Auburn Mount Rushmore

ClaytonAU

So with the slow offseason leading up to Media Days, I thought it would be cool to start this thread. Saturday Down South recently did an article talking about who would be on their "SEC Mount Rushmore" Here's the article: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/belongs-secs-time-mount-rushmore basically, I was just wondering who would be your four Auburn men and women who'd be on "Auburn's Mount Rushmore". Mine personally would be: Bo Jackson, Shug, Lutz, and Cam. Mine are all football related, but there's no criteria. You can also say why you put them on. Have fun!

I will agree with Bo and Shug. I think you have to put Pat Dye on there. I'd also look at David Housel personally.

^^This^^ PatDye for sure..

My first thought when I saw this was a bit of a different direction than what was intended. I always like a play on words so my Mt Rushmore would have the 16 previous SEC leading rushers from AU, which is far and away more than any other SEC school. Mt. Rush More.

Jordan, Dye, Jackson, Marsh or Baird.

I'd go with one male, one female, coach and current athlete at AU:

Bo Jackson (football/baseball)

Ruthie Bolten (women's basketball)

Hal Baird (baseball)

Emily Carosone (softball)

Not very understanding of the Heisman inclusion. If you're going into the depths of history I think you put Donahue on there, not Heisman.

Not very understanding of the Heisman inclusion. If you're going into the depths of history I think you put Donahue on there, not Heisman.

ok :) have it your way

Aubie, Bo and Wade Christopher, and Kimberly Page.... in no particular order.

Sullivan, Bo, Shug, Dye. If you want more than 4, Cam and a host of others. If you want all sports, you gotta have swimmers and equestrian athletes, Ruthie, Sir Charles, and the Persons, heck, you better have a really big mountain.

Me, Shug, Tucker Fredrickson and Bo.

I vote Golf....though some idiot will question my record...

how do you not include Heisman? He is mentioned EVERY year in college football. Everyone knows who Heisman is. If he's that well known till this day and spent time in Auburn, I think he should be included.

No Bo with out Pat, so those 2 are a given.

Marsh ? ( 12 National Titles , 17 SEC titles )

Barkley ?

Shug ?

Heisman?

Tough call.

If we are talking about people who dominated the sport they were a part of, there's no way Swede Umbach isn't up there: "Arnold W. Umbach was born in the Oklahoma Territory in 1903, the son of Swedish immigrants. After coaching 14 years in Oklahoma high schools, Umbach joined the football staff of his former college coach, Carl Voyles, and accompanied him to Auburn in 1944. Beginning in 1946 and continuing for the next 27 years, Coach Umbach produced 25 championship teams in the Southeastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association. Umbach's Auburn Tigers won 249 dual meets, lost only 28, and tied five. During this period, he coached 127 conference champions and four national champions. Umbach's career was highlighted by Auburn University hosting the 1971 NCAA Wrestling Championship. Even without his amazing coaching record, Umbach who was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in 1981 would have been nationally recognized as one of the sport's most outstanding individuals."

I guess the question is: what is the criteria to make it up there?

Archived