Dominos pushes back against menu rules from FDA

What an horrific overreach to provide information so people can make informed decisions about what they choose to eat.

It isn't any business of the FDA to be worrying about things like this. We have millions of these very type edicts coming down from on high all the time and it's strangling the economy. I'm sick and tired of the nannies in Washington treating people like they can't make an decision on their own, that they can't live their own life without some "smart" person telling them how to do every little thing.

Nobody is telling you what to eat. Just giving folks info on their choices.

It's PIZZA, dumbass. Eat it or don't.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an horrific overreach to provide information so people can make informed decisions about what they choose to eat.

It isn't any business of the FDA to be worrying about things like this. We have millions of these very type edicts coming down from on high all the time and it's strangling the economy. I'm sick and tired of the nannies in Washington treating people like they can't make an decision on their own, that they can't live their own life without some "smart" person telling them how to do every little thing.

I can make my own damn choice without the help of some idiot in Washington mandating that the business put up the calories in every single ingredient in a pizza. They and evidently you think we're all too stupid too think for ourselves and incapable of figuring all this out for ourselves. If you don't know that pizza is loaded with calories then that's on you.

I can make my own damn choice without the help of some idiot in Washington mandating that the business put up the calories in every single ingredient in a pizza. They and evidently you think we're all too stupid too think for ourselves and incapable of figuring all this out for ourselves. If you don't know that pizza is loaded with calories then that's on you.

Information really makes you angry.

You're such a rude idiot.

Wooo ! I need the govt to tell me if pizza is fattening or not ! I might have celery sticks, or a deep dish pizza... hmm.

Oh daddy govt ! What ever shall I do ?

I see no problem especially for dominos. They admit only 1.5% of orders come from menus inside the store anyway. So post it. I also agree it may not make a difference for many people.

They post it online. They don't need to put it in the stores. This is an added expense that will be passed on to the consumer, just like every other lame brained idea that comes from the clueless in Washington.

expense of a poster taped on the wall of info they already know? you are exaggerating this.

Then start your own pizza chain and you do it.

It's not A poster in A store. The cost of putting all this on a poster and distributing it all across the country to every store , regardless of what % it cuts into the net, is too much. Why ? Because it's totally unnecessary.

Dominoes went into business to make pizzas. Not posters.

BS they have tons of shat posted all over the place now, in every restaurant. kinkos or Xerox would charge about a buck apiece.. Cost is not the problem.

:laugh:/>

They have ADVERTISING posters! To SELL PIZZAS ( and what ever the hell else they sell now )

Nutrition posters aren't gonna get any return on their money. Hell, if anything, they'll be a net loss.

It'll drive folks away from buying deserts and what not. Good grief.

now you get it.

Subway posts all calorie content on everything they offer. They ain't griping about the cost. Ruby Tuesday menus does the same.

Subway posts all calorie content on everything they offer. They ain't griping about the cost. Ruby Tuesday menus does the same.

Yep. They did so by CHOICE, and no nanny state bureaucracy telling them what to do or how to do it.

omg...if they only knew how many calories were in that pizza , they'd have a salad instead !

I see no problem especially for dominos. They admit only 1.5% of orders come from menus inside the store anyway. So post it. I also agree it may not make a difference for many people.

They post it online. They don't need to put it in the stores. This is an added expense that will be passed on to the consumer, just like every other lame brained idea that comes from the clueless in Washington.

expense of a poster taped on the wall of info they already know? you are exaggerating this.

It's not A poster in A store. The cost of putting all this on a poster and distributing it all across the country to every store , regardless of what % it cuts into the net, is too much. Why ? Because it's totally unnecessary.

Yeah! It's not like they were already printing advertising posters and menus, right? :rolleyes:

These government programs that are trying to combat obesity are useless as long as the ingredients for a freaking salad costs three times what a pizza at the grocery store costs. Start driving down costs for healthy food and then you may get my respect.

BS they have tons of shat posted all over the place now, in every restaurant. kinkos or Xerox would charge about a buck apiece.. Cost is not the problem.

:laugh:

They have ADVERTISING posters! To SELL PIZZAS ( and what ever the hell else they sell now )

Nutrition posters aren't gonna get any return on their money. Hell, if anything, they'll be a net loss.

It'll drive folks away from buying deserts and what not. Good grief.

Yep. It's already killed the frozen pizza business. Oh, wait..... ;D

Information really makes you angry.

(It's obviously very stressful. ;) )

These government programs that are trying to combat obesity are useless as long as the ingredients for a freaking salad costs three times what a pizza at the grocery store costs. Start driving down costs for healthy food and then you may get my respect.

There can also be wide variation among pizzas. And once they start listing calories and sodium , watch them decide to offer a great variety of choices. A thin crust pizza, easy on the cheese can be 1/3 the calories of some other choices. Give consumers information and let them decide. It's amazing what some folks get all worked up over.

Yep. It's already killed the frozen pizza business. Oh, wait..... ;D

Huh ? Your response makes no sense. Frozen pizza ? What stores do they have ?

Please, do try and keep up.

Yep. It's already killed the frozen pizza business. Oh, wait..... ;D/>

It makes sense to reasonably intelligent people.

I think labeling is important....consumer information.

It's more useless when you consider the FDA allows all kinds of crap in our food that other countries either banned or require warning labels is included in the ingredients. Problem is those ingredients is what makes most our food so cheap.

<yawn>

This is a very good example of burying your head in the sand.

If Dominos was proud of their product, informing America about their product would seem to be second nature.

McDonalds has been doing this forever btw.

NO HARM, NO FOUL.

<yawn>

This is a very good example of burying your head in the sand.

If Dominos was proud of their product, informing America about their product would seem to be second nature.

McDonalds has been doing this forever btw.

NO HARM, NO FOUL.

Domino's has too, but not to the nanny state nth degree that the FDA is now requiring.

Those burying their head in the sand are those who are oblivious of the over reach of the Imperial Federal Govt.

Best not be including yourself in that group.

Frozen pizzas sold in a grocery store is entirely different than forcing a stand alone franchise to adhere to further, more idiotic and intrusive regulations.

What you clowns don't get is that once the regulations demand something, the govt can pretty much pick and choose as they wish what is or isn't in compliance.

Domino's already has that information available. Just not in the manner in which the nanny state is DEMANDING.

Guess what ? The govt didn't build that. It's not theirs to control.

Best not be including yourself in that group.

Frozen pizzas sold in a grocery store is entirely different than forcing a stand alone franchise to adhere to further, more idiotic and intrusive regulations.

What you clowns don't get is that once the regulations demand something, the govt can pretty much pick and choose as they wish what is or isn't in compliance.

Domino's already has that information available. Just not in the manner in which the nanny state is DEMANDING.

Guess what ? The govt didn't build that. It's not theirs to control.

What do you mean by "stand alone franchise."

Sorry, while this may outrage someone that the Feds are involved, in reality, good business would assume you were doing it already.

This is kind of like the Feds making you make a good product. If you werent making a good product, you will be out of business shortly.

While i can understand the nuisance factor here, it is in reality a non-issue.

NO HARM, NO FOUL.

Archived