2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Do any of you guys visit other fan sites? Do fans of other teams constantly argue and cut each other’s throats? 

Cut each other throats??? Only here when you disagree or make a joke it can get so serious. I'm scared what's going to happen when the QB battle starts. Disagree over that the I've never been so insulted in all my life will start I guess.....nobody even insulted anybody in any of these posts.....

Edited by cole256

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Do any of you guys visit other fan sites? Do fans of other teams constantly argue and cut each other’s throats? 

Lol this is nothing . If anything this site is actually considered soft by other Auburn sites . Go to hogville, gatorswamp, volnation and then ask that .

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cut each other throats??? Only here when you disagree or make a joke it can get so serious. I'm scared what's going to happen when the QB battle starts. Disagree over that the I've never been so insulted in all my life will start I guess.....nobody even insulted anybody in any of these posts.....

Figuratively speaking of course. But the qb battle already started. Hell some think it’s over and have already started suggesting transfers for the backups. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lol this is nothing . If anything this site is actually considered soft by other Auburn sites . Go to hogville, gatorswamp, volnation and then ask that .

Lol. That’s why I asked. I probably won’t go to those other sites except when someone here post links to certain threads. It just seems like we ( a lot of us are guilty) like to argue about years old stuff that doesn’t matter one bit in the rest of the world. There might not be any personal insults, you can see it going in that direction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Lol. That’s why I asked. I probably won’t go to those other sites except when someone here post links to certain threads. It just seems like we ( a lot of us are guilty) like to argue about years old stuff that doesn’t matter one bit in the rest of the world. There might not be any personal insults, you can see it going in that direction. 

This place is super tame even for just Auburn sites. Go to the bunker and you will see a lot more sizzle and spice.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This place is super tame even for just Auburn sites. Go to the bunker and you will see a lot more sizzle and spice.

I waste far too much time here. I don’t need anything else. But you have piqued my curiosity. 

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

People play to it too, I wrote that post about dude as a joke this morning, he saw it didn't reply saw me have a reply with E, then write the attacked victim post so I can catch a pile on reaction.....literally said why would you attack me like this.....we need a box of Kleenex available for some of these posts just because you say something they don't like.

Entitlement is real, get your way most your life you're confused when people don't bow 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, alexava said:

Figuratively speaking of course. But the qb battle already started. Hell some think it’s over and have already started suggesting transfers for the backups. 

Facts

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

People play to it too, I wrote that post about dude as a joke this morning, he saw it didn't reply saw me have a reply with E, then write the attacked victim post so I can catch a pile on reaction.....literally said why would you attack me like this.....we need a box of Kleenex available for some of these posts just because you say something they don't like.

Entitlement is real, get your way most your life you're confused when people don't bow 

That would be a great add for our response emoticons. 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

HOW DARE YOU...

...oh, wait... Okay, yeah, I totally see what you mean.

*slowly turns to really see self in mirror*

10 hours ago, alexava said:

Hell some think it’s over and have already started suggesting transfers for the backups.  

Nobody connected to the program has said the over part. On the last part, with 4 QBs on roster it's logical to expect at least 1 of the QBs that don't win the job to transfer or change positions.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Not relevant. Doesn't apply to either person being jabbed yesterday.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not relevant. Doesn't apply to either person you were jabbing yesterday.

E leave me alone nobody is even talking about that anymore. Like I said you could read the entire thing and see who threw the first jab and continue talking or you could just let it die as nobody is even talking about it anymore. Your choice. The post you just quoted is talking about a woe is me how would could you even attack me like this post, which is the equivalent of a flop in basketball

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

E leave me alone nobody is even talking about that anymore. Like I said you could read the entire thing and see who threw the first jab and continue talking or you could just let it die as nobody is even talking about it anymore. Your choice. The post you just quoted is talking about a woe is me how would could you even attack me like this post, which is the equivalent of a flop in basketball

Tried to PM you this, but since I can't:  I did not know if you thought I was jabbing you when I quoted you.  I was not trying to jab you, so I apologize if you took it that way.  You know I have a lot of respect for you, especially in the basketball realm.  I hope you are doing well.

11 hours ago, alexava said:

This site is pretty tame, but I do not think that is a bad thing.  It is a pretty welcoming site to all types of people.  That is what makes it so great.  This is why I think we have so many insiders on here willing to share their information, for free.  And in turn, most reporters come here for their stories to post.  That is why it is not uncommon to see our posts plagiarized.  I think this forum in particular does a good job where you can tell money is invested to keep it the cutting edge.  The other non-Auburn forums I am a part of are not even close to this caliber.  For example, if you look at Clemson's forum, it looks like they are still running Windows 95.  Kudos to the mods on here, and E, who is basically a mod without the title (E this is a complement, and I say that because I know if you read this you may not be sure to take it as such :laugh:).

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think this forum in particular does a good job where you can tell money is invested to keep it the cutting edge.  The other non-Auburn forums I am a part of are not even close to this caliber.  For example, if you look at Clemson's forum, it looks like they are still running Windows 95.

Excellent point, and I'm not sure these guys get enough credit for it. I barely ever go to other forums so I don't often think about it, but you're right. I rarely see anything that approaches the aesthetic quality of this site. Chess vs checkers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Tried to PM you this, but since I can't:  I did not know if you thought I was jabbing you when I quoted you.  I was not trying to jab you, so I apologize if you took it that way.  You know I have a lot of respect for you, especially in the basketball realm.  I hope you are doing well.

Nah man I didn't take any offense to it at all. You see some of the stuff that has beenwritten to me that was nothing. You merely expressed your opinion. Long as you don't personally attack me I'm good with however you express yourself to convey what you are trying to say. I'm no hypocrite I'm blunt so I better certainly be able to take it. What's good for the goose is good for the gander

I see I've received more hate messages though 😂 let me go delete the new ones!

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

You’re still talking about it and it’s about me. So when you make a jab at me of course I’ll respond as would anyone else. You say I shouldn’t take it personally, yet that’s exactly what you’re doing. I’m definitely not a snowflake ❄️! Just not gonna stand down when I am attacked unjustly.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. Enough of this discussion. If you want to continue it @toddc @cole256 take it to PMs.

Now back to the thread topic. I'm excited we got Bo, have him enrolled now, & can't wait to see how the QB battle shakes out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ok. Enough of this discussion. If you want to continue it @toddc @cole256 take it to PMs.

Now back to the thread topic. I'm excited we got Bo, have him enrolled now, & can't wait to see how the QB battle shakes out.

Yeah I think this could be one of the best qbs battle we’ve had in a long long time! Hopefully they will bring each other up a notch because of it.

One thing we haven't beaten to death yet is what a solid football name "Bo Nix" is. Like, a guy named "Bo Nix" basically had 3 possible career paths: Country music singer, daytime TV star, or SEC quarterback. We got lucky here, gang. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One thing we haven't beaten to death yet is what a solid football name "Bo Nix" is. Like, a guy named "Bo Nix" basically had 3 possible career paths: Country music singer, daytime TV star, or SEC quarterback. We got lucky here, gang. 

Reminicent of a smart, talented QB from Texas named Mox who was a great leader & designed a play called the Oopty-oop.

Varsity Blues is easily in the top 10 of my all time favorite sports movies.

• Like 2

If our line isn't vastly improved don't start nix, but that's actually unfair to all the QB's but they have at least been in a weight training program....can't say they have any experience really.....

I know I may be the villain of the board for this but I really don't like whitlow as a running back.....but maybe he'll get better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If our line isn't vastly improved don't start nix, but that's actually unfair to all the QB's but they have at least been in a weight training program....can't say they have any experience really.....

How crazy is that, that you look at the possible candidates, and it's like, play the biggest guy, he might be able to take the hits.

War Eagle!

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know I may be the villain of the board for this but I really don't like whitlow as a running back.....but maybe he'll get better

You're not a villain. Boobee's running style takes a toll on him no doubt. Another reason we need at least 3 every down RBs on roster.

• Like 2