Dak Prescott opines - Auburn vs. Mississippi State

RunInRed

"Watching film this morning and yesterday, it's a defense that the coach is going to call plays he really trusts his players to make," Prescott said during his press conference in Starkville on Monday. "They're not going to do anything too difficult or throw any crazy looks at us. I think we're going to have a good game plan and be ready to go for them."

"I'm not really judging them off of their last two games," Prescott said. "I'm going to watch film and study them as the Auburn team they've been. We know it's going to be a close game. It's going to be a tough game anyway, at Auburn, on the road. We're expecting a big-time team and that's what we're going to prepare for."

"It's either going to propel us or really set the tone for the season," Prescott said. "I said LSU was going to do that, but we still have everything in front of us. This game really does that. We win this game, we're still right in the position we need to be. If we lose it we'll have to get some things straight.

"I'm excited for the game and I know the coaches are going to put us in the right game plan and the players are excited."

http://www.al.com/au...ippi_state.html

What did Rudy have to say in response? :bananadance:

I think he said something to the affect of "Dak is going to wish he were back in Panama City by the time I get done with him".

i think rudy is one of the leading tacklers on our team. and after the close call with jsu i think he was trying to fire the team up. shrugs

Hopefully Muschamp will stay long enough to help us recruit quality players on the defensive side. Obviously the players we have now aren't up to the task of running a his system.

Without Rudy's double digit tackles in the last two games......well, maybe he was just hoping someone at LB would make a tackle.

Fair enough, but that is still no excuse for the lack of effort that he demonstrated on Saturday.

wde

On how many plays? He will be called out, but I have a relative that played in the SEC. He said that Ford was wearing out and Matthews "highlight" play on the same running back was due to a sore shoulder, and that they both could kick both of our -------, even when half speed. He pointed out that this defense is designed for LBs to make tackles. Mikey can tell you about that part. :)

On how many plays? He will be called out, but I have a relative that played in the SEC. He said that Ford was wearing out and Matthews "highlight" play on the same running back was due to a sore shoulder, and that they both could kick both of our -------, even when half speed. He pointed out that this defense is designed for LBs to make tackles. Mikey can tell you about that part. :)

On a play that resulted in a TD for LSU, right? Of course Rudy and Matthews could both kick my ass at even 1/64 speed since I am 52 years old, but that is a dumb and irrelevant reason to excuse the play of Ford (and Matthews) on the Fournette highlight reel. Ok, our D may be designed to make tackles, but that does not excuse are DBs and safeties for lack of effort when the LBs screw up.

wde

Prescott was trying to say good things about us, while being factual. We probably will keep the plan simple to get consistency with young guys in.

As far as the Ford effort stuff, I didn't notice the let up during the game, mainly because I was in Death Valley. While it might've looked like lack of effort, it could be due to fatigue. That was the hottest game I've been to. Defense was out there for what felt like forever. Suppose it doesn't excuse what looked like a half-hearted effort, but perhaps fatigue was setting in and he just ran out of gas to pursue Fournette.

Everyone on campus should give Rudy a sideways 5 instead of a high 5 when they see him. That way he will always remember the play where he tried to give Fournette a 5 as he ran by. And he shouldn't start the next game

Nonsense. Rudy Ford is our leading tackler for the season. He's been either the leading tackler or tied for it in all three games. He had one bad play and now we see junk like this posted? Here's a suggestion: You go on campus and give him that sign.

You have to admire a young man like Dak. He is a classy young man. However, I hope he gets a work over that he will not forget for a long time by a defense that is out to prove they can hit and win games for Auburn.

Hopefully Muschamp will stay long enough to help us recruit quality players on the defensive side. Obviously the players we have now aren't up to the task of running a his system.

Or the previous system.

Archived