Softball vs. Tennessee - Tournament Championship

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap what an amazing game.....Nice work ladies. These girls never quit....Unbelievable...

I remember going to the first AU home game this year and saw a freshman Carlee Wallace starting at catcher - I thought - who is this girl as freshman to be the catcher. Well, I've seen her throughout the season and now I know her as the SEC Tourney game winning hit! WAR EAGLE CARLEE!

Really have to hand it to those girls. They looked beat down from the 4th-6th. But it only took a tiny spark and they believed again. I should have never doubted. Gabriel had me thinking AU wasn't going to have a shot, but like Rocky IV, they just had to get the first cut in and things would turn around. What a great season for Coach Myers. He took a program that was down, down and took those players and won an SEC Championship in his second season. On to the NCAAs!

CCM had to get in their grills in the sixth inning and it shook them awake - great coaching staff, great team effort, I think this game re-woke the sleeping giant that is AU offense. Time to take a national trophy to go with the SEC trophy!

Really have to hand it to those girls. They looked beat down from the 4th-6th. But it only took a tiny spark and they believed again. I should have never doubted. Gabriel had me thinking AU wasn't going to have a shot, but like Rocky IV, they just had to get the first cut in and things would turn around. What a great season for Coach Myers. He took a program that was down, down and took those players and won an SEC Championship in his second season. On to the NCAAs!

Nice post. Pretty amazing.

NCAA selection show is tomorrow night at 9PM. We are a lock for a national top 8 seed so we'll host a regional next weekend and if we win that we'll host a super regional the following weekend.

Well Gabriel pitched well enough to win and it did look bad.

Facing her and overcoming that hurdle will hopefully pay off in post season play.

SEC Champs!! War Eagle, Lady Tigers!!

I remember going to the first AU home game this year and saw a freshman Carlee Wallace starting at catcher - I thought - who is this girl as freshman to be the catcher. Well, I've seen her throughout the season and now I know her as the SEC Tourney game winning hit! WAR EAGLE CARLEE!

Carlee Wallace was ranked one of the top 15 players IN THE COUNTRY her senior season in high school. I think she was ranked #11. She committed to Clint Myers and his staff while they were at Arizona State. When Myers took the job at Auburn, she followed him here. She's a great player.

The coaching is just outstanding. And the girls execute so well. It's such a good kind of chemistry going on all the way around.

I actually thought the decision to keep Davis out there as long as they did wasn't the right one. Who knows what happens if Wallace comes in earlier. However, that meant that the game going to extras was harder on UT since they put their ace in earlier. It all worked out well for AU though!

Holy crap. I'm exhausted after that. Isn't this terrific to have a game thread for a softball game and have so many coming in and participating. What a great time to be an Auburn fan. War Eagle!!!

War Eagle, ladies. Hung tough when it looked bad, came back to tie it, then 2 clutch hits to win it. Congrats ladies and coaches. Great win and our first softball championship. Let's keep it going.

Coach Myers is a leader in every sense of the word. Just watching him this year, he knows when to talk to a player, when to leave her be; when to be in your face and when to be understanding and encouraging. His players have bought in from day 1 last year. He didn't need a year or two to phase in "his" players or phase out those players not buying in. He just needed a team that was willing to work their tails off and he'd develop them into champions. And now, just two seasons in, he has. Love this team. Love this coach. Congrats ladies, on becoming the champions we all knew you were. WDE!

Coach Myers is a leader in every sense of the word. Just watching him this year, he knows when to talk to a player, when to leave her be; when to be in your face and when to be understanding and encouraging. His players have bought in from day 1 last year. He didn't need a year or two to phase in "his" players or phase out those players not buying in. He just needed a team that was willing to work their tails off and he'd develop them into champions. And now, just two seasons in, he has. Love this team. Love this coach. Congrats ladies, on becoming the champions we all knew you were. WDE!

I see what you are doing there, and I agree 100%. The guy knows how to be old school and new school at the same time. He's a gem and I hope he's grooming the coaches he's got with him to do the same so when he retires in a few years, there will be another like him to keep it going.

I think I was as happy that AU won as I was that those UT fans finally stopped getting all the TV time. I don't think they showed more than 3 AU fans and one of them looked like he was bored. Thanks ESPN.

I think I was as happy that AU won as I was that those UT fans finally stopped getting all the TV time. I don't think they showed more than 3 AU fans and one of them looked like he was bored. Thanks ESPN.

I was just sick of hearing them yelling. Guess Auburn shut that noise down finally.

Archived