2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

^What are our chances of actually landing MD?

If you asked me, I'd say our chances are pretty high.

We have no reason to believe he will flip.

Agreed. I need more than a picture to suggest otherwise.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is one way I look at Muschamp and the job he did, when Lawson was on the field the defense was competitive, and when he wasn't the defense sucked.

Pretty much the same could be said for Ellis Johnson. It is not nearly as complicated as a lot of people want to make it.

^It's truly sad when a unit is that dependent on one player.

Yep, but hopefully that will soon change for the better.

Saban controls the cash himself. He was making the payment. Ya'll may laugh, but that is what was going down. Heard it from too many reliable sources.

Thats pretty funny man. The drive thru is backing up though and you better get back to work.

I read your stuff and always had an inkling you were a dipsh**. Now you proved it. Is Davidson going to AU or UA? Have no idea, but it is up in the air.

Im not the DA claiming through multiple "reliable" sources that Saban was making a monetary payment to Davidson that visit. While I may be a dipsh**, I'm not naive so don't insult my intelligence by trying to pass along fiction as though it is reality.

"Saban controls the cash himself. He was making the payment".

Geez.. and you expect us to agree with this crap. There is no way in $%## Saban makes ANY payment. He is not stupid.

Too think what you say is true is just an Auburn fan who just hates anything said about Bama..and comes up with any and all wild accusations. Again..Geez...

two thoughts

1. Argument against: If NS NEVER wins another game, UAT still must pay him 20+ million$'s. The ONLY way NS can lose that 20 Million is for him to be caught in violation of NCAA rules. if you were NS with 4 NC's, would that be a risk you would be taking with your reputation and $20 million $.

2. Argument for: 2. IF NS is cheating, it may very well be that he himself is the only one he could trust to handle the cash. He could not allow ANY of his underlings or associates to know or be in on it, otherwise they would own him (Also, forget the Red Elephants and vast Conspiracies, NS is way to smart to risk $20 million to be involved with any of those type risky shenanigans) .

Obviously Nick could not let his coordinators or assistants know. Would Kirby and the Guy at FL sit silently and lose players (and games and eventually their jobs) as Nick Buys players (if they knew about it). So, who else BUT Nick could hand out the cash? (Unless maybe they have found some way to run it through an attorney where there would be attorney client privilege and that attorney could never testify against him and would otherwise have to keep confidential...)

To me, #1 is the more persuasive/likely argument.

However, if NS is involved in cheating, I think the model is going to be very close to #2 where only NS and at MOST two more wealthy people with even more to lose than NS actually have first hand knowledge (I am sure there are other UAT insiders who have either figured it out by deduction or strongly suspect it, but would rather not know).

Saban controls the cash himself. He was making the payment. Ya'll may laugh, but that is what was going down. Heard it from too many reliable sources.

Thats pretty funny man. The drive thru is backing up though and you better get back to work.

I read your stuff and always had an inkling you were a dipsh**. Now you proved it. Is Davidson going to AU or UA? Have no idea, but it is up in the air.

Im not the DA claiming through multiple "reliable" sources that Saban was making a monetary payment to Davidson that visit. While I may be a dipsh**, I'm not naive so don't insult my intelligence by trying to pass along fiction as though it is reality.

"Saban controls the cash himself. He was making the payment".

Geez.. and you expect us to agree with this crap. There is no way in $%## Saban makes ANY payment. He is not stupid.

Too think what you say is true is just an Auburn fan who just hates anything said about Bama..and comes up with any and all wild accusations. Again..Geez...

two thoughts

1. Argument against: If NS NEVER wins another game, UAT still must pay him 20+ million$'s. The ONLY way NS can lose that 20 Million is for him to be caught in violation of NCAA rules. if you were NS with 4 NC's, would that be a risk you would be taking with your reputation and $20 million $.

2. Argument for: 2. IF NS is cheating, it may very well be that he himself is the only one he could trust to handle the cash. He could not allow ANY of his underlings or associates to know or be in on it, otherwise they would own him (Also, forget the Red Elephants and vast Conspiracies, NS is way to smart to risk $20 million to be involved with any of those type risky shenanigans) .

Obviously Nick could not let his coordinators or assistants know. Would Kirby and the Guy at FL sit silently and lose players (and games and eventually their jobs) as Nick Buys players (if they knew about it). So, who else BUT Nick could hand out the cash? (Unless maybe they have found some way to run it through an attorney where there would be attorney client privilege and that attorney could never testify against him and would otherwise have to keep confidential...)

To me, #1 is the more persuasive/likely argument.

However, if NS is involved in cheating, I think the model is going to be very close to #2 where only NS and at MOST two more wealthy people with even more to lose than NS actually have first hand knowledge (I am sure there are other UAT insiders who have either figured it out by deduction or strongly suspect it, but would rather not know).

While what you are saying would be completely valid for any other coach in the country, you are forgetting one thing... Saban knows where all of Emmert's bodies are buried, so he's practically untouchable. Someone would have to get the actual deal going down on video for Saban to be at any risk of getting flagged for a violation. The mass of photographs and paper trails that have been presented against bama in the past 10 years, and completely ignored by the NCAA, make that abundantly clear.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with 80, but I do firmly believe that Saban knows that he can do pretty much anything to get a recruit, and if he believes that recruit will give him a strategic advantage, he will do whatever it takes. Don't forget, not only does winning stroke his ego, but the more he wins, the more he gets paid.

I hate to break it to you guys, but Saban doesn't have to cheat. (Sure there are bammer boosters that provide suits, boat trips, and chargers among other things)

I heard this analogy used, and unfortunately, it's not far from the truth: "Saban drafts his 25, and then everyone else recruits whoever is left over."

I hate to break it to you guys, but Saban doesn't have to cheat. (Sure there are bammer boosters that provide suits, boat trips, and chargers among other things)

It's a bit insane that folks are really running with the notion that Saban is handling cash.

It's a bit insane that folks are really running with the notion that Saban is handling cash.

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Guys as much as some of the Auburn faithful want to believe Baama wins only because they cheat are not being realistic. Is it possible some boosters at Bama have gone overboard at times I am sure the answer is yes and I could probably say the same for most schools. Schools can't control what is done by people outside of the program. That said Bama wins the recruiting wars for a good reason. Name recognition, Multiple true National Championships and even more imaginary ones according to the Bama Faithful. Like Auburn in the middle of some of the most fertile recruiting areas of the country (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and some surrounding areas). Like it or not they have put an awful lot of players into the pros. They have recruited nationally for a long time. Joe Namath was from Pennsylvania.

Here in Texas I see more Bama stickers on cars then any other SEC School except Arkansas which has a special relationship with Texas the same when I lived in Southern California. I talk with some of the people who have these stickers and I am surprised how many have no relationship to Bama they just adopted them. Heck the redneck Dumb Ass Idiot who killed our Oak tress was a Texas State Trooper.

If Bama has a good coach they will recruit well Saban is more than a good coach. I don't like him but when it comes to football not many are better. No way is he going to hand out money.

Of course he doesn't handle payoffs but he absolutely points to kids and says, "get him" and the guys that do the dirty work follow through.

Guys as much as some of the Auburn faithful want to believe Baama wins only because they cheat are not being realistic. Is it possible some boosters at Bama have gone overboard at times I am sure the answer is yes and I could probably say the same for most schools. Schools can't control what is done by people outside of the program. That said Bama wins the recruiting wars for a good reason. Name recognition, Multiple true National Championships and even more imaginary ones according to the Bama Faithful. Like Auburn in the middle of some of the most fertile recruiting areas of the country (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and some surrounding areas). Like it or not they have put an awful lot of players into the pros. They have recruited nationally for a long time. Joe Namath was from Pennsylvania.

Here in Texas I see more Bama stickers on cars then any other SEC School except Arkansas which has a special relationship with Texas the same when I lived in Southern California. I talk with some of the people who have these stickers and I am surprised how many have no relationship to Bama they just adopted them. Heck the redneck Dumb Ass Idiot who killed our Oak tress was a Texas State Trooper.

If Bama has a good coach they will recruit well Saban is more than a good coach. I don't like him but when it comes to football not many are better. No way is he going to hand out money.

Well said, brother, well said!

This is exactly correct. No school is pure in the world of recruiting and some are dirtier than others. Bama may be good at cheating but they are winning at an unmatched rate right now because of many reasons that have nothing to do with cheating.

I've been smelling a "Yeldon" for weeks

We shall soon see, hope not, but ... :dunno:

I am sticking with AU.

HA HA, you are, but what about Mr. Davidson?

Archived