2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

fwiw: Muschamp calls Rashan Gary's Mother today. She had called him a "pure liar" after his statements in his 11/30 in home visit. He says USC hadn't contacted him until 12/3.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/will_muschamp_calls_upset_mother_rashan_gary_jennifer_coney.html

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fwiw: Muschamp calls Rashan Gary's Mother today. She had called him a "pure liar" after his statements in his 11/30 in home visit. He says USC hadn't contacted him until 12/3.

http://www.al.com/au...ifer_coney.html

Interesting.

So, he wasn't called until Dec. 3. But are we really supposed to believe neither he nor his agent contacted South Carolina soon after Spurrier resigned?

Apparently we are. :whistle:

http://www.al.com/au...ifer_coney.html

Interesting.

So, he wasn't called until Dec. 3. But are we really supposed to believe neither he nor his agent contacted South Carolina soon after Spurrier resigned?

Apparently we are. :whistle:

I heard Muschamp said that 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary, too.

I think this is an opportunity for Gus to really invest in Gary and his family. From what it sounds like, we have/had a decent chance to land Gary, but the Muschamp situation might have caused a strain, and the head coach might be the only one who can patch up the relationship.

I think this is an opportunity for Gus to really invest in Gary and his family. From what it sounds like, we have/had a decent chance to land Gary, but the Muschamp situation might have caused a strain, and the head coach might be the only one who can patch up the relationship.

Ditto. A little TLC never hurt.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd give up a few coaches well before giving up Rodney. Our DL improved by leaps and bounds from 2012 to 2013, and they improved a lot this year over last year. Anyone that questions whether he can coach should look at the development of Devaroe Lawrence. That was Rodney's guy and a pure project. He might take Adams' job next year if Monty doesn't show up with his hard hat on. Garner can coach.

I'd give up a few coaches well before giving up Rodney. Our DL improved by leaps and bounds from 2012 to 2013, and they improved a lot this year over last year. Anyone that questions whether he can coach should look at the development of Devaroe Lawrence. That was Rodney's guy and a pure project. He might take Adams' job next year if Monty doesn't show up with his hard hat on. Garner can coach.

I agree

I agree

Add to that the great recruiting job he and Thompson have done we need to keep Garner.

Did I read too much into his comments about LSU? "They got coach O and that's who I'm going to be spending most of my time with, so everythings gonna be good."

Gary was thrown off a bit when Will Muschamp left Auburn to become South Carolina's coach. At the time of the interview, it had not been made official that

Kevin Steele would be leaving LSU to become Auburn's defensive coordinator.

"I had to stop for a minute," Gary said. "I had to think about who they're going to hire and how that's going to affect me and it didn't change how I thought about them. They're still family to me."

Auburn, like every other college in America, can offer early playing time to Gary.

"I come in, work hard and I can play defensive end for them," Gary said. "Nothing's given to you, you've got to work for it.

"You see me out here today and I play both, in college I'm going to have that mixture of end and defensive tackle."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/nations_no_1_prospect_rashan_g.html

Gary was thrown off a bit when Will Muschamp left Auburn to become South Carolina's coach. At the time of the interview, it had not been made official that

Kevin Steele would be leaving LSU to become Auburn's defensive coordinator.

"I had to stop for a minute," Gary said. "I had to think about who they're going to hire and how that's going to affect me and it didn't change how I thought about them. They're still family to me."

Auburn, like every other college in America, can offer early playing time to Gary.

"I come in, work hard and I can play defensive end for them," Gary said. "Nothing's given to you, you've got to work for it.

"You see me out here today and I play both, in college I'm going to have that mixture of end and defensive tackle."

http://www.al.com/sp...t_rashan_g.html

Gary will play next year at any college he picks. He's a stud. He is killing it at the all-star game practices. So is Clayton. >:(

I saw Gary's video with rivals regarding the Steele hire and I have to say that Gary looks like a momma's boy.

And as much as I feel like we are recruiting his outspoken mother, I am convinced that he is a momma's boy.

I saw Gary's video with rivals regarding the Steele hire and I have to say that Gary looks like a momma's boy.

And as much as I feel like we are recruiting his outspoken mother, I am convinced that he is a momma's boy.

But you would take him in a heartbeat, right?

If that confirms your personal suspicions, sure.

If not, nope.

If that confirms your personal suspicions, sure.

If not, nope.

You would actually not take the No.1 recruit who has totally dominated all the 4 and 5 stars he has faced during the season and at the All Star game because you think he is a momma's boy? Damn. I'm glad you're not our recruiting coordinator. And I mean no offense to you it that's your opinion.

Archived