Auburn #6 in the AP preseason Poll

vatz22au

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overrated = FSU and UGA

I like our spot at #6. Getting respect but still room to improve and still be in a slight underdog role.

**Every team ranked in the AP Top 10 except FSU will play a top 10 AP Poll ranked team...that's interesting. ---subject to change in season

**Auburn plays 5 Top 25 teams ranked ---subject to change in season

**The turds will play 7 ranked teams in the AP..although that's subject to change b/c of in season rankings and Ohio St. plays just 1 ranked team. If I was an OSU fan…I’d make flight, hotel and ticket arrangements NOW! Lol. But anything can happen!

Yep -- tOSU has an easy road to the playoff.

I don't think it will happen, but can you imagine the hype surrounding the Iron Bowl if both Bama and we make it to the game undefeated?! Crazy. Bama has to run the kind of gauntlet this year we did last. Can't wait to see what happens when they play UGA.

Chubb will rush for close to 200 in each game until they play the turds. He probably won't rush for 100 yards against them. Bama wins by four TDs. Watch.

As noted, about everyone in the top group is playing at least one other ranked team...which means that they will be playing elimination games for the rankings and for the play-offs.

Anyone want to take the challenge of naming the top 10 after.....say.....December 15th after the SEC championship? Do we really think that AU, UAT and UGA could all be ranked in the top 10 after the regular season?

As noted, about everyone in the top group is playing at least one other ranked team...which means that they will be playing elimination games for the rankings and for the play-offs.

Anyone want to take the challenge of naming the top 10 after.....say.....December 15th after the SEC championship? Do we really think that AU, UAT and UGA could all be ranked in the top 10 after the regular season?

1- tOSU

2- Clemson

3- aTm

4- TCU

5- Tennessee

6- Auburn

7- Notre Dame

8- Penn St

9- Louisville

10- Baylor

1- tOSU

2- Clemson

3- aTm

4- TCU

5- Tennessee

6- Auburn

7- Notre Dame

8- Penn St

9- Louisville

10- Baylor

What is this? The challenge was post, post SECCG, This would be very difficult to obtain, UL plays Clemson and Auburn, Auburn plays TAMU. This would mean: UL beats both Auburn and Clemson but loses to someone else because they are sitting at #9, If that happens that means Auburn beats TAMU (no two lose team will make it in the top 10). If that happens that means Auburn would win the West because they are sitting at #6, therefore it is implausible for TAMU to be at #3 and Clemson at #2 since UL would have won the division and beat Clemson. You could say UL loses to Clemson but beats Auburn which makes this ranking possible but that means you have an issue with Notre Dame. (no way Dame survives USCw, Clemson, Stanford, Ga Tech and Texas with only 1 lose and be sitting at 7 they would be at 3 if they lost to Clemson). If TCU goes undefeated which this implies they won't behind a one lost Clemson, ATM,or Notre Dame. Some possible issues with PSU but they could run it with a lose to tOSU. UT has a chance.

I will punk out and not give me response because the season hasn't started too many unanswered questions from more teams then I could count.

Based on last season, a #6 ranking is extremely generous. Hopefully our coaching staff will have the team ready to live up to that ranking.

wde

Bama's defense sounds phenomenal according to reports

I can't see them getting blown out unless none of their QBs pan out

They also are practicing against their own offense, which will either be led by a true freshman or a guy who couldn't beat out a converted running back.

They also are practicing against their own offense, which will either be led by a true freshman or a guy who couldn't beat out a converted running back.

I have a hard time knocking "converted players". Nick Marshall was just a DB remember?

Sims did a good job for them last year.

This is an easy one:

1. Come December 15, we will be the only unbeaten team in the country.

I have a hard time knocking "converted players". Nick Marshall was just a DB remember?

No. Marshall was a QB in high school and JUCO. Richt placed Marshall at CB for one season, and a little-used backup CB at that - mostly played Special Teams, because they had Murray and Mettenberger.

CB may be his new position in the NFL, but he was never "just a DB" prior to arriving in Auburn.

That moment when you realize that converted RB had more TDs than our converted DB...

In any case, Barnett is supposedly doing good and of course they got talent across the board. Playing against that offense is not easy for many teams

Agree. Coker has been a turnover machine in camp...INTs. I'm hoping he starts. But Saban will not hesitate to pull him. None of them are as mobile as Sims but i've learned to not under estimate their system.

That moment when you realize that converted RB had more TDs than our converted DB...

In any case, Barnett is supposedly doing good and of course they got talent across the board. Playing against that offense is not easy for many teams

According to Bammers it's 1A Coker with 1A Morris.

1- tOSU

2- Clemson

3- aTm

4- TCU

5- Tennessee

6- Auburn

7- Notre Dame

8- Penn St

9- Louisville

10- Baylor

What is this? The challenge was post, post SECCG, This would be very difficult to obtain, UL plays Clemson and Auburn, Auburn plays TAMU. This would mean: UL beats both Auburn and Clemson but loses to someone else because they are sitting at #9, If that happens that means Auburn beats TAMU (no two lose team will make it in the top 10). If that happens that means Auburn would win the West because they are sitting at #6, therefore it is implausible for TAMU to be at #3 and Clemson at #2 since UL would have won the division and beat Clemson. You could say UL loses to Clemson but beats Auburn which makes this ranking possible but that means you have an issue with Notre Dame. (no way Dame survives USCw, Clemson, Stanford, Ga Tech and Texas with only 1 lose and be sitting at 7 they would be at 3 if they lost to Clemson). If TCU goes undefeated which this implies they won't behind a one lost Clemson, ATM,or Notre Dame. Some possible issues with PSU but they could run it with a lose to tOSU. UT has a chance.

I will punk out and not give me response because the season hasn't started too many unanswered questions from more teams then I could count.

You're right- swap Oregon for Notre Dame. Forgot about PAC12. First 4 all go undefeated. Tennessee loses once to aTm in SEC championship, Auburn only loses to aTm, Louisville loses to us and Clemson but nobody else helping their rankings. Baylor only loses to TCU, penn state only loses to tOSU. Oregon loses in PAC 12 title game to 3 loss southern team, the PAC 12 has a down year, they fall far the final week.

Im beginning to think that DTR is actually a Bammer. I know I'm not the first one on here to think this.

Morris was a 3* recruit and there are three other kids all rated 4*.....and Coker.....makes me wonder what Kiffen has been doing with the QB candidates.....or what kind of offense they are planning to run if those pro-style QBs are not even being mentioned.

Im beginning to think that DTR is actually a Bammer. I know I'm not the first one on here to think this.

Haha. Stop picking on DTR! lol. I'm hoping whoever they put out there they fail i'm not getting to happy about it just yet. They've certainly won without average QBs.

Morris was a 3* recruit and there are three other kids all rated 4*.....and Coker.....makes me wonder what Kiffen has been doing with the QB candidates.....or what kind of offense they are planning to run if those pro-style QBs are not even being mentioned.

I was shocked when i heard Morris as 1A. I thought it would be Cornwell and Coker but Saban loves experienced QBs. IMO that has more to do with it. That's why i don't understand why QBs commit there. He doesn't want to play guys until their JR year no matter if the younger talent is better.

Overall i don't think the rankings are bad. I do see like some have said that Oregon is too high. After 10 or 11 everything is pretty wide open. Going to be a lot of Top 25 rankings matchups so i like that.

I will be honest. I think we are over rated to start this year. 8-5 the year before and all of a sudden ranked 6th with a new qb, defensive coordinator and youth galore? But if we win it give us a leg up, so Go Tigers!!! The hope for Auburn is this year (as opposed to last) no injuries, no problems with in the "family", and the luck we lost....

Archived