2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

Pruit @ UGA only has 3 years experience and he's being talked about as a HC somewhere.

And? Lashlee has been talked about as a HC 'somewhere' as well.

A guy like Durkin isn't getting anything better than a low-tier HC job. Therefore why would he leave a great situation at Michigan where they are booming right now (while he's coaching under a top-tier head coach) to go coach at some mid-major? He wouldn't.

Yeah, because coordinators never leave a big school for a HC job at a mid-major (McElwain to CSU; Chad Morris to SMU; Diaco to Uconn; Chuck Martin to Miami (OH); Philip Montgomery to Tulsa; Mike Bobo to CSU; or Tom Herman to Houston). But I guess Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Georgia, and Baylor are programs from which an assistant coach would really want to distance themselves. :rolleyes:

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep hoping he goes to a Michigan and gets hit by a Mid-western cold front but then I remember he is from NJ so is used to the cold. I think climate does help us in keeping some our southern players home.

Michigan feels confident Gary will sign with them.

But how's their food?

Not sure about the food, but there is a little more to the Gary story this AM. It's been posted on SECRANT that we are recruiting a receiver on Gary's team. He is a 6'3.5" kid. He has been friends with Gary since middle school and would like to play with him in college. He is currently a 3*. His name is Donald Stewart. Lance Thompson is recruiting him; no offer yet, but Lance is talking to him a lot. The kid is apparently smart and has a offers from Michigan and Stanford.

Michigan feels confident Gary will sign with them.

But how's their food?

Not sure about the food, but there is a little more to the Gary story this AM. It's been posted on SECRANT that we are recruiting a receiver on Gary's team. He is a 6'3.5" kid. He has been friends with Gary since middle school and would like to play with him in college. He is currently a 3*. His name is Donald Stewart. Lance Thompson is recruiting him; no offer yet, but Lance is talking to him a lot. The kid is apparently smart and has a offers from Michigan and Stanford.

I'm pretty sure AU has offered this kid.

Miami has their hands full because they have no head coach. Their 2016 recruiting will go down.

Think you are confusing your UM's.

Mmmmmmhhhuu ....

• 2 weeks later...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Mother-of-No-1-prospect-Gary-talks-recruiting-41132554

When Jennifer Coney visited Auburn this summer with her son, 5-star defensive tackle and No. 1 overall recruit Rashan Gary of Paramus Catholic (N.J.), Jennifer Coney at first wasn't impressed with the Tigers' academic presentation.

"They showed us a video, the day in the life of a football player," Coney told the SEC Recruiting Buzz podcast. "At the end, I was so unimpressed, they said, 'Are you okay?' I said, 'This is not what I came down here for.' "

But after making her feelings known, the program responded and turned a negative into a positive.

Before long she was meeting with multiple advisors. And, that response left a strong impression.

"We went out to lunch and by the time we came back, everyone from the academic staff was there," Coney said. "And they broke it down for me. ... They just went out of there way to get anything I asked for. Pleasantly and thoroughly and that was impressive to me."

Coney will return to Auburn next weekend with her son for the Iron Bowl. It will be an official visit. Previously, he has officially visited Michigan. This weekend, he will official to Ole Miss. Southern California will get an official, too, leaving one spot open.

The final official will go to either Alabama, Georgia or LSU. Clemson is another program still in the hunt.

I know the guy that made that video that Ms. Coney describes. This was his earlier work that received great acclaim:

Man, all of a sudden I feel like watching Threes Company. That was a great show! :)

I know the guy that made that video that Ms. Coney describes. This was his earlier work that received great acclaim:

Man, all of a sudden I feel like watching Threes Company. That was a great show! :)

Early shows were good...come and knock on our door

Haha. That's great stuff. Such talent!

Archived