2019 5* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

bigsixfive

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well if you are standing how are you going to get ignorance while it's flying.?

Dang, it. Fair point.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well I can't stand around and let ignorance fly. 

A stud is in the eye of the beholder.  Stud means different things at different levels.  For example, for me elite at high school is someone who is capable of playing at the college ranks.  An elite player or a stud is a contender for award at the NFL level.  I would not consider all NFL players studs.  Bu again, in the eye of the beholder.  Your viewpoint can be different which is fine.  Nothing wrong with how you look at it or approach it.  There is no wrong answer really.  So in reality what I said wasn't all that ignorant.  An argument could be made in the name of ignorance is writing off someone's opinion as false because it doesn't align with their own and then taking a shot at them.

For the record, I never said anything about those ranked low in the high school rankings.  I have made several points to those on here to not pay attention to the star rankings as much.  My "man crush" for 2017 was Daniel Thomas, the lowest rated high school player in the 2016 class.  I also do not find it nonchalant either to be in the NFL.  My cousin was a starter on the OL for the Falcons before knee injuries wrecked his career.  I know how hard he worked.

Edited by abw0004

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

You have to be a stud to even make a practice squad of an NFL team. To say otherwise is extremely foolish and you are just exposing yourself as someone who probably never competed a day in their life. Sorry for continuing this ongoing discussion but I just had to say that.

Agree 100

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dang, it. Fair point.

Well I know of a wr coach that can definitely show you all the techniques you'll ever need to catch it! His last name isn't Craig I promise!

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A stud is in the eye of the beholder.  Stud means different things at different levels.  For example, for me elite at high school is someone who is capable of playing at the college ranks.  An elite player or a stud is a contender for award at the NFL level.  I would not consider all NFL players studs.  Bu again, in the eye of the beholder.  Your viewpoint can be different which is fine.  Nothing wrong with how you look at it or approach it.  There is no wrong answer really.  So in reality what I said wasn't all that ignorant.  An argument could be made in the name of ignorance is writing off someone's opinion as false because it doesn't align with their own and then taking a shot at them.

For the record, I never said anything about those ranked low in the high school rankings.  I have made several points to those on here to not pay attention to the star rankings as much.  My "man crush" for 2017 was Daniel Thomas, the lowest rated high school player in the 2016 class.  I also do not find it nonchalant either to be in the NFL.  My cousin was a starter on the OL for the Falcons before knee injuries wrecked his career.  I know how hard he worked.

You just said someone wasn't a stud because he didn't get drafted lol. That is super ignorant. This man got invited to the combine and made an NFL roster before being waived to the practice squad ( you didn't mention that) and played in an actual NFL game at RB. Making the 53 man roster is an accomplishment in itself. To sit there and downplay such a thing is absolutely crazy. It's just icing that he can also say I actually played in an NFL game. You can spin it all you want, but I can't see someone who has competed at a high level in high school, college, whatever nonchalant say someone is not a stud because they didn't get drafted. So based on your opinion Peyton Barber isn't a stud?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

You just said someone wasn't a stud because he didn't get drafted lol.

Correct.  Not sure you correctly read my response to it's entirety.  I would view others as studs like Barkley, who was drafted in the first round.  When I say stud, I would only call a few people studs.  Just like you cannot call everyone MVP's.  I would say Roc Thomas was a really good player though if it puts your mind to ease.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

This man got invited to the combine and made an NFL roster before being waived to the practice squad ( you didn't mention that) and played in an actual NFL game at RB. Making the 53 man roster is an accomplishment in itself. To sit there and downplay such a thing is absolutely crazy. It's just icing that he can also say I actually played in an NFL game.

You are correct, it is an accomplishment, not saying it isn't.  But again, I would not say he was a stud because I do not say that term lightly.  I use it more sparingly than you might.  So I really was not attempting to downplay it.  Instead of going after me like you usually do other people who have different viewpoints than you, you could have simply just asked me to clarify.  I would have been more than happy to do that, even for you. I am really easy to get along with on here, even with those that disagree with me.  Remember I am a "sunshine poster."  I am happy for everyone Auburn related.  If you would have asked where I was going with that post, you would have seen I was going somewhere different than ragging on Roc, but I never got the chance to get there.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

So based on your opinion Peyton Barber isn't a stud?

Unfortunately I would not say that.  And I say that as someone who is close to his family friends here in Georgia and I really admire him.  I would put him in the same grouping as myself in this analogy:  I do not view myself as a genius intellectually, or super smart.  I do, however, make up for it with the effort I put into my studies and going the extra mile, which he does.  I can't cram the night before a test and pass, just like he can't skip every practice and be fine.  And he has found success with it and I cheer for him big time.

DAG, you can disagree with everything I have ever said and think it is 100% wrong.  And you know what, I respect that and your opinion.  Why would I say that?  Because sometimes you are right.  Sometimes I disagree and think I am right.  But our differing viewpoints make this forum better as a whole.  So even though we have our spats, I enjoy reading your posts.  Truly.  I just think you might want to ask for the reasoning for people's trains of thought first before going after them.  McLoofus, Bird, Auburn2Eugene, and Cole to name a few disagree with me a lot.  But we always get along because we respect each other and we know that none of our conversations will turn sour.  I do hope one day you and I can get there as well.  I do not wish to keep arguing about this either as this does not relate to the thread.  I respect your stance, it just differs from mine, that's all.  I hope this message finds you well (in Wisconsin I think?).

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I know of a wr coach that can definitely show you all the techniques you'll ever need to catch it! His last name isn't Craig I promise!

The passive aggressive post is unnecessary. Our WR coaches aren't responsible for how our WRs do. (Yes I know that don't make sense.) Gus micromanages how DC & Kodi were & are to coach the position. DC's issues I referenced earlier were other things & fell more in line on him & Gus just not able to get along. Both had their faults in it.

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Correct.  Not sure you correctly read my response to it's entirety.  I would view others as studs like Barkley, who was drafted in the first round.  When I say stud, I would only call a few people studs.  Just like you cannot call everyone MVP's.  I would say Roc Thomas was a really good player though if it puts your mind to ease.

You are correct, it is an accomplishment, not saying it isn't.  But again, I would not say he was a stud because I do not say that term lightly.  I use it more sparingly than you might.  So I really was not attempting to downplay it.  Instead of going after me like you usually do other people who have different viewpoints than you, you could have simply just asked me to clarify.  I would have been more than happy to do that, even for you. I am really easy to get along with on here, even with those that disagree with me.  Remember I am a "sunshine poster."  I am happy for everyone Auburn related.  If you would have asked where I was going with that post, you would have seen I was going somewhere different than ragging on Roc, but I never got the chance to get there.

Unfortunately I would not say that.  And I say that as someone who is close to his family friends here in Georgia and I really admire him.  I would put him in the same grouping as myself in this analogy:  I do not view myself as a genius intellectually, or super smart.  I do, however, make up for it with the effort I put into my studies and going the extra mile, which he does.  I can't cram the night before a test and pass, just like he can't skip every practice and be fine.  And he has found success with it and I cheer for him big time.

DAG, you can disagree with everything I have ever said and think it is 100% wrong.  And you know what, I respect that and your opinion.  Why would I say that?  Because sometimes you are right.  Sometimes I disagree and think I am right.  But our differing viewpoints make this forum better as a whole.  So even though we have our spats, I enjoy reading your posts.  Truly.  I just think you might want to ask for the reasoning for people's trains of thought first before going after them.  McLoofus, Bird, Auburn2Eugene, and Cole to name a few disagree with me a lot.  But we always get along because we respect each other and we know that none of our conversations will turn sour.  I do hope one day you and I can get there as well.  I do not wish to keep arguing about this either as this does not relate to the thread.  I respect your stance, it just differs from mine, that's all.  I hope this message finds you well (in Wisconsin I think?).

And again, I am going to say this is why I find what you say absolutely blasphemy. Peyton Barber is doing what a very small percentage of people can actually do. That makes him elite. Now you're a student. From an academic standpoint, are you in the top 1% of academics in the nation in terms of intellect? If you are than your analogy works. I am sorry you might feel some type of way about this, but I would suggest do research and see what percentage of athletes make it to the NFL and then think about what you just said. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In 2017, there were 73,000 football players in the NCAA. Of those, 16,000 were draft eligible. There are only 253 draft picks... to say that you aren’t a stud by making it into the NFL is laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Back to the genesis of this conversation, Mikey was wrong when he said that Roc Thomas wasn't good. The word "stud" isn't important. It's only important that we acknowledge that Mikey was wrong. 

Bo Nix is probably a really good quarterback. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

In 2017, there were 73,000 football players in the NCAA. Of those, 16,000 were draft eligible. There are only 253 draft picks... to say that you aren’t a stud by making it into the NFL is laughable. 

One step further. Only 1600  player play in the NFL in any given year. Roughly only 2% of the 73000 listed above get to play pro ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It's only important that we acknowledge that Mikey was wrong.

Quality. Depth.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bo Nix is probably a really good quarterback.

Hell I hope so. If he craps the bed we might as well exclusively recruit transfer QB’s.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

And again, I am going to say this is why I find what you say absolutely blasphemy. Peyton Barber is doing what a very small percentage of people can actually do. That makes him elite. Now You a student. From an academic standpoint, are you in the top 1% of academics in the nation in terms of intellect? If you are than your analogy works. I am sorry you might feel some type of way about this, but I would suggest do research and see what percentage of athletes make it to the NFL and then think about what you just said. 

Okay I think I see where the discourse is coming from.  I do not think I correctly conveyed in my original post of the post I was trying to get across.  What I was trying to convey is out of those in the NFL currently, I do not view every NFL player as a stud, just like I do not view every player as an MVP.  I will call someone a stud that is the top of their game in the NFL itself.  So, out of the 1,696 players currently in the NFL I would only call say 50 of those players studs really.  And out of the 301 players in the NBA I would only say 25 were studs (rough numbers, just for the sake of the point).  Does that make better sense?   I hope that clears it up for the sake of rerouting the conversation back to the OP.  And as far as rankings go for intellect, I do not know about the academics when I was at Auburn, but I know I am at the top of my field professionally as that is ranked.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The passive aggressive post is unnecessary. Our WR coaches aren't responsible for how our WRs do. (Yes I know that don't make sense.) Gus micromanages how DC & Kodi were & are to coach the position. DC's issues I referenced earlier were other things & fell more in line on him & Gus just not able to get along. Both had their faults in it.

You're just jumping into something you you're not familiar with. I don't really care about burns or Craig. I was making fun of the stuff that you weren't involved in

And the other stuff makes sense to me.....I posted that drops don't have anything to do with a coach earlier

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What I was trying to convey is out of those in the NFL

The context in which you tried to convey that was strictly related to college ball. The conversation was/is about whether or not Roc Thomas was a good college football player. 

Relative to other college players, you are a stud if you ever touch an NFL football sideline. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The context in which you tried to convey that was strictly related to college ball. The conversation was/is about whether or not Roc Thomas was a good college football player. 

Relative to other college players, you are a stud if you ever touch an NFL football sideline. 

I agree with what you are saying.  I guess in my head the way I approached it was that I was not putting him in the same grouping as Saquon Barkley, Rashaad Penny, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, etc.  Those were the "studs" of the college ranks going into the draft.  I was not trying to take away from his accomplishments of getting into the NFL itself.  I hope that makes sense.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I was making fun of the stuff that you weren't involved in

It doesn't matter if I'm involved in it or not. Since the mods have me do a heavy running of the recruiting forum, when someone makes passive aggressive jabs at someone initially started by tagging someone in a post they disagreed with I'm going to call them out on it just like I did in the basketball forum with Law being passive aggressive to you a while back when I was visiting that forum. There's no need in it. We can all disagree without being passive aggressive and we can accept others having different opinions no matter how wrong we may think they are in our minds.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

It doesn't matter if I'm involved in it or not. Since the mods have me do a heavy running of the recruiting forum, when someone makes passive aggressive jabs at someone initially started by tagging someone in a post they disagreed with I'm going to call them out on it just like I did in the basketball forum with Law being passive aggressive to you a while back when I was visiting that forum. There's no need in it. We can all disagree without being passive aggressive and we can accept others having different opinions no matter how wrong we may think they are in our minds.

Well then as a mod wouldn't you look at the entire conversation and say something to everybody involved? That's what I mean wasn't involved apparently if you're saying something to me and me only you didn't read the entire thing

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Here comes @toddc with his cape!!! Don't post and waste his time glancing at this 😂

Low blow man! I’ve never spoken directly to you with my posts. No reason to  attack me like this. You must be a sad and insecure person! 🙏

13 minutes ago, alexava said:

Do any of you guys visit other fan sites? Do fans of other teams constantly argue and cut each other’s throats? 

I don't there's enough here

21 minutes ago, toddc said:

Low blow man! I’ve never spoken directly to you with my posts. No reason to  attack me like this. You must be a sad and insecure person! 🙏

Attack?!? That's an attack? We need to bring Dr Phil here to be a mod, you call that an attack and come to a conclusion that I'm insecure? And you've never spoken directly to me? What are you lying for? This isn't soprano's.....you randomly write this when E posts to me??? What is this a football board set up drive by 😂😂😂😂😂

• Thanks 1