How concerned should we be

3Jtiger22

After our season start and now watching Syracuse hang close with LSU?

Mild

Moderate

Severe

Hang it up

??

LSU on the road after a big game? JMO but it can be dangerous taking one game and extrapolating the outcome to some future game.

As for AU....different opponent, different QB and different venue.....I'm optimistic.

I don't see how anyone could watch the first 3 AU games and not be very concerned. If a team plays well and gets beat, that happens sometimes. When a team picked 6 in the country looks pretty helpless on both sides of the ball and plays with no confidence thats cause for serious concern. No way I pack it in though. Lots of season left to get things turned in the right direction.

Syracuse is 3-0 so not concerned. They may just finally be having a good year again.

LSU going to have the same number of yards in penalties as they do rushing.....making it easy for 'cuse most of the day.

LSU is good. Syracuse is third in the nation against the run but Fournette is doing his thing. If it weren't for penalties this game would be wide open. They are letting them hang around.

I don't see how anyone could watch the first 3 AU games and not be very concerned. If a team plays well and gets beat, that happens sometimes. When a team picked 6 in the country looks pretty helpless on both sides of the ball and plays with no confidence thats cause for serious concern. No way I pack it in though. Lots of season left to get things turned in the right direction.

Exactly.

Last year, we peaked in the LSU game. We drilled them as bad as you can and could have added a few more scores on them. We played with high emotion and likely could have beaten any team in the country on that night.

Fast forward last Saturday. LSU had this game zeroed in and was determine to play lights out and take us to the woodshed. Most teams playing LSU at the intensity they were playing us last week, could have very well had the same outcome as we did against them.

I do not think we are as bad as advertised; no way whatsoever. I have given some thought, and discussed this yesterday with a friend who played college ball at UNC back in the 80s. It was actually him that brought up this scenario up. He believes that this likely was what happened.

He did agree 100% that JJ needed to hand over the reigns to SW. He likes SW very much and thinks he should have won the job back in the spring. He thinks SW is probably one of the best talents out there to run our offense the way Gus and the rest of us expects. I am excited about this game and fully think we will see the Auburn team that was ranked in the top 10 when the season began.

I am not crazy folks. I made it through Duke Med School and practiced for a short while until I developed a very serious allergy to latex. My home is latex free and is my castle and jail cell at the same time.

WDE!!! The Doc

I think if there is a time to right the ship tonight is the night. A win over state allows us to gain a little momentum and the up coming schedule loosens the noose a little to allow the team to gel .... San Jose St, Kentucky and Arky. Especially with the week off and a Thursday kick with Kentucky and the nine day layover till the next Saturday with Arky. Just my 2 but it has to happen tonight IMO or the wheels probably fall off. WDE

I wonder if Gus chose JJ over White because there was so much momentum of public perception behind JJ. If White had started and he not performed perfectly everyone would be screaming for JJ and calling Gus an idiot. I guess we'll find out about my theory in a few hours.

One of my perspectives have been to hope as the teams we played played other teams it would somehow justify our play. I know that is not apples to apples and certainly means little if anything but goodness even that perspective has looked bleak at best.

Leadership from the QB position is critical, but more importantly you can't hold other players accountable

if you are playing like crap. JJ talked the leadership talk but got the bubble guts when it was time to hit the field. Without effective leadership from the QB position the entire team suffers. Hopefully SW will lead the team and perform effectively as well...

Trent Dilfer, who played QB in the Super Bowl felt White would be the starting QB and really felt White would be named starter with AU going to a passing attack. I heard another person sing White's praises after his performance in theUnder Armour All American game. Makes you wonder if Gus had JJ penciled in as starter regardless of how White performed.

Archived