Muschamp's Defensive Talent

TigerWar

We haven't stopped anyone since Tubberville left....well, not entirely accurate...since the 2H of 2010 season...I don't think we can say for sure any of these guys are NFL talent. And I'm sorry, if the LB's were world beaters, they would have won the position already. The depth chart was telling. Anyone that transferred in was a starter in place of returning players.

Not sure this is entirely true. CWM has said many times he will release the starting lineup right before taking the field as he wants to keep the guys competing. Think we as fans are reading too much into the depth chart vs. Starting lineup.

Agree 100%. Reading way too much into it. I like the competition. This defense needed some serious fire lit under their butts and they're getting it. We are going to need all of the LBs and DL to contribute.

It means something but nothing to get worked up about to say certain players are not stepping up to the challenge some may thought. Not saying that's what you're referring to...some have. I see it as we have some really good talent in several spots. Guys will rotate and or be moved around a good bit so that's why I don't see the depth chart especially on defense as being a huge deal who is a starter and who is not. Some positions could be more fluid than others.

Only thing that's alarming if you want to call it that ...for me is that Ruffin and Roberts don't seem to be a factor as much as I initially anticipated. Who knows they could be when it's all said and done but the feeling I have with them it appears they may not get many opportunities to show if they can be a factor. But that's just my take away.

We haven't stopped anyone since Tubberville left....well, not entirely accurate...since the 2H of 2010 season...I don't think we can say for sure any of these guys are NFL talent. And I'm sorry, if the LB's were world beaters, they would have won the position already. The depth chart was telling. Anyone that transferred in was a starter in place of returning players.

The AU Tigers had plenty of stops in the 2nd half of the 2010 season. Also, know who else hasn't stopped anyone since Tuberville left? Yep...Tuberville. The game has changed.

In fairness to Cass and Frost, I wouldn't read too much into Muschamp's lack of coming out and dubbing two of our leading returning tacklers and senior leaders as starters. I think this has much more to do with Boom trying to motivate them so that they bring their A-game on every single snap as opposed to the possibilities of them being relegated to a back up role, but make no mistake about it, Cass & Kris will be our starters on the inside and I expect Muschamp to bring out the very best in them.

NFLDraftScout.com currently has Kris Frost ranked as the 10th best available OLB out of 251 outside linebackers in the next draft. Cass is currently ranked as the 4th best available ILB out of 166.

If anyone can help take Cass and Kris' games to a whole new level and improve their draft stock value it's Muschamp.

This is the fourth year that we've been hearing about how Cass and Kris are gonna' do big things. It's also not the first time we've heard about how much the NFL thought of them. So far, neither one of them has done anything on the field to back it up. If they play this season the way they've played at AU up until now they won't get drafted at all.

Those "future" lists are odd. If there had been high level draft interest after last season we wouldn't be having this discussion today, they'd be gone. At one point last year Frost was said to be the top OLB prospect. #1! But that was just talk. When it came time the NFL talk and NFL money had vanished.

(Sure Fire NFL Draft Picks barring injury of course)

Cassanova Mckinzy- - Needs to become a playmaker in the SEC first. A Safety leading the team in tackles is not a good sign.

Kris Frost- - Needs to become a playmaker in the SEC first.

Jonathan Jones - Did you watch our secondary play last season?

Carl Lawson - Agreed

Montravius Adams - Has NFL potential. Has not played well enough to get there.

Tray Matthews - Hasn't played enough to make a comment.

I call em like I see em. I truly hope McKinzy, Frost, Jones and Adams make me eat my words by the end of the season.

Archived