2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

He can play wherever he goes. Maybe not start at some programs but get ample playing time. And everyone needs DL. And he can probably start at Michigan as well as AU.

I agree.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can play wherever he goes. Maybe not start at some programs but get ample playing time. And everyone needs DL. And he can probably start at Michigan as well as AU.

Thanks for the insight, Jim.

All true, and nothing in my post said anything to the contrary.

Announced he would be in Auburn for the iron bowl on a visit.

Along with every other D1 Auburn/Alabama target in the country.

We need our bagmen in tip top shape then.

We need our bagmen in tip top shape then.

I'll be in tipsey tipsey shape for sure

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he'll make his commitment to Auburn before the uat game.

Joking right? The last seven or so.CBS have been for UM. That combined with UM's impressive play means hard pull for the good guys.

I think his man crush on Michigan wins out. Harbaugh is having a helluva year. I think we all now know why Saban was pissed he held his camp in Alabama.

Saban is always pissed. What is new? And Gary lives in NJ.

I think his man crush on Michigan wins out. Harbaugh is having a helluva year. I think we all now know why Saban was pissed he held his camp in Alabama.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/04/21/michigan-football-recruiting-rashan-gary/26116215/

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/04/21/michigan-football-recruiting-rashan-gary/26116215/

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/04/23/michigan-football-rashan-gary/26243639/

His former high school coach is the recruiting coordinator at UM...

yep

It might not matter in the long run, but I'll bet Michigan loses their DC before their bowl game (unless it's in the playoff). He's probably on everyone's short list for HC openings, and a lot of new HCs like to get a leg up on their staff, recruiting, etc.

WDE!

It might not matter in the long run, but I'll bet Michigan loses their DC before their bowl game (unless it's in the playoff). He's probably on everyone's short list for HC openings, and a lot of new HCs like to get a leg up on their staff, recruiting, etc.

WDE!

D.J. Durkin has a total of 3 years of experience as a DC. I seriously doubt that any significant program will look his way for a HC position.

WDE!

D.J. Durkin has a total of 3 years of experience as a DC. I seriously doubt that any significant program will look his way for a HC position.

Oh c'mon, you don't think the Trojans are already putting out feelers?

WDE!

Oh c'mon, you don't think the Trojans are already putting out feelers?

Pruit @ UGA only has 3 years experience and he's being talked about as a HC somewhere.

WDE!

You doubt things? I wasn't aware.

WDE!

Good vision and good motor.

Needs to stay lower and not tackle with his arms so much. He looks amazingly slim for his size. That's encouraging. Someone like Muschamp would make this kid excellent but I don't think he's an immediate impact player. If he were an early enrollee then sure but theres some technique that has to change.

Would love to get this young man though.

Needs to stay lower and not tackle with his arms so much. He looks amazingly slim for his size. That's encouraging. Someone like Muschamp would make this kid excellent but I don't think he's an immediate impact player. If he were an early enrollee then sure but theres some technique that has to change.

Gary is the number 1'ranked kid in HS football this year. He will get playing time as a freshman.

Pruit @ UGA only has 3 years experience and he's being talked about as a HC somewhere.

And? Lashlee has been talked about as a HC 'somewhere' as well.

A guy like Durkin isn't getting anything better than a low-tier HC job. Therefore why would he leave a great situation at Michigan where they are booming right now (while he's coaching under a top-tier head coach) to go coach at some mid-major? He wouldn't.

Gary is the number 1'ranked kid in HS football this year. He will get playing time as a freshman.

playing time yes but not an immediate starter. Similar to Cowart'a playing time so far.

Archived