Jonathan Mincy - Falcons Minicamp

RunInRed

I just hope Mincy does not line up against Cooper on Sunday's.

I don't imagine most fans would want most CBs lined up in single man against the premiere receiver in whatever league their team plays in.

Cooper abused every cornerback in the SEC. Dude was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Vernon Hargreaves held his own, despite being pushed off most of the time in that game when he lined up against mr all world cooper. Lol

Suppose you'd want Coates over Cooper?

Yep, the alabama system won't work in the nfl.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't imagine most fans would want most CBs lined up in single man against the premiere receiver in whatever league their team plays in.

Cooper abused every cornerback in the SEC. Dude was the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Vernon Hargreaves held his own, despite being pushed off most of the time in that game when he lined up against mr all world cooper. Lol

Yeah, 10 catches, 200+ yards and three TDs

Amari+Cooper+Florida+v+Alabama+-_Ctwu5b8kfl.jpg

really held his own :-\/>

That's one play he won straight up. A goal line jump ball I may add. And for the record, those yds were NOT all on Hargreaves. Bama moved him away from Hargreaves when they needed a big play. Go back and watch

I watched. I remember very well. He made some big plays on Hargreaves. I'm not knockong VH, he did better than most, but lets not pretend like Cooper was shut down.

That's one play he won straight up. A goal line jump ball I may add. And for the record, those yds were NOT all on Hargreaves. Bama moved him away from Hargreaves when they needed a big play. Go back and watch

I watched. I remember very well. He made some big plays on Hargreaves. I'm not knockong VH, he did better than most, but lets not pretend like Cooper was shut down.

He NEVER beat Hargreaves deep, it was the other db he went deep on

He NEVER beat Hargreaves deep, it was the other db he went deep on

What's deep? I'm pretty sure he beat VH on a fade twice.

Of course we want Mincy to do well, but to say his play was anything but subpar last year is incorrect IMO. He was consistently getting picked on by opposing OC's. Yes, there are all kinds of things that went into that, so it's not ALL his fault. But he was certainly the fish of the defense.

Also getting in trouble just prior to his senior season, when he was supposed to be a leader, was a big SMH moment. And probably doesn't help his reputation.

Of course we want Mincy to do well, but to say his play was anything but subpar last year is incorrect IMO. He was consistently getting picked on by opposing OC's. Yes, there are all kinds of things that went into that, so it's not ALL his fault. But he was certainly the fish of the defense.

Also getting in trouble just prior to his senior season, when he was supposed to be a leader, was a big SMH moment. And probably doesn't help his reputation.

^^This^^

^^This^^

You guys who think that having weed makes one senior different than most just aren't keeping up with how things are. I mean no disrespect, but seriously, it could have been anybody on our (or any) team.

I was thinking about this earlier. Good for Mincy. Hope he makes the team.

was thinking the same thing, find it hard to understand how a true Auburn Fan can be that way.

Lol I totally forgot we as Auburn fans had to love every single player to walk Pat Dye field. Laughing because Mincy got signed by the Falcons because let's be honest he got abused last year doesn't make me any less of an Auburn fan. Get a grip my man.

Yep, he got abused by Cooper, Odell Beckham, Jr., Mike Evans... even got to go against Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin once each. He also went up against Jarvis Landry, Kevin Norwood, Donte Moncrief, Tyler Lockett once, Dorial Green-Beckham (a high first rounder in every respect other than how he acted off the field) once, Rashad Greene once... and those are just the dudes who have left school. Treadwell, Noil... I've belabored the point enough. A lot of those guys abuse(d) every CB they face.

We can also talk about the non-existent pass rush that was supposed to give opposing WRs less time to get open. And that his position coach and coordinator just got fired. And that he spent his first two years before them without any remotely decent coaching whatsoever.

Mincy was a warrior for Auburn. I just don't see the value in doing anything other than wishing him good luck.

Loof you make me hate myself

LOL, I was wondering how you were gonna respond to that, Clayton. Holy crap, hahahahaha

Landed hard on the floor b/c even the high horse I was sitting on fell over laughing.

PS- I'm not being sarcastic. You just made my day (and maybe made me get over myself... maybe).

:thumbsup:

^^This^^

You guys who think that having weed makes one senior different than most just aren't keeping up with how things are. I mean no disrespect, but seriously, it could have been anybody on our (or any) team.

I'm don't think that for a second but being dump enough to get caught

Of course we want Mincy to do well, but to say his play was anything but subpar last year is incorrect IMO.

The coaches of the SEC told you that your opinion is incorrect when they named Mincy to the second team of the All-SEC squad.

Seriously guys, where is all this hate coming from?

^^This^^

I'm don't think that for a second but being dump enough to get caught

Dumb or unlucky?

You ever driven while over the legal limit? I have. Never been caught. Am I dumb? Yes. But I'm lucky.

*Meant to add: and so are most of the people reading this post.

Are we just going to ignore this or

As a matter of fact...

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by war eagle6. View it anyway?

Golf said no petty bickering, or we don't get any cotton candy or koolaid, so ....

Which non-petty varieties of bickering are permissible? Asking for a friend.

Good question.

:dunno:

But keep in mind that cotton candy is on the line. So make sure it's serious bickering!

Which non-petty varieties of bickering are permissible? Asking for a friend.

Good question.

:dunno:/>

But keep in mind that cotton candy is on the line. So make sure it's serious bickering!

Lol

Good points all around, and if Mincy wants to smoke ganja, I have no problem with it. It's his body and he can do w.e he wants with it. But he should've been smarter assessing the circumstance. It can be classified as unlucky sure, but there's a certain age where you just know that rolling in a car is a bad move. Especially if you're getting your shirt "covered in shake" lol. He knew he had a higher profile and this was what? Within a few days after he visited an elementary school for an anti-drug campaign? Thats not a good look for him.

Not slamming the guy for what he did but there are certainly smarter ways to go about it.

Of course we want Mincy to do well, but to say his play was anything but subpar last year is incorrect IMO.

The coaches of the SEC told you that your opinion is incorrect when they named Mincy to the second team of the All-SEC squad.

You're right. But the "hate" is coming from his play. He was on lots of WRs highlights. If you happened to search "Mincy" on twitter during AU games you would see that this sentiment was not limited to AUF.

Good points all around, and if Mincy wants to smoke ganja, I have no problem with it. It's his body and he can do w.e he wants with it. But he should've been smarter assessing the circumstance. It can be classified as unlucky sure, but there's a certain age where you just know that rolling in a car is a bad move. Especially if you're getting your shirt "covered in shake" lol. He knew he had a higher profile and this was what? Within a few days after he visited an elementary school for an anti-drug campaign? Thats not a good look for him.

Not slamming the guy for what he did but there are certainly smarter ways to go about it.

Gotcha. That's totally fair. I was probably a bit overzealous in my previous responses to you and golf. I'm overly sensitive about folks slamming the players, so sometimes I respond to folks who weren't even doing that (see above). Always glad to see criticism offered without insult. WDE :thumbsup:

Gotcha. That's totally fair. I was probably a bit overzealous in my previous responses to you and golf. I'm overly sensitive about folks slamming the players, so sometimes I respond to folks who weren't even doing that (see above). Always glad to see criticism offered without insult. WDE :thumbsup:

Yes you were Loofus and it hurt my feelings. I'm a sensitive guy................................................so watch it numnuts

Yes you were Loofus and it hurt my feelings. I'm a sensitive guy................................................so watch it numnuts

:clap:

You're right. But the "hate" is coming from his play. He was on lots of WRs highlights. If you happened to search "Mincy" on twitter during AU games you would see that this sentiment was not limited to AUF.

No, the hate is coming from frustrations about the play of the defense, and he's just the one who garnered a vastly unfair amount of it. I saw mention of how much the issues with getting pressure on the QB had to do with the pass coverage earlier in this thread, and it befuddles me how few people understand that covering a receiver for even 5 full seconds is pretty danged difficult.

But here, let me break it down for those of you who still don't seem to get it: If the quarterback has all the time he wants to throw the ball, it doesn't matter how many people are covering because eventually one of the five receivers will get enough separation that making the completion becomes simple. After Carl Lawson went down, we had no one on the D-line with any kind of proven ability to get to the QB. Thus, to compensate, Ellis Johnson had to be creative with his blitz packages just to get heat in the backfield, and it worked for a while (remember being in the top 5 against TAMU? We were 7-1 at the time), but eventually the bubble burst. And when it did, everything else came crashing down with it.

Now, let us go back to your statement. It indicates your opinion is that because Auburn fans on other message boards besides just this one feel the same way about Mincy, you, and everyone else who is slamming him, are justified, even after I pointed out that the coaches (you know, the people who get paid to do the things that fans always seem to think they can do better) named him to the All-SEC Team.

That having been said, I agree with you that he should have been smarter than to have let himself get into the situation he did. I also agree that that situation has a lot to do with the negative opinions toward him...although I would argue most of those opinions were more because Auburn people didn't like that he besmirched the Tiger brand, not because they were concerned about him.

Nevertheless, don't you think it's time people start recognizing how much one single "mistake" like getting caught with weed neither defines him as a person nor has anything to do with his play on the field? Because once that happens, perhaps the blinders will fall off and people can stop questioning whether the Falcons lost their minds by signing a former Auburn player.

Archived