2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

I don't know. The article came out today but imo garner could easily be like I'm not going anywhere. Hell Gus could have called and said we're going to have some changes but we want you here no matter what. Judging by Twitter the commits are just as surprised as anybody....there's nothing else to do right now but talk to recruits

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. The article came out today but imo garner could easily be like I'm not going anywhere. Hell Gus could have called and said we're going to have some changes but we want you here no matter what. Judging by Twitter the commits are just as surprised as anybody....there's nothing else to do right now but talk to recruits

My point is, it could have happened by the time this article was published, or shortly thereafter. We don't really know.

My point is, it could have happened by the time this article was published, or shortly thereafter. We don't really know.

We all agree...however she seemed more upset with Muschamp. Gus has some major problems to deal with...

and if you need to contact recruits then you contact the ones who are committed to you to try and save your defensive class, not some recruits mom who is uncommitted and seems to be favoring Michigan anyway.

Yeah it could have...But like I said judging by reactions off of Twitter today and last night nobody has talked to these recruits

Now this other article has come out and she says she wish she had Gus's number....Why don't she have it? This is the number 1 guy in the country in the position we need help at the most....why isn't the head coach involved being a closer??

Now this other article has come out and she says she wish she had Gus's number....Why don't she have it? This is the number 1 guy in the country in the position we need help at the most....why isn't the head coach involved being a closer??

Gus needs to call asap and tell her she can call him anytime.

Link to this other article.

Is her son making a decision today? Tomorrow ?

Is her son making a decision today? Tomorrow ?

I don't know when he wants to decide

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/mother_of_nations_no_1_recruit.html

http://www.al.com/au..._1_recruit.html

Didn't see anything about not having Gus number. Maybe I overlooked it. Reason I ask is all committed recruits have his number but I not sure about uncommitted. I would assume Gary to have since he is a high priority.

Didn't see anything about not having Gus number. Maybe I overlooked it. Reason I ask is all committed recruits have his number but I not sure about uncommitted. I would assume Gary to have since he is a high priority.

It's the wrong link. I can't find it. The phone statement was the last sentence of the article

I don't he's going to USC .

That sucks. No excuse. Period.

Not so sure. This seems like entitlement. Her opinion on internal business is not required. Why would anyone call a recruits mother if they don't know for sure or have a back up plan to discuss? Seriously, 'Hey mom, we're losing our DC and I don't have a plan yet?'

That type of thinking right there...what is the first thing everybody thought about? Recruiting. Hopefully you asked muschamp what he said or for notes on the trip. When you know he might be leaving you don't call and reassure he's a priority? Why not? Turns out Michigan did as far as durkin leaving. What did they say? They haven't hired anybody yet. And if nothing else it makes you stand out. That's just the way I think and I'd think we'd be very detailed with our recruiting since it's your life blood of your program.

And I'm not downing anybody I'm just saying it is what it is the people that are here need to do extra right now. We need a good class

That sucks. No excuse. Period.

Not so sure. This seems like entitlement. Her opinion on internal business is not required. Why would anyone call a recruits mother if they don't know for sure or have a back up plan to discuss? Seriously, 'Hey mom, we're losing our DC and I don't have a plan yet?'

Hey....that's easy...tell her...

"as you probably know, we just lost our DC who is taking a HC job elsewhere. We are going to make a thorough study and bring in a top DC who will continue to help us improve our defensive performance. We think your son is the kind of player we need to take that next step. You have my phone number...call me anytime you have questions or want to know what's going on with our search"

See....that's all it takes.

Not Gus's, she wished she had Muschamp's number because she wasn't too happy with him.

I'm pretty sure she said she wished she had Gus number. She said she haven't heard anything from us since muschamp's last visit. Also she has to be interested in us to even care. Hope we don't blow it.

I'm pretty sure she said she wished she had Gus number. She said she haven't heard anything from us since muschamp's last visit. Also she has to be interested in us to even care. Hope we don't blow it.

It's right there in the 24/7 VIP link you posted, she wished she had Muschamps number.

That type of thinking right there...what is the first thing everybody thought about? Recruiting. Hopefully you asked muschamp what he said or for notes on the trip. When you know he might be leaving you don't call and reassure he's a priority? Why not? Turns out Michigan did as far as durkin leaving. What did they say? They haven't hired anybody yet. And if nothing else it makes you stand out. That's just the way I think and I'd think we'd be very detailed with our recruiting since it's your life blood of your program.

I agree with Cole as soon as Will was mentioned as a possible HC at SC. At the least the coach who is head of recruiting should have had some type of communication plan in place to re-assure the recruits who have already said they would commit to Auburn and the ones who we are still trying to bring in. This is the era of Social Media a quick tweet and that as we get more information we will keep you informed. We still want you. Then time permitting phone calls.

Auburn recruiting may project the family atmosphere but it is still a business. In my family if something was happening in my family I would communicate that information to my family.

Archived