FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely

Maverick.AU

She punched him first......

i don't know the situation but she seemed unhappy with his presence. That was a shot she took and stayed up.

Funny thing is she cut in front of him....And she's unhappy with his presence then she raises her hands at him then punches him in his face.....somebody needs to sit down and talk to her as well....

yeah but we don't know what he said to her, he could have said **tch or wh*re and other insulting things before he pushed.

That's always why a "my bad" would have helped this dude out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know the situation but she seemed unhappy with his presence. That was a shot she took and stayed up.

Funny thing is she cut in front of him....And she's unhappy with his presence then she raises her hands at him then punches him in his face.....somebody needs to sit down and talk to her as well....

how did you get that? yea she could learn from it too but she didn't cut in front of him. She was already there and he was clearing out space pressing her into the bar. She might have thought he was fondling her either way she appeared to be defending herself.

how did you get that? yea she could learn from it too but she didn't cut in front of him. She was already there and he was clearing out space pressing her into the bar. She might have thought he was fondling her either way she appeared to be defending herself.

agree, not sure what video others were watching, but clearly he was pushing her into the bar, before she turned and told him something at which point he grabbed the bar with two hands and forced her over and into the bar again. He initiated the incident and then punched a woman in the face. Not to mention he had no reason to be in a bar to start with.

She wasn't already there she had a better angle because of the path the other girl from the bar leaving had. I don't see anywhere in the video you get the fondling from....He should get in trouble but she did more to instigate the situation than avoid it

lol, pretty sure they talked to her and that is why the state said that the video supports her story, stay classy

Yeah you ooze class lol

have a chunk of my ear ripped out when a woman punched me while i was trying to break up a fight between the two girls, never crossed my mind to punch her back, just saying. Brought up in a world where punching a girl was never right, guess we differ there.

She wasn't already there she had a better angle because of the path the other girl from the bar leaving had. I don't see anywhere in the video you get the fondling from....He should get in trouble but she did more to instigate the situation than avoid it

i said possibly. When a female is pressed against a bar from behind it could be perceived as fondling. Which would likely draw resistance. She could have handled it differently but he was the aggressor.

How much playing time was he supposed to get this fall? That'll tell you how long he will be suspended.

Pretty much none. With Golson on campus and Maguire as the backup he wasn't going to play unless there was absolute chaos

Just remembered that this is the same player who claimed if Francois committed to FSU (same class) he'd just be riding the bench so this situation doesn't surprised me. He came off like an arrogant jerk then; nothing has changed obviously.

Agree. She needs to take some ownership in this situation and face some charges and/or fines as well IMO. I still think it was wrong from him to throw a punch even though she did initiate the situation. As someone stated...she didn't pose a serious threat to him. Guys have a right to defend themselves just as much as women do but c'mon she was no threat at all. He should've just walked away.

He shouldn't have returned the punch. At the same time...i don't see her as a "victim" in this situation at all.

No that's not what I said, I wasn't talking to you, please shut up

. . . it's was just curiosity, but doesn't your avatar photo-thumb-37567.jpg?_r=1432062459 read ===>

“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”

How does this fit the feminist movement demanding equality in all things related to men. Are they raising hell because he struck a woman and is punished and the woman isn't even though she swung first? Doubtful. I'm all for women's rights but in cases like this, the hypocrisy is noted.

How does this fit the feminist movement demanding equality in all things related to men. Are they raising hell because he struck a woman and is punished and the woman isn't even though she swung first? Doubtful. I'm all for women's rights but in cases like this, the hypocrisy is noted.

things that make you go hmmm....

things that make you go hmmm....

It really does. I'm all for treating a woman like a fragile vase if that is what the women want, but it's a lose lose situation trying to appease the law and the feminists. I have been accused of being sexist for holding a door open for a woman, but by God I better treat that woman like a princess if she is slinging those three inch heels at me.

No that's not what I said, I wasn't talking to you, please shut up

. . . it's was just curiosity, but doesn't your avatar photo-thumb-37567.jpg?_r=1432062459 read ===>

“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”

I understand that completely but if you go back and read this guy started putting words in my mouth and started insisting that I was saying things such as it's ok to hit a woman....And you know how message boards go that could easily start a snowball effect then I'm stuck defending myself off a lie he told, I don't want to talk to a person like that but you can see I'm talking sensibly to another poster who I'm familiar with and who has more integrity than to do that

He shouldn't have returned the punch. At the same time...i don't see her as a "victim" in this situation at all.

That's all I'm saying

i said possibly. When a female is pressed against a bar from behind it could be perceived as fondling. Which would likely draw resistance. She could have handled it differently but he was the aggressor.

So this is how I see it. That one girl is leaving that's opening up a spot, they both are going for the spot, because of the path of the girl who's leaving the other girl gets there first but clearly she knows if not cutting she was racing somebody else for that spot.

Johnson is trying to avoid the girl who was leaving and the girl who raced him for the spot, he gets off balanced and he is somewhat being pushed himself. He does end up leaning against the other girl in this crowded bar. You can see how he uses both his hands to keep his balance and hold himself up.

The girl who was hit doesn't appreciate it and turn around and says words in an AGGRESSIVE manner. She then raises her hands in a AGGRESSIVE manner. Dude grabs her hand to nullify that threat. She knees him in his midsection AGGRESSIVELY, then punch him in his face AGGRESSIVELY (which if you read both articles neither one says and leaves out this information for whatever reason....) Then dude punches her. He shouldn't have hit her, definitely shouldn't hit her with such force, he needs to be held accountable for that. But he wasn't the aggressor in anyway.

That's all I'm saying

I def. agree with that.

So this is how I see it. That one girl is leaving that's opening up a spot, they both are going for the spot, because of the path of the girl who's leaving the other girl gets there first but clearly she knows if not cutting she was racing somebody else for that spot.

Johnson is trying to avoid the girl who was leaving and the girl who raced him for the spot, he gets off balanced and he is somewhat being pushed himself. He does end up leaning against the other girl in this crowded bar. You can see how he uses both his hands to keep his balance and hold himself up.

The girl who was hit doesn't appreciate it and turn around and says words in an AGGRESSIVE manner. She then raises her hands in a AGGRESSIVE manner. Dude grabs her hand to nullify that threat. She knees him in his midsection AGGRESSIVELY, then punch him in his face AGGRESSIVELY (which if you read both articles neither one says and leaves out this information for whatever reason....) Then dude punches her. He shouldn't have hit her, definitely shouldn't hit her with such force, he needs to be held accountable for that. But he wasn't the aggressor in anyway.

x2

Guys, I'm a woman and I'd like to give my perspective...

I watched the video several times. My first reaction to it was fear. The situation escalated quickly and I saw him grab her and then she threw a punch. I say my reaction was fear because of his grab. As a woman, if some man grabs me, my reaction will go to fear and I will fight to get away. That is what we are told in self defense classes... Strike and run.

I watched it a few more times... I do see where she did not handle the crowd and pushing very well and acted out of anger mixed with alcohol. I don't think she would have hit him if he never grabbed her hand... But you never know.

After watching it a few times I think I'm more upset over how none of those guys who witnessed it, helped her. Sad...

Bottom line... I'm sure alcohol played a part in it. She is not 100% innocent in this but regardless, real men do not hit women nor do they let others hit women. That is what my husband and I teach both my son and my daughter.

Archived