of it, instead of exposing the fraud of the "victim"?? I would think given this amount of time, jw legal team would have gathered proof to uncover her lies. The manipulation of the two witnesses, ironically enough, fellow teammates of jw, regarding their story really says a lot, imo.

Entire point is none of you know. Period. Also lol at the drug test scenario doesn't mean anything he's a rapist, but the woman MAY possibly be lying for money is a scenario that can't be a possibility

??

Of course, there is a possibility of her lying (I think that is what you were getting at), BUT please tell us all WHY would the powers that be in Tallahassee (FSU athletics and LEO sympathizers, who look worse than uat) would go to such great lengths to protect jw, cover it up, get out ahead of it, instead of exposing the fraud of the "victim"?? I would think given this amount of time, jw legal team would have gathered proof to uncover her lies. The manipulation of the two witnesses, ironically enough, fellow teammates of jw, regarding their story really says a lot, imo.

And the porno they shot with her would put a definite end to this. Oh wait that's right they erased it. Wonder why :dunno:

please point out her inconsistencies and not just media speculation?

Hey cole256 and dtr, you've been called out, now respond, or stfu

lol

I just have to ask, is the story she originally came to court with the same story she went with before she lost the case?

??

And the porno they shot with her would put a definite end to this. Oh wait that's right they erased it. Wonder why :dunno:/>

A. They didn't record the whole thing

B. They stopped recording once they barged in and Jameis asked them to leave

C. They stopped having sex for that span and then continued to have it

And who would just keep a video of people *******?

??

And the porno they shot with her would put a definite end to this. Oh wait that's right they erased it. Wonder why :dunno:/>

Whoever is stupid enough to video it in the first place is probably stupid enough to keep it, at least for a little while or show it to someone. Wouldn't pretty much any part of that video prove or disprove the rape? You would at least get some reference to the state of mind she was in, even it was just a few seconds with her clothes on. As I have stated in a previous post, you either believe she was raped or you don't. You obviously believe that she was not where I believe she was. There is no changing most people's mind on something like this, yours or mine, without either some evidence or admission. That's what makes these cases so bad is that it is a he said she said. I do agree with you there are some inconsistencies in her story but there are also some things from the Winston camp, police department, and FSU that don't look good or add up either. I did not like how the Law Suit had SO MUCH about Winston being a football player in it. While I do agree it was how she realized who he was just thought there was to much reference to him being an FSU football player in it.

??

Whoever is stupid enough to video it in the first place is probably stupid enough to keep it, at least for a little while or show it to someone. Wouldn't pretty much any part of that video prove or disprove the rape? You would at least get some reference to the state of mind she was in, even it was just a few seconds with her clothes on. As I have stated in a previous post, you either believe she was raped or you don't. You obviously believe that she was not where I believe she was. There is no changing most people's mind on something like this, yours or mine, without either some evidence or admission. That's what makes these cases so bad is that it is a he said she said. I do agree with you there are some inconsistencies in her story but there are also some things from the Winston camp, police department, and FSU that don't look good or add up either. I did not like how the Law Suit had SO MUCH about Winston being a football player in it. While I do agree it was how she realized who he was just thought there was to much reference to him being an FSU football player in it.

The video would absolutely be a key piece of evidence, now considering who was probably doing the videoing, football player friend, probably one of the two guys, that "witnessed" the event, who FSU athletics orchestrated jw's attorney to speak with before LEO detectives could, come on, not much to put that together that it was "erased" at that time. Yes, there are defense attorney's that would do that, or FSU athletics with a big payout riding on their star player. If the video, in fact, was exonerating for jw, then why not turn it over to the prosecution? If in fact, it shows a willing, submissive, adult 2nd party to the sexual encounter, then no need to erase it. It's all HIGHLY suspect behavior by a university athletic program holding the puppet strings on that town.

??

The video would absolutely be a key piece of evidence, now considering who was probably doing the videoing, football player friend, probably one of the two guys, that "witnessed" the event, who FSU athletics orchestrated jw's attorney to speak with before LEO detectives could, come on, not much to put that together that it was "erased" at that time. Yes, there are defense attorney's that would do that, or FSU athletics with a big payout riding on their star player. If the video, in fact, was exonerating for jw, then why not turn it over to the prosecution? If in fact, it shows a willing, submissive, adult 2nd party to the sexual encounter, then no need to erase it. It's all HIGHLY suspect behavior by a university athletic program holding the puppet strings on that town.

he got into trouble with the university for voyeurism anyway.

Archived