Why its hard to Talk about Racism

The reason is because there are a lot of people that benefit, politically and financially, in keeping racism alive and well. If the problem ever went away where would they go and what would they do.

So, in your opinion, racism is purely contrived?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(NSFW-Language)

(NSFW-Language)

(SFW-Minor Language)

(Radio edit, so likely SFW)

Just providing evidence for my next statement.

I like the 90's - 2000's pop culture definition of "thug"

So it's the only one I recognize, unless I'm on political forums & drinking. :)

Hah. I got Straight Outta Compton on my MP3 player. Who can guess what the acronym "NWA" is short for?

Niggas With Attitude. What is my prize? :big:

Niggas With Attitude

A Woo Woo. You're gonna get in trouble. :laugh:

(NSFW-Language)

(NSFW-Language)

(SFW-Minor Language)

(Radio edit, so likely SFW)

Just providing evidence for my next statement.

I like the 90's - 2000's pop culture definition of "thug"

So it's the only one I recognize, unless I'm on political forums & drinking. :)

Hah. I got Straight Outta Compton on my MP3 player. Who can guess what the acronym "NWA" is short for?

Can ya remember Kurt Loder on MTV saying what it stood for multiple times.

Imagine a white guy doing that on TV today, the log beams would be gathered in a second, only trouble would be finding a hill for the crucifixion to happen on.

Niggas With Attitude

A Woo Woo. You're gonna get in trouble. :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised. :-\

Can ya remember Kurt Loder on MTV saying what it stood for multiple times.

Imagine a white guy doing that on TV today, the log beams would be gathered in a second, only trouble would be finding a hill for the crucifixion to happen on.

And now I feel old. I miss those days.

Times, they are a changing.

They've already changed. MTV is beyond saving. :no:

post2.jpg

See above: Definition of thug?

funny-ice-cube-first-i-was-like-but-then.jpg

Choices. An interesting concept.

I see the problem now. It has nothing to do with race. It's you dang "young folks" and your devil music.

:hellyeah:

I see the problem now. It has nothing to do with race. It's you dang "young folks" and your devil music.

Yep. Now, if you'll excuse us, we will now proceed to get off your lawn.

Well don't forget to take your doobie butts, your candy wrappers, and your soda cans with you. I'm tired of picking up you kids' trash. If the three of you don't end up in jail, it will be a miracle.

Well don't forget to take your doobie butts, your candy wrappers, and your soda cans with you. I'm tired of picking up you kids' trash. If the three of you don't end up in jail, it will be a miracle.

Nope.

6a1.jpg

No no no. I think he needs a heavier dose of Slayer.

I think you can call a single person a thug. However, if you label all of the members of a race as, thugs, whether you know it or not, you are a racist. You can call a single person a criminal but, if you propose that a race is predisposed to crime, then whether you know it or not, you are a racist.

A history of oppression, poverty, and inferior educational opportunity leads to criminal behavior, not the color of one's skin. If you believe otherwise, whether you accept it or not, you are an ignorant racist.

can you call a couple of dozen idiots pouncing and throwing rocks and bricks at a police car thugs?

It is only my opinion but, in this case, I don't think so. I think it would be not only wrong but, also foolish. Is there an element of "thugishness"? I think so but, there is also an element of legitimate protest. I think it wise not to allow one to minimize the other.

not a damn thing legitimate about that. But let's see what else you will legitimize. Burning 144 cars. Buildings. Crowbarring into retail businesses and looting is this legitimate protest to you?

Oh great. Here comes another one. Back in my day, young folks had some respect. smh.

Turn down that damn noise!

I think you can call a single person a thug. However, if you label all of the members of a race as, thugs, whether you know it or not, you are a racist. You can call a single person a criminal but, if you propose that a race is predisposed to crime, then whether you know it or not, you are a racist.

A history of oppression, poverty, and inferior educational opportunity leads to criminal behavior, not the color of one's skin. If you believe otherwise, whether you accept it or not, you are an ignorant racist.

can you call a couple of dozen idiots pouncing and throwing rocks and bricks at a police car thugs?

It is only my opinion but, in this case, I don't think so. I think it would be not only wrong but, also foolish. Is there an element of "thugishness"? I think so but, there is also an element of legitimate protest. I think it wise not to allow one to minimize the other.

not a damn thing legitimate about that. But let's see what else you will legitimize. Burning 144 cars. Buildings. Crowbarring into retail businesses and looting is this legitimate protest to you?

That is exactly what I am talking about. Don't lump the two together.

Oh great. Here comes another one. Back in my day, young folks had some respect. smh.

Turn down that damn noise!

91sn32Q.jpg

"Dude", if you have a working cassette deck I know I can find some Powermad. Surefire way to annoy anyone.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Don't lump the two together.

so you draw a clear line between looting, arson bad, but destroying a police car is ok.

"Dude", if you have a working cassette deck I know I can find some Powermad 2000. Surefire way to annoy anyone.

Oh great. Here comes another one. I gave you hooligans a chance to get out my yard. Now, I'm calling the authorities.

Archived