Dak Prescott opines - Auburn vs. Mississippi State

RunInRed

On how many plays? He will be called out, but I have a relative that played in the SEC. He said that Ford was wearing out and Matthews "highlight" play on the same running back was due to a sore shoulder, and that they both could kick both of our -------, even when half speed. He pointed out that this defense is designed for LBs to make tackles. Mikey can tell you about that part. :)/>

On a play that resulted in a TD for LSU, right? Of course Rudy and Matthews could both kick my ass at even 1/64 speed since I am 52 years old, but that is a dumb and irrelevant reason to excuse the play of Ford (and Matthews) on the Fournette highlight reel. Ok, our D may be designed to make tackles, but that does not excuse are DBs and safeties for lack of effort when the LBs screw up.

wde

I told you what someone that had been through it said to ME. The "both" in the sentence was the two of us. Not you at all. The first sentence had to do with the coaches in the film room. I will use quotation marks next time. He is not dumb and did not try and excuse anything. He simply said that at some point, you can get physically and mentally worn out when you get no help from the O . That is all.

WDE

Archived