2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How crazy is that, that you look at the possible candidates, and it's like, play the biggest guy, he might be able to take the hits.

War Eagle!

Here comes @aujeff11 chanting JO-EY! JO-EY! JO-EY! JO-EY!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Shoot, at this point I wouldn't argue. And I still think Cord is a legit candidate for the same reason. Well, his build and his age. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You're not a villain. Boobee's running style takes a toll on him no doubt. Another reason we need at least 3 every down RBs on roster.

I feel like he's good to pick up a few yards every run but I don't see big play ability....and I mention this because as you know we're pretty much dependant on that threat so we can set up play action and if a defense doesn't have to honor the run game I think whoever is our QB is screwed without that threat

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't see big play ability

You may be right but that's hard for me to tell given good OL blocking is needed to give an RB a chance at a big play & Whit has not had that type of blocking.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

if a defense doesn't have to honor the run game I think whoever is our QB is screwed without that threat

Yup!

Just now, ellitor said:

You may be right but that's hard for me to tell given good OL blocking is needed to give an RB a chance at a big play & Whit has not had that type of blocking.

Great point. I don't know how I didn't come to that conclusion myself

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Great point. I don't know how I didn't come to that conclusion myself

Lol. I'm gonna guess that's sarcasm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like he's good to pick up a few yards every run but I don't see big play ability

I think the athleticism is there, but dude is very green. Not sure he sees the field like a next-level back, at least not yet. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

So we are now taking the never-ending RB discussion to a recruit's thread who is not a RB???

really.gif

I tried to get the train back on track E... I really did lol

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. I'm gonna guess that's sarcasm.

No I'm dead serious.....I really don't know how I wouldn't factor that in with the hb but I was with the QB.....I didn't think are you properly evaluating the hb because he wasn't behind a good line

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think the athleticism is there, but dude is very green. Not sure he sees the field like a next-level back, at least not yet. 

I feel like he's just running into a linebacker....he's not getting the ball and trying to score

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I feel like he's just running into a linebacker....he's not getting the ball and trying to score

Maybe this is where Caddy will pay off. Who knows. 

Shivers definitely feels like a little bit more of a playmaker so far. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe this is where Caddy will pay off. Who knows. 

Shivers definitely feels like a little bit more of a playmaker so far. 

Yeah, Shivers just needs a sliver of a hole and he can take it to the house! See Iron Bowl! Whitlow can get the tough yardage, but like Cole said I’m not sure he will be a big home rum threat.

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I'm dead serious.....I really don't know how I wouldn't factor that in with the hb but I was with the QB.....I didn't think are you properly evaluating the hb because he wasn't behind a good line

No worries. We all miss things sometimes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

Yeah, Shivers just needs a sliver of a hole and he can take it to the house! See Iron Bowl! Whitlow can get the tough yardage, but like Cole said I’m not sure he will be a big home rum threat.

Yeah. I'm curious which of our guys can actually see that sliver, especially since they'll often need to be able to see it before it's there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

#yesssir

And I do like big RBs although I will take any RB that can see tbe hole and hit the hole hard all day. 

36 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

that can see tbe hole and hit the hole hard all day. 

TWSS

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I like Whitlow. He’s a football player. RB is very new to him but he looks good to me and will get better. Needs to be more consistent blocking catching but running is good and will get better. I like Worm too. 

20 hours ago, alexava said:

I like Whitlow. He’s a football player. RB is very new to him but he looks good to me and will get better. Needs to be more consistent blocking catching but running is good and will get better. I like Worm too. 

If you havent.....which i had not until today.....got and watch Worms HS highlights....he was beast mode.....i dont know how many times he trucked people....he has a chip on his shoulder and i really believe that he can be special, despite his size....add 15 lbs of muscle and he is a freak

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If you havent.....which i had not until today.....got and watch Worms HS highlights....he was beast mode.....i dont know how many times he trucked people....he has a chip on his shoulder and i really believe that he can be special, despite his size....add 15 lbs of muscle and he is a freak

Moma said he was 189 last year despite the tv numbers. I believe her. I’m not sure he needs much more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, alexava said:

Moma said he was 189 last year despite the tv numbers. I believe her. I’m not sure he needs much more. 

ok...yes i was going based off of his listed wait when we signed him....I knew he put on some but wasnt sure. How  tall exactly is he....Ive herd from 5'5 -5'8? either way....can ou image him in a 195-200 lb package with the same speed he has now with how mean and large he runs!!!!!! Im getting goose pimples!

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

ok...yes i was going based off of his listed wait when we signed him....I knew he put on some but wasnt sure. How  tall exactly is he....Ive herd from 5'5 -5'8? either way....can ou image him in a 195-200 lb package with the same speed he has now with how mean and large he runs!!!!!! Im getting goose pimples!

@Momma Worm can you help us out there? TIA!

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

a bowling ball with hyperdrive!

• Like 2