2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

Hey Gary, word around the water cooler is that Auburn just took on a guy who will be eating up a lot of double teams in the next couple years. You'd be in the cubicle right next to his. Just wanted to bounce that off you. Could be a lot of synergy with you guys.

Oh, by the way, there are some donuts in the break room.

You mean a future defensive line of Cowart, Russell, Gary and Davidson ? Oh yeah, I think AU fans could get use to that.

If they all pan out as hyped/hoped....that would be like video game level crazy awesome. haha, bring it on

War Damn Eagle

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Gary, word around the water cooler is that Auburn just took on a guy who will be eating up a lot of double teams in the next couple years. You'd be in the cubicle right next to his. Just wanted to bounce that off you. Could be a lot of synergy with you guys.

Oh, by the way, there are some donuts in the break room.

You mean a future defensive line of Cowart, Russell, Gary and Davidson ? Oh yeah, I think AU fans could get use to that.

If they all pan out as hyped/hoped....that would be like video game level crazy awesome. haha, bring it on

War Damn Eagle

Don't forget Prince Tega. A year of training and I could see him being downright nasty.

Feels like slim odds either way with Russell, Swain, and Lawrence all returning. But non-starters get tons of snaps. Just ask Cowart.

Feels like slim odds either way with Russell, Swain, and Lawrence all returning. But non-starters get tons of snaps. Just ask Cowart.

You hit the nail on the head it is about PT not starting. You sell PT and the possibility to earn Starter status if you can beat out the starter as the year progresses.

If Adams goes to the NFL he has a chance to start if not there's no way in hell

He's not pigeon holed at DT. He could play DE as well. In fact if he was rated as a DE he would still be a top 10 player in the nation id not still #1 by some.

Yeah, I could buy that with his quick first step. Even so, after seeing Kennion, Cowart, and Holland (who I think is destined for a DE role), I'm skeptical about any true freshman starting on the 2016 defensive line. That's just my very, very early take coupled with my skeptical view of any true freshman starting at any position.

Yeah, I could buy that with his quick first step. Even so, after seeing Kennion, Cowart, and Holland (who I think is destined for a DE role), I'm skeptical about any true freshman starting on the 2016 defensive line. That's just my very, very early take coupled with my skeptical view of any true freshman starting at any position.

FWIW most see Gary even more College ready mentally and with his versatility than even Coward was.

^If I remember correctly, one of the guys at the Rivals camp said Gary was easily the best defensive lineman they'd had there... ever. That includes Cowart and, if I'm not mistaken, Clowney.

This from national and Michigan 247 writer FWIW Steve-Wiltfong-Reply-39283201

Until I hear different, I think Auburn leads with LSU as the biggest challenger on this day.Alabama will certainly have a big say too.

This quote makes me think the Michigan writer doesn't really have a clue either. Gary seems to be keeping his recruitment a secret more than most recruits I have seen. Just a few months ago everyone had him going to Bama.

Until I hear different, I think Auburn leads with LSU as the biggest challenger on this day.Alabama will certainly have a big say too.

This quote makes me think the Michigan writer doesn't really have a clue either. Gary seems to be keeping his recruitment a secret more than most recruits I have seen. Just a few months ago everyone had him going to Bama.

Wilfong has been all over Gary's recruitment and has sources very close to Rashan. He may turn out to be wrong but his input is more valid than anyone elses.

Wilfong has been all over Gary's recruitment and has sources very close to Rashan. He may turn out to be wrong but his input is more valid than anyone elses.

Excellent! Now take a hike, E!

:wavey:

:wavey:/>

kind of like Batman. We need a symbol like the bat symbol that we can use to summon him.

kind of like Batman. We need a symbol like the bat symbol that we can use to summon him.

Well, I think we should give him a break. But is this what you had in mind?

10232901-fire-alphabets-in-flame-letter-e.jpg

Well, I think we should give him a break. But is this what you had in mind?

10232901-fire-alphabets-in-flame-letter-e.jpg

Yes! Awesome. Let's bring that back out around NSD.

Thanks, E!

• 3 weeks later...

He can play wherever he goes. Maybe not start at some programs but get ample playing time. And everyone needs DL. And he can probably start at Michigan as well as AU.

Archived