Softball vs. Tennessee - Tournament Championship

I think I was as happy that AU won as I was that those UT fans finally stopped getting all the TV time. I don't think they showed more than 3 AU fans and one of them looked like he was bored. Thanks ESPN.

I was just sick of hearing them yelling. Guess Auburn shut that noise down finally.

They were partying hard right up until the bottom of the 7th. :laugh:

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I was as happy that AU won as I was that those UT fans finally stopped getting all the TV time. I don't think they showed more than 3 AU fans and one of them looked like he was bored. Thanks ESPN.

I was just sick of hearing them yelling. Guess Auburn shut that noise down finally.

I'm all for fans enjoying their team and how the game is going, but the dancing... wow... that was bad. Probably not much of it going on now though.

The Champs! Love it! Toomers getting rolled 2night (not the oaks).

The coaching is just outstanding. And the girls execute so well. It's such a good kind of chemistry going on all the way around.

I actually thought the decision to keep Davis out there as long as they did wasn't the right one. Who knows what happens if Wallace comes in earlier. However, that meant that the game going to extras was harder on UT since they put their ace in earlier. It all worked out well for AU though!

Really good ball players have a way of covering for coaching mistakes. WDE ladies!

I'm all for fans enjoying their team and how the game is going, but the dancing... wow... that was bad. Probably not much of it going on now though.

Yeah, lady vols dancing in the 7th, but look who is dancing now!

Yeah, lady vols dancing in the 7th, but look who is dancing now!

I wanted, so much, for ESPN to show those dancing morons when we won! So glad to shut that bunch up!

War Eagle, congrats ladies! I dont really watch softball but was on the edge of my seat tonight. That Carosone can flat-out hit...ice water in her veins. Great win! First SEC Tourney Champ for AU, now how bout first National Championship?

What a game! Just wonderful to see them keep fighting, game after game. I've loved watching them all season. Now for the NCAA tournament! War Eagle!

I wish I could have been there for this game! What an incredible job by our coaches and these ladies! WAR EAGLE, LADY TIGERS!! SEC CHAMPS!!

SO PROUD of our lady tigers!

What a sharp team- hitting, fielding, pitching, catching. Great coaches and great young women working hard. Very proud of them. WDE

What a sharp team- hitting, fielding, pitching, catching. Great coaches and great young women working hard. Very proud of them. WDE

Yep when you have a bunch of .400 hitters the team is almost never out of a game. Even with Howard, the team's lead-off hitter having an off night, there was plenty of power and pure hitting skill elsewhere to make up for it.

And those Vol ladies got a good lesson last night....dancing around outside their dugout in the 6th after they had taken the lead.....as if the game was over. With Auburn's roster of of hitters a game is rarely over before the last one them had been retired.

Looking forward to seeing the show tonight for our opponents next week.....but I expect we have not seen the last of some of these SEC teams like Bama and UT...or LSU.....as they are likely to turn up in our bracket between now and Oklahoma City. Should be fun.

Great win for the ladies. Really hated to see how much time bspn spent showing the ut girl that committed the error. Not right to show her over and over. Think of her parents and friends. But that is how bspn works. Anything for sensationalism and to keep the error in everyone's mind so we know that AU got lucky as one sporstscaster for bspn said this morning on a recap show.

Yep when you have a bunch of .400 hitters the team is almost never out of a game. Even with Howard, the team's lead-off hitter having an off night, there was plenty of power and pure hitting skill elsewhere to make up for it.

That is one of the great things about this team, no consistent weakness, when one part of the line-up is down, another part picks it up. And I think the overall slump that we have seen lately (Bama, LSU,Tourney) is overall and back to the offense from earlier in the season. Time to win the NCAA and this comeback shows you don't count out these TIGERS!

Great win for the ladies. Really hated to see how much time bspn spent showing the ut girl that committed the error. Not right to show her over and over. Think of her parents and friends. But that is how bspn works. Anything for sensationalism and to keep the error in everyone's mind so we know that AU got lucky as one sporstscaster for bspn said this morning on a recap show.

Agreed. These women are not professionals.

Really have to hand it to those girls. They looked beat down from the 4th-6th. But it only took a tiny spark and they believed again. I should have never doubted. Gabriel had me thinking AU wasn't going to have a shot, but like Rocky IV, they just had to get the first cut in and things would turn around. What a great season for Coach Myers. He took a program that was down, down and took those players and won an SEC Championship in his second season. On to the NCAAs!

I forgive you jared...

Great win now on to the next victim.........oops not one for the SEC crown

Posted the link on the previous page but couldn't figure out how to embed the video. Thanks, as always, for the pics.

Auburn always wins by luck according to bspn.

That girl was crying in the dugout after that play. I wish bspn would leave her alone. She's just a kid.

I was tired of it too. The cameras kept showing the fans AND the players dancing around chanting whatever it is they were chanting. The thing is they were doing outside the dugout. The fans doing it is one thing. They are just enjoying the game (and they were enjoying it between the 4th and the top of the 7th) but its extremely arrogant on the part of the players to get out there and do all that dancing around. They were even doing a group choreographed whatever that was between half innings down the foul lines too at one point.

I'm more disappointed that their coach allows them to do that kind of thing in the first place. Everything Auburn was doing, chanting, cheering, was all confined to the dugout. Those over the top antics can really make you not want to watch the sport unless you have a solid vested interest in one of the teams participating. it was almost worse than the uaters coming out of the dugout and leading cheers with their fans when they were at Auburn a few weeks ago. Save the celebration and dancing crap for the fans.

I realize Auburn probably didn't have many fans there specifically to cheer Auburn on, but every time something good happened for tennessee they showed those dancing morons. Rarely did we see an Auburn fan celebrating anything.

Archived