2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

6 hours ago, alexava said:

He is as tall as he is going to get.   

Is that your conclusion??? That actually isnt a proven fact......Many people have hit growth spurts from age 18-22.....Most people are done growing Height wise by age 18 however there are many exceptions. I went to HS with a kid that when we graduated HS he was 5'11 ...he joined Marines...came back 2 years later and a full 6'1...then by the time he was out he was over 6"2....I dont expect Worm to be the outlier however....just thought id respond to your post though lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Is that your conclusion??? That actually isnt a proven fact......Many people have hit growth spurts from age 18-22.....Most people are done growing Height wise by age 18 however there are many exceptions. I went to HS with a kid that when we graduated HS he was 5'11 ...he joined Marines...came back 2 years later and a full 6'1...then by the time he was out he was over 6"2....I dont expect Worm to be the outlier however....just thought id respond to your post though lol

It happens (David Robinson). Not often.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yeah, same here...went to HS with a guy and when we graduated he was maybe 5'6" saw him a few years later and the guy was about 6'2" or 6'3".  

13 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Yeah, same here...went to HS with a guy and when we graduated he was maybe 5'6" saw him a few years later and the guy was about 6'2" or 6'3".  

Yea funny story about the guy i was talking about....we werent close friends or anything but knew each other well enough....small town....anyways.....i ran into him at the local bar in town and didnt know it was him...i introduced myself and was like man you look just like a guy name %$%^ .....you must be related and it was actually him....it was that crazy how much he had grown

21 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Someone is stretching something here.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:33 AM, abw0004 said:

This site is pretty tame, but I do not think that is a bad thing.  It is a pretty welcoming site to all types of people.  That is what makes it so great.  This is why I think we have so many insiders on here willing to share their information, for free.  And in turn, most reporters come here for their stories to post.  That is why it is not uncommon to see our posts plagiarized.  I think this forum in particular does a good job where you can tell money is invested to keep it the cutting edge.  The other non-Auburn forums I am a part of are not even close to this caliber.  For example, if you look at Clemson's forum, it looks like they are still running Windows 95.  Kudos to the mods on here, and E, who is basically a mod without the title (E this is a complement, and I say that because I know if you read this you may not be sure to take it as such :laugh:).

agree...maybe it's just me but I like the opportunity to  exchange views and get some interesting information that's not available from the general media.  I really have no interest is seeing who can bark the loudest or attack the poster when they don't have a useful message...... and the horn tooters are mostly just funny....but sometimes informative I guess. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

Not me.  That is the honest truth.  If you don't believe me...I really don't care...dude was always the smallest in the class until we graduated, then he had his growth spurt...

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Actually....that's not exactly true of human males. Human females reach their height somewhere around 15-16 years of age. Males usually continue to grow in height until they are 23-24 years old. And their bodies can continue to develop until about age 25. It is actually more unusual for a male to stop growing at 18. Many young men begin to shoot up in height at 18. My son was like that. 

20 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Actually....that's not exactly true of human males. Human females reach their height somewhere around 15-16 years of age. Males usually continue to grow in height until they are 23-24 years old. And their bodies can continue to develop until about age 25. It is actually more unusual for a male to stop growing at 18. Many young men begin to shoot up in height at 18. My son was like that. 

So....as i stated there are "many exceptions" to this, however, according to the CDC males complete their growth by the age of 16-17 years old on average. Of course there are those who hit spurts in their later teens and early twenties. This seems to be more common with Males who were late to the puberty party and developed more slowly. So...yes it is exactly true as a rule of thumb or average. Again, of course  as I stated...there are exceptions. As for Females....most females stop growing around the age of 14-15 years old. or with 2 years of their start of "womanhood" as we will call it. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Why do you say that?  There was even a story on BSPN a few months ago about an athlete, I cannot remember his name, but he was not big at all until College...then he hit a late growth spurt...again....a late bloomer. Or maybe I misinterpreted your post...

Dennis Rodman grew 7 or 8 inches after graduating from high school.  Unusual, but it happens.  Lot of odd things about Rodman though, lol.

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Why do you say that?  There was even a story on BSPN a few months ago about an athlete, I cannot remember his name, but he was not big at all until College...then he hit a late growth spurt...again....a late bloomer. Or maybe I misinterpreted your post...

Being sarcastic. Growing = stretching. Bad joke. 

Man I love this Bo Nix cat! Too bad it looks like I'm the only one.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Reel em in @ellitor !

10 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

image.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAH that is one of the best all time episodes!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

• Love 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Stop trying to get us off topic E.  You are making us think this is all about Bo Nix.  The nerve...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Can he play OT? 

:poke:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can he play OT? 

I’d rather just win the games in regulation.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Momma Worm can you help us out there? TIA!

He is possibly 5'6/5'7..... if they are looking for him to grow 6'0 not happening lol.... His mother & biological father are short. Let me just say that I just think people place too much emphasis on height when we clearly see that it means nothing. but maybe I'm speaking for the short people lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2