2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

Yeah I'm not sure about bama but Georgia is definitely making a push on Marlon and Ben Davis. It is a interview with Ben Davis being the interviewer on SEC Country while in Mississippi, asking Marlon about his recruitment. Marlon continues to say he had a great time at Auburn but remains 75% committed, so Davis asked about the other 25%. And Marlon named bama, Georgia, and Florida as possibilities, but after watching the interview I got the impression that Ben has been selling Marlon and Kendell Wilson about the possibility of playing together at Georgia. The interview is fairly short and seems pretty playful so I doubt Marlon flips because he seems to be a strong minded young man.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read an article that he is very interested in Georgia now.

Direct quote from yesterday, linked somewhere on this board: "I committed to a school, not a coach. Auburn is where I want to be." Marlon Davidson.

I just read an article that he is very interested in Georgia now.

Direct quote from yesterday, linked somewhere on this board: "I committed to a school, not a coach. Auburn is where I want to be." Marlon Davidson.

Yeah that quote was said in Auburn now he is in Mississippi preparing for the Alabama Mississippi game which is airing on fox at noon by the way. But he was just interviewed by Ben today.

HATTIESBURG, Miss. — It’s clear that the coaching change at UGA has made a significant impact on recruiting.

Marlon Davidson, the nation’s No. 2 defensive end, told unofficial SEC Country reporter Ben Davis, the nation’s No. 1 inside linebacker, that UGA is in good shape with him because of the addition of Kirby Smart.

“Georgia is coming a little harder now that Kirby is there with (UGA defensive line coach Tracy) Rocker,” Davidson told Davis. “It’s looking pretty good.”

Davidson, a 5-star prospect who is committed to Auburn, maintains that his commitment is only “75 percent” solid.

It should be noted that Ben Davis, another 5-star prospect, announced on Monday that UGA is his leader.

In the video below, you can get the answers to the following questions:

1) A surprise SEC team is making a strong push for Davidson. Which one?

2) Now that Smart has left Alabama, who is his primary recruiter?

Surprise, surprise: A prospect that lists UGA as his top choice says that another top prospect is also interested in UGA. What was Davis going to say other than that? Really, without a direct quote from Marlon, I'm not impressed.

Surprise, surprise: A prospect that lists UGA as his top choice says that another top prospect is also interested in UGA. What was Davis going to say other than that? Really, without a direct quote from Marlon, I'm not impressed.

If you go look at the video you will hear Davis interviewing Davidson and Davidson saying," Alabama has no lead recruit because of Kirby's absence and that Georgia is coming along."

Ok. So some are saying he's firmly committed to us. Others to UG or UA. Who's correct?

However, we HAVE to keep players that sign with us...well...with us. If, say, Roc and Cowart end up leaving, what does that tell recruits about how we develop players?

I got some really bad vibes. We'll see.

figures...

UGA or bammer?

Obviously. It's going to be AU/UGA/Bammer battle at end.

I realize that, but what's your vibes tellin you?

UGA or bammer?

Ok. So some are saying he's committed to us. Others to UG or UA. Who's correct?

Serious? Do some damn research. You can start by reading the title to this thread.

Man none of these teams have a consistent defensive staff. They are all missing DCs

Yeah and I have read that Gus has told certain recruits that Auburn will have a DC no later than Sunday.

According to 4-star Auburn defensive back commit John Broussard of Phenix City (Ala.) Central, he was caught a little off guard when Auburn lost both defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and secondary coach Travaris Robinson to South Carolina.

"When I first heard about it, I was kind of surprised they were leaving after one year," Broussard said.

He added the move has "altered" his recruitment a little bit. But Broussard, an early enrollee, remains committed to the Tigers.

"I'm not going to lie, it changes things a little bit," Broussard said. "Because them two were a big reason why I committed to Auburn. But like they say, you're not supposed to go to a school for coaches. But as I grew to know those guys, those are two coaches I really wanted to play for. "

He added, "I've got to sit down and think about it with my parents."

On Sunday, Broussard was contacted by Oklahoma, a school he claims an offer from. The Sooners want him to visit, but Broussard told us it was doubtful he would take that trip. Additionally, he has spoken recently with Mississippi State -- one of his finalists before he chose Auburn earlier this year.

Could anyone be a threat?

"Right now, there isn't anyone I can think of," Broussard said.

For the time being, Broussard -- an early enrollee -- thinks Auburn has a good chance of keeping him in the class. One key, he said, will be how he meshes with the new defensive coordinator -- whomever the choice will be.

"It's very important," Broussard said.

According to Broussard, who is playing in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game this week, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called him Sunday.

"He said he's going to come after the game, and he should have a new defensive coordinator by then."

Man none of these teams have a consistent defensive staff. They are all missing DCs

Yeah and I have read that Gus has told certain recruits that Auburn will have a DC no later than Sunday.

According to 4-star Auburn defensive back commit John Broussard of Phenix City (Ala.) Central, he was caught a little off guard when Auburn lost both defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and secondary coach Travaris Robinson to South Carolina.

"When I first heard about it, I was kind of surprised they were leaving after one year," Broussard said.

He added the move has "altered" his recruitment a little bit. But Broussard, an early enrollee, remains committed to the Tigers.

"I'm not going to lie, it changes things a little bit," Broussard said. "Because them two were a big reason why I committed to Auburn. But like they say, you're not supposed to go to a school for coaches. But as I grew to know those guys, those are two coaches I really wanted to play for. "

On Sunday, Broussard was contacted by Oklahoma, a school he claims an offer from. The Sooners want him to visit, but Broussard told us it was doubtful he would take that trip. Additionally, he has spoken recently with Mississippi State -- one of his finalists before he chose Auburn earlier this year.

For the time being, Broussard -- an early enrollee -- thinks Auburn has a good chance of keeping him in the class. One key, he said, will be how he meshes with the new defensive coordinator -- whomever the choice will be.

According to Broussard, who is playing in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game this week, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called him Sunday.

"He said he's going to come after the game, and he should have a new defensive coordinator by then."

Level headed kid. Need all of those we can get. Sunday seems like forever away though lol.

Level headed kid. Need all of those we can get. Sunday seems like forever away though lol.

Yeah Hopefully Gus Hires one in a couple days because I'm anxious to see who Gus chooses and that will determine what coaches stays and comes in outside of the ones who already decided to leave.

What I like about this post is that it shows Gus is personally being pro-active and calling players. Some posters have insinuated that our coaches have made no attempt to contact the players that have said they are committed or that we are still recruiting heavily. Having the head coach making these calls really shows the love.

Some posters have insinuated that our coaches have made no attempt to contact the players that have said they are committed or that we are still recruiting heavily.

Which, to my way of thinking, is insane. There's a tendency to connect the wrong dots when things don't go well. "We lost some football games and a coach left without getting fired, so everyone still here is probably doing their job very poorly and ignoring even their most basic and obvious responsibilities."

Of COURSE Gus is working on keeping kids committed.

Some posters have insinuated that our coaches have made no attempt to contact the players that have said they are committed or that we are still recruiting heavily.

Which, to my way of thinking, is insane. There's a tendency to connect the wrong dots when things don't go well. "We lost some football games and a coach left without getting fired, so everyone still here is probably doing their job very poorly and ignoring even their most basic and obvious responsibilities."

Of COURSE Gus is working on keeping kids committed.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Sky is falling.

He is a master recruiter. He matches the curtains! Tell me me he just didn't win the mother over. Notice how he's hugging on her and she's all smiliey. Marlon looks kind of indifferent. Time for mama to go to work. Smh. :)

Archived