Dominos pushes back against menu rules from FDA

It's not a non issue. It's exactly that sort of attitude, the " oh, it's just one tiny regulation" which pissed me off. The govt has zero role to play in this matter.

None.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a non issue. It's exactly that sort of attitude, the " oh, it's just one tiny regulation" which pissed me off. The govt has zero roll to play in this matter.

None.

"No roll!!"

And frozen pizzas sold in grocery stores aren't affected by this reg, so it's a moot point.

There is almost, almost... too much stupid in this thread.

If you don't think ingredients and their various properties are important to let people know about... I have some really healthy cigarettes to sell ya. Don't worry if I'm telling the truth or just trying to sell a product, you don't have the right to know what you are actually buying.

BTW AURaptors post above is insanely like the democratic arguments against freeing the slaves, I wonder if he did it on purpose?

"If the government can take the tool that is the Negro away from the working man, then next he will take the Ox, the Mule, and the Spade."

There is almost, almost... too much stupid in this thread.

The theme in this forum is that there can never be enough stupid in a thread. Whenever you think the pinnacle has been reached, someone will always contribute more.

And frozen pizzas sold in grocery stores aren't affected by this reg, so it's a moot point.

better-4u-pizza-nutrition-facts.jpg

Such a burdensome regulation. Oh how will they ever survive.

Yep. It's already killed the frozen pizza business. Oh, wait..... ;D

Huh ? Your response makes no sense. Frozen pizza ? What stores do they have ?

Please, do try and keep up.

Pretty much any retail grocery.

You seemed confused about my point. Do I need to explain?

"A bipartisan bill introduced in the House by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R., Wash.) would give businesses more flexibility in complying with the calorie rule, and allow restaurants that primarily rely on carry out orders to display their calories online."

I'm with Raptor on this one. I appreciate congress stepping in and addressing this obvious overreach. Please call your congressman in support of (HR 4978-00815-67) The Pizza Exemption Act of 2015.

That's not the regulation, so your point is missed.

Try again.

Yep. It's already killed the frozen pizza business. Oh, wait..... ;D/>

Yes, please do.

That's not the regulation, so your point is missed.

Try again.

The poor frozen pizza companies are already burdened by an equivalent regulation. Such a hardship. :-\

Ben - you're missing the point, by a very large margin.

It's no where near equivalent or remotely comparable .

The pizza chain has aggressively fought against the rule, which originated in Obamacare and requires every menu board in a restaurant to list the calories for every menu item, calling the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) policy “impossible to comply.”

Yep. It's already killed the frozen pizza business. Oh, wait..... ;D/>

Yes, please do.

You implied that this regulation will destroy the pizza industry, but it doesn't seem to have any affect on the frozen pizza industry at all.

So what is it about fresh pizzas that makes that industry vulnerable while the frozen pizza industries just take it stride?

Ben - you're missing the point, by a very large margin.

It's no where near equivalent or remotely comparable .

The pizza chain has aggressively fought against the rule, which originated in Obamacare and requires every menu board in a restaurant to list the calories for every menu item, calling the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) policy "impossible to comply."

But that's not true. What is so different about frozen pizzas that makes it possible to comply?

Homie - your last 2 posts prove you don't understand the issue.

Well, then you explain it to me.

Why is this a threat to the fresh pizza industry and not the frozen pizza industry?

It's not a non issue. It's exactly that sort of attitude, the " oh, it's just one tiny regulation" which pissed me off. The govt has zero roll to play in this matter.

None.

"No roll!!"

How many calories in that roll?

It's P I Z Z A !!!

Well, then you explain it to me.

Why is this a threat to the fresh pizza industry and not the frozen pizza industry?

Calorie info is already available , by the slice. That's NOT what this reg is about. Try reading the linked article if you need it explained.

Archived