Petrino losing favor in L'ville

aubb2002

Other than obvious pay increase, I just don't understand why Petrino would want out of Louisville right now. He's almost assured of a BCS game next year with the move to the Big East, which could easily put UL in position to up his pay again, and increase his stock even more. It's sick that a million dollars a year isn't enough to keep someone at a job.

I agree. Money, money money.

He has a young qb. His talent level will remain steady. He doesn't need to be something he not.

He's not at a level of CTT or Nick Sabin. He doesn't play the competition.

134739[/snapback]

CTT is not on the level of Saban, yet anyways. 2 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship beats 1 SEC Championship and 2 SEC Co-West Championships in my book(and 99% of other football fans). Saban was also 39-13 (minus this year's bowl game) during his tenure at LSU. Not too shabby.

I think when Petrino accepts the LSU job we may get to see first hand how good a head coach BP is, we already know how good of an assistant he was while at AU.

:D

saban inherited a wealth of talent at lsu and the best he could do was pick a good year to go 12-1 and get a chance to play for the mnc.

CTT came to AU with the cupboards absolutely bare and has now pulled off an undefeated regular season. Something saban was incapable of.

Saban is a better x's and o's guy, but to say that he is a better head coach is very open for debate in much much more than 1% of college fb fans.

134739[/snapback]

CTT is not on the level of Saban, yet anyways. 2 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship beats 1 SEC Championship and 2 SEC Co-West Championships in my book(and 99% of other football fans). Saban was also 39-13 (minus this year's bowl game) during his tenure at LSU. Not too shabby.

I think when Petrino accepts the LSU job we may get to see first hand how good a head coach BP is, we already know how good of an assistant he was while at AU.

:D

134774[/snapback]

The only statistic that matters is Tubs is 3-2 against Saban in head-to-head competition. I say that puts him a notch up on Saban. :poke:

Don't ry to reason with raven guys. He is so hateful towards ctt that even 12-0 doesn't satisfy him. If that ain't miserable what is :lol: . Read between the lines on his post and it sounds like he is hoping that petrino will kick Au's butt and show us that he is a better coach than ctt. nuff said.

Don't ry to reason with raven guys. He is so hateful towards ctt that even 12-0 doesn't satisfy him. If that ain't miserable what is :lol: . Read between the lines on his post and it sounds like he is hoping that petrino will kick Au's butt and show us that he is a better coach than ctt. nuff said.

134787[/snapback]

I just think Tubby is an average coach, great recruiter, average coach. I think his overall record bears this out. This was the same coach that led AU last year to an 8-5 finish. Same coach this year, right? What was the difference, hum, let me think... Borges.

What makes him such a great coach this year and last year he was basically fired??? Above average coordinators. This was a great year, but I suspect that Tubby will be Tubby, and lapse back into his typical 3-4 loss average per year. That's his track record. Heck Petrino won 10 games sooner in his Head Coaching career than Tommy. :blink: I really think we should just enjoy this season, and hope that we don't lose Al or Gene anytime soon...

Cheers!

Not a fair assesment because CTT was at Ole Miss on probation.

BP walked right in with a nice talent assessment from John Smith.

Competition doesn't compare either

Not a fair assesment because CTT was at Ole Miss on probation.

BP walked right in with a nice talent assessment from John Smith.

Competition doesn't compare either

134811[/snapback]

We'll see. :big:

I would say that CTT is only as good as his OC and DC as far as X's and O's go. He is an OK recruiter who seems to have a knack for keeping his players under control, which is more important that most people realize. I like CTT at Auburn.

Petrino is an awesome offensive mastermind. His record shows it. He can also recruit very well, maybe not as good as Saban, who could be conisdered one of the best recuiters in college football.

I hope that Petrino doesn't wind up in the SEC unless he is at Auburn. He is better that all these other hyped coaching prospects.

I really don't think any coach could have done much better than CTT has since arriving at AU. Oboviously it takes good coaches and coordinators to make it all work. Saban won the SEC against UT only because AU folded during the later part of the season. We were 6-0 when the fall began. Again, talent, depth and injuries were the issue in CTT's third year. Saban has actually done less with more than CTT. Do you actually think that Saban is responsible for the way things turned out last year with the BCS? CTT did all any coach can do this year, win.

I have some issues with CTT's judgement at times especially the Nall case last year. Let Chow leave USC or Fisher leave LSU and things might be different. Overall, CTT has AU where we all wanted to be from the start. I have never been more proud of our players behavior than this year. I think we have a good situation now, better than most teams including LSU.

Archived